Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MORE PRESEASON PROGNOSTICATION!! this guy didnt get the memo from ulm..LOL!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default MORE PRESEASON PROGNOSTICATION!! this guy didnt get the memo from ulm..LOL!

Default Re: MORE PRESEASON PROGNOSTICATION!! this guy didnt get the memo from ulm..LOL!

haha! Red Wolves? cool logo? dude if you are going to make some specific statement like that at least look at the logo. The list lost all cred with that one and a few others.

Default Re: MORE PRESEASON PROGNOSTICATION!! this guy didnt get the memo from ulm..LOL!

I thought it was pretty cool the way the format is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    I hope Metry & Co. do the link.

Not only does this guy know the SBC schools by name but it's obvious he did some serious research and/or follows the league closely.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ I hope Metry & Co. do the link.

Not only does this guy know the SBC schools by name but it's obvious he did some serious research and/or follows the league closely. _
    Just did the link. This was a good synopsis of the league. I guess you are refering to the use of Louisiana. I also see a Louisiana Lafayette in the article. Articles like this have very little impact on our name. Until ESPN and the networks call us UL we will be known by our less desirable names.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Just did the link. This was a good synopsis of the league. I guess you are refering to the use of Louisiana. I also see a Louisiana Lafayette in the article. Articles like this have very little impact on our name. Until ESPN and the networks call us UL we will be known by our less desirable names. _
    suck it up, jr. You plainly stated that NO one outside of Lafayette calls us Louisiana. NOT TRUE!!!

ulmsters got panties in a knot yesterday when an MT guy posted a link on their board using Louisiana. I laughed my a** off at that.

Hell the kid with the blog that marched in the Drums across 'ajun Field was really impressed with the field at The University of Louisiana.

Another part of the slooooooowwww process. It is happening though.

Z

_ suck it up, jr. You plainly stated that NO one outside of Lafayette calls us Louisiana. NOT TRUE!!!

ulmsters got panties in a knot yesterday when an MT guy posted a link on their board using Louisiana. I laughed my a** off at that.

Hell the kid with the blog that marched in the Drums across 'ajun Field was really impressed with the field at The University of Louisiana.

Z _
    The scoreboards at Houston and UCF stadiums looked good too as did the picture of the Tennessee scoreboard I saw on the 'net.

It'd be the ticket if we could get the final scores to all favor the Cajuns but in the meantime "LOUISIANA" looked good on all of them.

_ The scoreboards at Houston and UCF stadiums looked good too as did the picture of the Tennessee scoreboard I saw on the 'net.

It'd be the ticket if we could get the final scores to all favor the Cajuns but in the meantime "LOUISIANA" looked good on all of them. _
    How about the baseball regional at aTm last year. LOUISIANA, bigger than Dallas. I think Rick Mello went behind wright waters back on that one. heaven forbid the Sunbelt ever offend someone......

_ How about the baseball regional at aTm last year. LOUISIANA, bigger than Dallas. I think Rick Mello went behind wright waters back on that one. heaven forbid the Sunbelt ever offend someone...... _
    I saw some Latexsters whining on their forum about their baseball scoreboard operator putting up "UL" or "Louisiana" (I forget which it was) when the Cajuns played up there.

Just for that I'm going to recommend we use "Tech" instead of "LaTex" when they come down for the basketball game in December.

_ I saw some Latexsters whining on their forum about their baseball scoreboard operator putting up "UL" or "Louisiana" (I forget which it was) when the Cajuns played up there.

Just for that I'm going to recommend we use "Tech" instead of "LaTex" when they come down for the basketball game in December. _
    Oh yeah, that was funny. The story goes that our ball boy went up there with a gun and forced em' to put Louisiana on their score board.....

That, plus an 11-1(?) beat down by the Cajuns made for a very unpleasant evening in the little suburb of Grambling, LA.... known as ruston.....

_ suck it up, jr. You plainly stated that NO one outside of Lafayette calls us Louisiana. NOT TRUE!!!

Z _

Yeah, but look at our website. It has Louisiana-Lafayette and Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns on the home page and on the coaches bios and a lot of other pages. Granted, we are moving to more and more usage of UL and Louisiana on that site, but it is still a mixed message. And, as long as it is a mixed message for us, it will certainly be a mixed message for outsiders, so they will refer to the old (8 years now) standby, Louisiana-Lafayette. It all starts with US, i.e. UL SID.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    _ Yeah, but look at our website. It has Louisiana-Lafayette and Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns on the home page and on the coaches bios and a lot of other pages. Granted, we are moving to more and more usage of UL and Louisiana on that site, but it is still a mixed message. And, as long as it is a mixed message for us, it will certainly be a mixed message for outsiders, so they will refer to the old (8 years now) standby, Louisiana-Lafayette. It all starts with US, i.e. UL SID. _
    A statement was made in a previous post. The statement was debunked. that is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Z

Ragin' Cajuns Re: MORE PRESEASON PROGNOSTICATION!! this guy didnt get the memo from ulm..LOL!

_ I saw some Latexsters whining on their forum about their baseball scoreboard operator putting up "UL" or "Louisiana" (I forget which it was) when the Cajuns played up there.

Just for that I'm going to recommend we use "Tech" instead of "LaTex" when they come down for the basketball game in December. _
    Hell, REALLY ______ 'em off and put "LA NECH" on the scoreboard - grab a brew and watch what they do with THAT one!!!

Z _
    I stand corrected! Almost no one calls us Louisiana outside of Lafayette.
    Where you see progress, I see none. The only times I saw the national media call us Louisiana were 5+ years ago. All I see now is LA Laf, UL Laf or some other bastardization.
    I admit the Lafayette area has made great strides in the past few years, but that has not translated to other areas. Unlike some I am not consumed with the name thing. I would trade a 9-3 season in exchange for going back to USL.
    You mentioned a sloooowww process....that is not how it is going to happen. In our current situation we are Louisiana Lafayette. Only a formal announcement by the University will get us the name we all want. It will then happen overnight!!

Would love to continue this discission, but I will be out of pocket for a couple of weeks. I am going to Alaska sans wife and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I stand corrected! Almost no one calls us Louisiana outside of Lafayette.
    Where you see progress, I see none. The only times I saw the national media call us Louisiana were 5+ years ago. All I see now is LA Laf, UL Laf or some other bastardization.
    I admit the Lafayette area has made great strides in the past few years, but that has not translated to other areas. Unlike some I am not consumed with the name thing. I would trade a 9-3 season in exchange for going back to USL.
    You mentioned a sloooowww process....that is not how it is going to happen. In our current situation we are Louisiana Lafayette. Only a formal announcement by the University will get us the name we all want. It will then happen overnight!!

Would love to continue this discission, but I will be out of pocket for a couple of weeks. I am going to Alaska sans wife and kids. _
    Enjoy your vacation!

Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information