Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Picture

Default Interesting Picture

Found this on the Internet. what do you think?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Interesting Picture

Well, what do you think about the original?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Well, what do you think about the original? _

If I'm not mistaken, the kid was on the news some time ago. He is blind and in a wheelchair, but plays with the marching band and his father pushes the wheelchair around with the band formations. It was a pretty inspiring story.

I assume, however, you were referring to the UL on the hat. For those who think Louisville is either U of L or just "L", think again. The UL does look good though and is what Louisiana should be using as its logo.

4. Default Re: Interesting Picture

_ Found this on the Internet. what do you think? _
    A Louisville original that we should dump faster than you can say "dump"

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    _ If I'm not mistaken, the kid was on the news some time ago. He is blind and in a wheelchair, but plays with the marching band and his father pushes the wheelchair around with the band formations. It was a pretty inspiring story.

I assume, however, you were referring to the UL on the hat. For those who think Louisville is either U of L or just "L", think again. The UL does look good though and is what Louisiana should be using as its logo. _
    Band member to be featured on ‘Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’
    November 7th, 2007

The University of Louisville marching band practiced Nov. 7 while the cameras for “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” rolled. The show is in Louisville to film a segment on band member Patrick Henry Hughes and his family.

The Hughes family home will receive a makeover. Crews also will make improvements to the marching band’s practice field.

Hughes, who has been blind and physically challenged from birth, gained national attention a year ago as the 2006 recipient of Disney’s Wide World of Sports’ Disney Spirit Award. He also was featured on ESPN, ABC World News, Oprah, National Public Radio and in other media venues.

“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” is expected to be in Louisville for one week.
    http://php.louisville.edu/news/news.php?news=1027

I have a Question Re: Interesting Picture

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A Louisville original that we should dump faster than you can say "dump"

jmo
    Turbine, when you say "a Louisville original" are you saying they came up with that exact UL font before we did?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Turbine, when you say "a Louisville original" are you saying they came up with that exact UL font before we did?
    Yes, but only the band still uses it.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Here you go:

The Helmet Project

Just scroll down to the L'ville helmets in the '60's.

Kind of a bummer. it's the only logo we have that is sharp and looks professional (IMHO), and it's not ours.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ Here you go:

The Helmet Project

Just scroll down to the L'ville helmets in the '60's.

Kind of a bummer. it's the only logo we have that is sharp and looks professional (IMHO), and it's not ours. _
    That's why I say all Fleur de Lis, all the time. Just like UT and the Longhorn. The only other group that uses it is the Saints and ours is a little different that theirs.

And I think our interlocking UL is different that L'ville's too, although the difference is minor. But I hear what you're saying Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ That's why I say all Fleur de Lis, all the time. Just like UT and the Longhorn. The only other group that uses it is the Saints and ours is a little different that theirs.

And I think our interlocking UL is different that L'ville's too, although the difference is minor. But I hear what you're saying Fun. _

What would a Fleur de Lis with an interlocking UL in the middle look like? That would associate the university with the symbol. What about that same symbol with Ragin above and Cajuns below or Ragin Cajuns above the symbol? Can someone create those?

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    That's why I say all Fleur de Lis, all the time. Just like UT and the Longhorn. The only other group that uses it is the Saints and ours is a little different that theirs.

And I think our interlocking UL is different that L'ville's too, although the difference is minor. But I hear what you're saying Fun.
    Agreed. But I don't want to look like the Saints.

That's why we selected the design that we have on ultoday.com. We picked it because it reflects the unity between UL and the community (it's both on the UL seal and the flag of Acadiana).

But we also picked a design that looked very different than the Saints' logo, and the fact that there are three of them emphasizes the difference.

To whom it may concern,

The argument that we can't put UL on our helmet because the Louisville band employs a similar logo is completely without merit.

For example,

3 schools have a C on their helmets----UCONN/CINCY/CENTRAL MICHIGAN

5 schools have an M on their helmets----MINNESOTA/MIZZOU/MARSHALL/MEMPHIS/MIAMI-OH

2 schools have an N on their helmets----NEBRASKA/NORTHWESTERN

2 schools have an R on their helmets----RICE/RUTGERS

3 schools have a T on their helmets----TENNESSEE/TULANE/LaTECH

3 schools have a U on their helmets----MIAMI-FL/UTAH/UTAH ST

2 schools have a W on their helmets----WASHINGTON/WISCONSIN

We would be the only school in the country with an interlocking UL on the helmet.

If the font needs to be changed a little, who cares. We would grab the UL moniker as ours once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    To whom it may concern,

The argument that we can't put UL on our helmet because the Louisville band employs a similar logo is completely without merit.

For example,

5 schools have an M on their helmets----MINNESOTA/MIZZOU/MARSHALL/MEMPHIS/MIAMI-OH

We would be the only school in the country with an interlocking UL on the helmet.

If the font needs to be changed a little, who cares. We would grab the UL moniker as ours once and for all.
    Excellent Point!

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    To whom it may concern,

For example,

The debate is not without merit. All your examples are single letters with major font variables. When you get to interlocking duality of same letters with extremely minor font change you lose the identity war.

The best UL logo builds off of the original SLII logo from 100 years ago.

jmo

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The debate is not without merit. All your examples are single letters with major font variables. When you get to interlocking duality of same letters with extremely minor font change you lose the identity war.

The best UL logo builds off of the original SLII logo from 100 years ago.

jmo

igeaux.mobi
    There is no war.

Nobody uses UL on their helmets.

It's there for the taking. We just have to do it.

Band uniforms are meaningless in the real world. Helmet logos are EVERYTHING.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information