Thread: Savoie era begins at UL - President signals change in first day as leader

1. Alumni Savoie era begins at UL - President signals change in first day as leader

Joseph Savoie was greeted at UL's Martin Hall by what he described as "a gauntlet" of more than 100 students, faculty and staff assembled to welcome him on his first day as UL president.

As he made his way through the crowd, shaking hands and giving the occasional hug, it was easy to see why his description was apt. Filling the vacancy left by Ray Authement after his 34-year tenure as president would mean more than just arriving for work and occupying an empty office.

With each handshake came an unspoken question - what's next?

For Savoie, that answer is simple. Change comes next. And while Savoie expressed his commitment to honor the legacy left behind by Authement, his first day on the job sent clear signals that under his leadership, UL will travel some uncharted waters toward its future.

The rest of the story

Cody Daigle • cdaigle@theadvertiser.com • July 3, 2008

Default Re: Savoie era begins at UL - President signals change in first day as leader

The comments at the bottom are always hilarious. I'm waiting to see how bad they will be at the end of the day. Everyone bickering.

I still cannot see why anyone would want a tuition DECREASE. That is ridiculous when we are miles behind the rest of the schools our size in the nation. You cannot say that we don't need the additional funding. If you want a quality education, then you have to pay for it some way.

Its also funny when people think they know how all the faculty feels about Dr. S. Cynics are great.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Savoie era begins at UL - President signals change in first day as leader

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    The comments at the bottom are always hilarious. I'm waiting to see how bad they will be at the end of the day. Everyone bickering.

I still cannot see why anyone would want a tuition DECREASE. That is ridiculous when we are miles behind the rest of the schools our size in the nation. You cannot say that we don't need the additional funding. If you want a quality education, then you have to pay for it some way.

Its also funny when people think they know how all the faculty feels about Dr. S. Cynics are great.
    The morons always rise above the rest in the DA comments section. I read that also. How ridiculous!

Z

They are the same people who whine and complain that the school isn't spending money correctly on improvements and that everything is cheap. WOW

_ The comments at the bottom are always hilarious. I'm waiting to see how bad they will be at the end of the day. Everyone bickering.

Its also funny when people think they know how all the faculty feels about Dr. S. Cynics are great. _
    Because this is LOOSIANA and expecting to get something for nothing is just one of the many legacies left to us by good old Huey Long.

6. Default Re: Savoie era begins at UL - President signals change in first day as leader

I saw one comment on the article that was sane:

"If I could use only one word to describe the presidents and their administrations of UL Lafayette:

Edwin Lewis Stephens - Scholar
    Joel Lafayette Fletcher - Humanitarian
    Lethar Frazar - Politician
    Clyde Rougeou - Athletics
    Ray Authement - Efficient
    Joseph Savoie - ???
    "

I thought it was very well put, what will T. Joe's legacy be, dare I say, visionary!

I thought the quote in the Advocate today gives us a little insight on what Dr. S is thinking.

“It may be time to take out a loan and move forward a little faster,” he said.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/edu./22849719.html

I'm looking forward to hearing about his plans and ideas.

Thread Information