Thread: Ragin' Cajuns land date with 'Bama

1. UL Basketball Ragin' Cajuns land date with 'Bama

One week after an agreement for a road game against the University of Houston fell apart, the UL men's basketball team added another SEC program to the 2008-09 schedule.

Coach Robert Lee confirmed that the Ragin' Cajuns received a signed contract from Alabama on Friday for a Dec. 6 game against the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

"It's an opportunity to play a team in a BCS conference and see how your team measures up to that level of competition," said Lee, whose program also talked with Missouri and Mississippi State. "We want to play good competition every night. We like playing these types of teams.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • July 19, 2008

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns land date with 'Bama

UA-T in Tuscaloosa. The Z'ster will be happy.

3. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns land date with 'Bama

much better game than Houston anyways. Great!

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiCajun32 View Post
    Except in one regard - A game in Houston affords many more Cajun fans at least the opportunity to see the team play.

I'm not holding my breath but it'd be nice too if Alabama did what Georgia, Auburn, Mississippi St. and Tennessee have all done. That is, come play us at our place.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Except in one regard - A game in Houston affords many more Cajun fans at least the opportunity to see the team play.

I'm not holding my breath but it'd be nice too if Alabama did what Georgia, Auburn, Mississippi St. and Tennessee have all done. That is, come play us at our place. _
    Ya'll can drive 7 hrs instead of 3 and stay at the "Z". Remember, what happens in Tuscaloosa stays in Tuscaloosa.

Z

I think Houston had a higher RPI than Alabama last year. They may this year as well. Despite that, considering general support (not for a big game like Kentucky), Houston's support rivals ours. Therefore, I can understand playing Alabama rather than Houston if it is a payday game and no return visit is involved. We are almost finish this year's schedule. 2009-2010 has no non conference home games at this point. If we have the kind of season this year some are expecting, it will be a bear to schedule for the following year as no one will want to come here. It will be imperative we have enough dollars to buy home games in that scenario.

The article mentioned home games against Oral Roberts, McNeese State and Lamar. I'm wondering what happened to the Louisiana Tech game.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    The article mentioned home games against Oral Roberts, McNeese State and Lamar. I'm wondering what happened to the Louisiana Tech game.
    They came to the Dome the year before and we returned the trip this past year. I don't think the series was renewed. They already have to lower themselves and play Monroe a few more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    They came to the Dome the year before and we returned the trip this past year. I don't think the series was renewed. They already have to lower themselves and play Monroe a few more times.
    La Tech is on the schedule. In fact it is the home opener on Sat. Nov. 15th. It was just a mistake to leave it off of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    _ The article mentioned home games against Oral Roberts, McNeese State and Lamar. I'm wondering what happened to the Louisiana Tech game. _
    Tech is the season opener on November 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    La Tech is on the schedule. In fact it is the home opener on Sat. Nov. 15th. It was just a mistake to leave it off of the article.
    Ok. I forgot we opened the series up in Ruston during the 05-06 season and before that was the Baton Rouge tournament. Any other dates ya'll know of so I can schedule my days off. With the LSU game being on New Years Eve, this season might be the most difficult for me to attend. I'd love to be able to make it to Tuscaloosa but it also comes a few days after our season finale against MT.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    _ Ok. I forgot we opened the series up in Ruston during the 05-06 season and before that was the Baton Rouge tournament. Any other dates ya'll know of so I can schedule my days off. With the LSU game being on New Years Eve, this season might be the most difficult for me to attend. I'd love to be able to make it to Tuscaloosa but it also comes a few days after our season finale against MT. _
    screw it.take the week off.

Z

13. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns land date with 'Bama

I totally agree!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajuns land date with 'Bama

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ screw it.take the week off.

Z _
    As my Chinese gardener always says: "Ha Ha Ha! You funny guy!!!"

Thread Information