Thread: 2008 SunBelt Player Rankings

1. Sunbelt 2008 SunBelt Player Rankings

2007 was supposed to be Troy’s season to claim back-to-back conference crowns. Unfortunately for the Trojans, Florida Atlantic’s young team was finally able to grow into a contender and the Owls found themselves hoisting the title at the end of the year. Led by quarterback Rusty Smith, the Owls should have one of the top 45 offenses in college football this year. Additionally, after upsetting Minnesota last season, the Owls will turn their attention to Texas, Michigan State and Minnesota once again this year. Look for the Owls to go back-to-back, while Troy and MTSU should fall just short of winning the conference. The Trojans are in a rebuilding year, but always seem to work their way into contention. The Blue Raiders have plenty of offense, but need to shore up a few defensive holes along the offensive line to contend in 2008. . .

The rest of the story and rankings

2. Default Re: 2008 SunBelt Player Rankings

Is Deon Wallace still on the team?

Default Re: 2008 SunBelt Player Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ Is Deon Wallace still on the team? _

Yes. Last I heard, he was working in the Spring on getting his academics in line which is why you didn't see him in the Spring game or hear much of him. This is also the same for G. Blount and Derrick Smith to name a few. I hope all do well and retain their eligibility.

Funny, every prediction I've read has said that the lack of offense and skill position play will be MTSU's weakness but they claim it to be a strength. O.K. Gee is a dynamic player but Craddock was playing baseball and has lost his starting job to Dasher but he's a sophomore, undersized and doesn't have many options to go to other than Gee. At least that's what I've read. I believe they will place 4th in the conference but still think that ULM may nudge them at that position.

Thread Information