Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FB Helmet

UL Football FB Helmet

I remember a few weeks ago that there was a football uniform thread going and someone said they would design a new helmet. Found an interesting drawing on this website and thought I would share:

www.mghelmets.com/NCAA.html

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: FB Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ I remember a few weeks ago that there was a football uniform thread going and someone said they would design a new helmet. Found an interesting drawing on this website and thought I would share:

www.mghelmets.com/NCAA.html _
    I like that A LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    I remember a few weeks ago that there was a football uniform thread going and someone said they would design a new helmet. Found an interesting drawing on this website and thought I would share:

www.mghelmets.com/NCAA.html
    I like it also but you must realize that to 90% of the world that is a Saints logo. They have no idea the history behind the Fluer di Lis.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I like it also but you must realize that to 90% of the world that is a Saints logo. They have no idea the history behind the Fluer di Lis. _
    Can we interface a UL with the Fleur de Lis to give the university that connection? Does that site allow one to play with the helmet design? If so, how do we access it for that purpose?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: FB Helmet

_ I like it also but you must realize that to 90% of the world that is a Saints logo. They have no idea the history behind the Fluer di Lis. _
    Actually, the Saints' fleur looks nothing like that one. Besides, we'd hardly be the first team to use a NFL team's logo. Georgia comes to mind immediately (along with Grambling!). I think some form of striping down the center of the helmet would set it off better.

A white facemask and maybe a white stripe would be great. Try to move back to vermilion and white

You cannot alter the helmets on the site. Just email Mike, the guy who runs the site, and ask him if he could do another alternate helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ Actually, the Saints' fleur looks nothing like that one. Besides, we'd hardly be the first team to use a NFL team's logo. Georgia comes to mind immediately (along with Grambling!). I think some form of striping down the center of the helmet would set it off better. _
    I have seen this before on a helmet it's used by a grade school or private school I can't recall where I saw it. Try a school that goes by Saints.

It would have to have a white face mask. I'm of the school of thought that we need to go back to the Vermilion and white. Maybe make the black on the logo into a shaded grey, I like the logo. And I think we would have the Saints thing going with it but we have it all over the field already so we might as well go with it. It's better than a flaming pepper. haha

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ It would have to have a white face mask. I'm of the school of thought that we need to go back to the Vermilion and white. Maybe make the black on the logo into a shaded grey, I like the logo. And I think we would have the Saints thing going with it but we have it all over the field already so we might as well go with it. It's better than a flaming pepper. haha _

How about a white stripe with black trim accross the helmet with a white face mask AND a white UL with black trim in the middle of the Fleur de Lis?

10. Default

There is too little or none of the all important who, what, when, where and why in that logo. On second thought there is a lot of why.

UL Football Re: FB Helmet

Single Fleur looks too much like the losing franchise the Saints. But maybe like a post prior to my post said UL with the Fleur or a big spelling of Louisiana with a Fleur thrown in not in the spelling but somewhere around Louisiana and pronounced to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Single Fleur looks too much like the losing franchise the Saints. But maybe like a post prior to my post said UL with the Fleur or a big spelling of Louisiana with a Fleur thrown in not in the spelling but somewhere around Louisiana and pronounced to show up.
    Didn't we try that fruity looking tri fleur de lis one year?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Single Fleur looks too much like the losing franchise the Saints. But maybe like a post prior to my post said UL with the Fleur or a big spelling of Louisiana with a Fleur thrown in not in the spelling but somewhere around Louisiana and pronounced to show up. _
    DC expand your horizons, I know you are creative and have many an idea. and How could you say that about my second favorite team "losing". What is our fav university associated with lol

Ragin' Cajuns Re: FB Helmet

_ Didn't we try that fruity looking tri fleur de lis one year? _
    It was Brandon Stokely's final year ('97 I think?). What would you think of using it with the CAJUNS running through it (See the avatar)??

I like the fleur des lis concept, plus we better use it now before the Saints start consistently winning and the LA ST Aggies or bayou _____ cats(whichever you prefer to call them) decide to add that to their list of names, logos & gear, and say that represents the culture of baton rouge.a city that has absolutely no culture whatsoever. Use it somehow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information