Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Texas Southern @ Louisiana (Game 1)

Default Re: Texas Southern @ Louisiana (Game 1)

Cajuns win 5-4.

I will take that W good job guys keep it up.

I can't figure out why we pulled Austin after he had sat down 15 batters in a row and was cruising with only a 1 run lead. He only had 104 pitches, nothing earth shattering. He should've finished it out and got another CG W. Oh well though, fun way to win in the bottom of the 9th. Just another feather under this team's cap of ways to pull out a victory. I hope we bring some bigger bats tomorrow.

Just guessing maybe Robe doesnt want to wear out his arm this earlyin the season? The Cajuns will definitly need him to be fresh down the stretch.

Also, after what we saw last Sunday it can't hurt to get the bullpen as much work as possible before conference starts.

Post game interview, Coach just said Austin had the flu this week and got a shot yesterday to knock it out. I guess that could be it!! Haha… wow what a gutsy performance by Robe either way… the dude is a beast.

Not surprised it was a close game. Their starter had an 0.98 ERA coming into the game.

Everyone has at least one good pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Post game interview, Coach just said Austin had the flu this week and got a shot yesterday to knock it out. I guess that could be it!! Haha… wow what a gutsy performance by Robe either way… the dude is a beast.
    Austin did tweet yesterday that he was sick and not feeling good.

He probably didn't have his best stuff tonight, either.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Austin did tweet yesterday that he was sick and not feeling good.

He probably didn't have his best stuff tonight, either.
    If Aut didn't have his best tonight, look out when he does. Touched the mid 90's in the 8th and still had good command.

9. Default Re: Texas Southern @ Louisiana (Game 1)

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Also, Austin threw 128 pitches last week in the complete game. Robe talked about wanting to follow next week with a shorter outing (he was probably hoping for something like 80 pitches). No need to throw that many pitches early in the season . save some pitch count for the stretch run.

Brian

10. Default Re: Texas Southern @ Louisiana (Game 1)

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Not surprised it was a close game. Their starter had an 0.98 ERA coming into the game.

Everyone has at least one good pitcher.
    . and Texas Southern has more than one. LSU managed only four hits in their 4-1 home win over TSU. And that was against pitchers that the Cajuns have yet to see (Kanorik, Pearson, Martinez).

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Also, Austin threw 128 pitches last week in the complete game. Robe talked about wanting to follow next week with a shorter outing (he was probably hoping for something like 80 pitches). No need to throw that many pitches early in the season . save some pitch count for the stretch run.

Brian
    And Austin did not pitch this past fall, so you don't want him throwing that many pitches on back-to-back Fridays this early in the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information