Thread: Lady Cajuns New Assistant Lori Morris

1. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns New Assistant Lori Morris

Lori Morris thought her best shot at getting a coaching job with an NCAA Division I women's basketball program came and went when she turned down an opening at the University of San Diego in 1997.

Ends up Morris got a second chance to realize her dream.

The 46-year-old California native recently joined the Cajun women's coaching staff as an assistant under second-year head coach Errol Rogers. Morris, who began her 30-year coaching career as a junior in high school, takes the spot opened when Liza Whittington left to become the head girls basketball coach at Brusly High.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • July 17, 2008

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Add Assistant

I think that this is a sign that things maybe changing for the better. This is another sign of more support from the administration in that they approved a much needed extra assistant to the women's team. Hopefully, this will be one of many signs in the near future.

3. UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns New Assistant Lori Morris

Former Southwestern College and Montgomery High girls basketball coach Lori Morris has joined the staff of the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Morris, 46, will be an assistant under second-year head coach Errol Rogers.
    “I am very appreciative of this opportunity,” Morris told The Daily Advertiser in Lafayette. “I thought maybe the time had passed for me to coach at the Division I level, so this is really exciting.”

Morris spent last season as head coach at Southwestern, returning to a position she held from 1984 to 1986. Before that, Morris spent most of her 30-year coaching career at Montgomery, leading the Aztecs to seven league titles and two San Diego Section runner-up finishes.

The rest of the story

By Nicole Vargas
    UNION-TRIBUNE

Thread Information