Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bowl or Bust?

Default Re: Bowl or Bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    do you blame debacle on debustle?
    cute bug off

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    It is the truth and a milestone in the Cajun program. The truth is in short supply on Cajun boards. People rather argue about what helmet or uniform looks the best etc. Also they like to cry about short comings in our budget etc although we get beaten by those with less money.
    whoaa your best post ever? tough to come up with something to banter with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I am afraid that losing to the McNeeses killed this program. A bowl appearance will generate fan interest, but were are now in a worse state than we were with Baldwin. We are more talented at just about every position with Bustle but the fan interest is lower IMO.
    mcneese game a serious hit though can't agree with the "worse state" picture unless your just talking "fans wise"

"the program "killed", as it pertains to the players, the fellows who are doing the grunt work i would guess would take offense that they are portrayed as "stiffs/dead" ie: killed wins will ease that serious set back vs cowboys fans can be forgiving wins and time heals all wounds

again me too the cowboys loss, blindsided me was a punch in the gut a setback of realization. but when was the last winning season? 1996? mcneese may have been the funeral though long time ago was the bullet to the head

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    jmo
    all my words in this thread are just mine too i am a seriuos believer in that if there is something i don't understand it usually is because i don't know all of the facts please keep this in mind reading my posts in here i don't know much (everything) at all just typing with the grit of how i feel

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    OK Sherlock, why don't YOU tell us something we don't already KNOW then!??
    who don't know that's you in the white cap?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns67 View Post
    does Charles Tillman, Ike Taylor, Fred Stamps ring a bell
    please give me the total wins during the playing days when they were here?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Believe it or not, there is always a way to restart a butchered program. Fan interest is disgustingly low, but if the Admin decides they don't like being smashed on here and elsewhere by the core dedicated fans, they can go balls to the wall, take the path to success (innovative private funding), and we will see Cajun football grow to a very respectable status. It can be done. It is their choice. It will not be done any. absolutely any other way.
    i believe this

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I was an athlete at the same time as they were.
    hey you

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    baldwin was a better recruiter for pure talent and was a horrible coach. bustle is a better coach and recruits better student athletes.
    bustle's first class2002

we won the battle vs so miss with a wr out of new orleansa guy named junior joesph out of op walker.nick has a last day (night before signing day) drop out/opening and the young man gets a call then flips and signs with the tigers he never plays there i don't think not sure how many years he even stays there

badlwin nor bustle nor any next guy has much of a chance if certain other schools offer

(including tillman taylor and stamps)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Take Fenroy away, and the difference in records is negligible.
    please buddy come on can't let this sentence slide you got to know better than that

cajuns take jake delhomme, brian mitchell, brandon, etc etc etc away ?

without brett farve, what are the packers tom brady, peyton manning, etc etc etc

Default in closing

if i may give a small outside opine no way what i gonna type is a whole picture of what this university and its football team has to wake up and face just an inkling and only a slight slimmer of one slither of the total being of cajun football

any ceo worth his salt takes the lumps for any bad in his company that's where the buck lives

downhill slide started in late stokley years baldwin wasn't the 1st choice (2nd or 3rd?) , but "the best" left? whoaa if true not good

some say bustle has had "more support" well i believe it's because he has beat the streets since day one when he arrived he has earned it

realizing his 1st day here, not one coach on his staff had "cars" to go out recruiting within the next few weeks every coach had a ride to hit the ground to recruit and re-introduce the program that resides in lafayette

baldwin ( guess no cars all his years) can have his complaints of no upgrades well rickey made the calls to the flooring, and paint stores, etc etc etc this scenario can play out with just about "any" upgrade to the facilities and to any forward hints of this program

baldwin had a "bunker mentality" that everyone was against him his thinking not 100% true though, numerous past athletes and long term supporters told me personally "not until" this buck is gone will i ever give a nickel so it wasn't really true they were against just him (baldwin) but he was just a part of the problem jerry waited for the kiwanas, rotary, etc type organizations to call him to come speak they rarely if ever did andhis thought pattern eventually turned to "just let me just coach" and i'll never leave my office.

well rickey called them "can i come" .they all said yes he was out and about and we all got caught up in the newness, the outgoing persona of let's together get something done! and the thought of well lookee here our savior has arrived!! for instancedoes anyone remember those first spring practices when there were buses of college students that were arranged by rickey that were brought to practice meet players, coaches and even had their chance to kick a FG?

following up to a point i above paragraphi always had a smile during those first few years seeing an ex-cajun standing in the back of those recruiting bashes of rickey's who had told me earlier "not until, NEVER" they got the feeling that something might be new and started trickling back

we have an indoor practice place because of rickey, as well as any other thing that's new (well not the AD, associate AD and the new Buck ) God willing, rickey can survive to be able to reap some benefit of the "REAL NEW ADDITIONS" to the football program

i have mentioned this previously rickey "has fought the good fight", no money, no help within the athletic system willing or able to make a decision to "get digging" .up and out of the deep hole he found himself in (as he found out the next number of months on the j.o.b. just how deep it truly was) and years from now if this program fulfills, what many told rickey before he got here " it's a sleeping giant" i only hope he will be around or if has moved on he will be able to look himself in the mirror and be satisfied with the part he played in it

i must say there have been increments of help from above, some movement towards paying attention to reinhart dr although to little and way too late

in closing i wish to leave encouragement it's all in front of the cajun program. time to look ahead, pick itself up, dust it's pants off, forgetting the past and God willing follow a new buck that is for us (athletics) 150% and not against us, whatever that reason (good or bad) may have been

good night and happy father day to you daddy's out there.

12. Default Re: in closing

Wow Bil very insightful and a nice read.

Thanks

Good post. Cajunsmike and I have said a number of times that it may very well turn out that Doc S lives up to his promise and we get an admin to fully suport athletics but that it will take several years to have any impact on the field. It will be unfortunate that Coach Bustle and others wh have struggled under the last few years of the present regime do nto get to reap the benefits of the new direction of a new administration.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: in closing

Nice. Happy Fathers Day, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ They are at a different level in football.therefore the eligibility standards academically are lower for their recruits and players and the standards to remain eligible with the NCAA are less. Coach Bustle doesn't have that luxury. McNeese does. You can go on the NCAA Clearinghouse website and review what the differences are for high school recruits if you are interested. _
    Okay, show me a link to that information. Other than the FCS schools having an advantage of not having a transfer sit out a year, I thought the NCAA academic requirements for athletes was the same for all Division I schools.

Doc

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information