Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Bowl or Bust?

Default Bowl or Bust?

Really guys aren't we tired of losing. WE have got to get to a bowl this season. IF not, pretty much our whole fan base will leave us. We will be back in the gutter days of Baldwin. This year is make or break for this football program and our athletic program. After all football makes the world geaux round.
    Think about it, where do we geaux after Des and Fenroy leaves us. THis year has to be the year!!!! If not we are done for a while.

That being said, this year has got to be the thoughest schedule I have seen with all the road games, but if Bustle wants to stay here, he should pull some of these off.

Geaux Louisiana!

Default Re: Bowl or Bust?

Well you pretty much summed it up there, our schedule does not work in our favor. I hope we can some how some way get into a bowl game but I just don't see that happening. I see Bustle getting fired after this season then who knows, another 2 years under a new coach with growing pains? I hate to think that way but I have to be realistic here. my days of high expectations were dashed with the football, basketball then baseball seasons. Time to be realistic here. But I'm not gonna dog anyone for having high expectaions.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Really guys aren't we tired of losing. WE have got to get to a bowl this season. IF not, pretty much our whole fan base will leave us.
    They are already gone.

Any chance of continuing a "building" feeling to the program and growing a fanbase went out the window with the McNeese debacle last season.

It will take a winning season and a BCS upset or two to grab people's attention again.

Now, if we aren't successful this season, and we were to change the direction of the program with a coaching change after this season, it will be real easy to get people fired up again to get back in and support the program.

Either way, I'm very confident that people will be REALLY fired up about Cajun football at this time next season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Any chance of continuing a "building" feeling to the program and growing a fanbase went out the window with the McNeese debacle last season.
    Why did you have to bring that up?

_ The are already gone.

It will take a winning season and a BCS upset or two to grab people's attention again.

Now, if we aren't successful this season, and we were to change the direction of the program with a coaching change after this season, it will be real easy to get people fired up again to get back in and support the program.

Either way, I'm very confident that people will be REALLY fired up about Cajun football at this time next season. _
    do you blame debacle on debustle?

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Why did you have to bring that up?
    It is the truth and a milestone in the Cajun program. The truth is in short supply on Cajun boards. People rather argue about what helmet or uniform looks the best etc. Also they like to cry about short comings in our budget etc although we get beaten by those with less money.

The are already gone.

Either way, I'm very confident that people will be REALLY fired up about Cajun football at this time next season.
    I am afraid that losing to the Brokebacks killed this program. A bowl appearance will generate fan interest, but were are now in a worse state than we were with Baldwin. We are more talented at just about every position with Bustle but the fan interest is lower IMO.

8. Default Re: Bowl or Bust?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ It is the truth and a milestone in the Cajun program. The truth is in short supply on Cajun boards.
    Excuse me, the loss to McNeese and all the comments associated with it are searchable on this board.

The fact is people tend to put games behind them and only bring them up in certain situations.

For instance no one has talked much about the softball team beating the #1 team in the country since it happened. Next year and perhaps a couple times before then it will probably get a mention.

The truth is not in short supply if your favorite topic is not brought up all the time.

jmo

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bowl or Bust?

_ It is the truth and a milestone in the Cajun program. The truth is in short supply on Cajun boards. People rather argue about what helmet or uniform looks the best etc. Also they like to cry about short comings in our budget etc although we get beaten by those with less money. _
    OK Sherlock, why don't YOU tell us something we don't already KNOW then!??

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I am afraid that losing to the McNeeses killed this program. A bowl appearance will generate fan interest, but were are now in a worse state than we were with Baldwin. We are more talented at just about every position with Bustle but the fan interest is lower IMO.
    NOT A BALDWIN FAN

does Charles Tillman, Ike Taylor, Fred Stamps ring a bell

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I am afraid that losing to the McNeeses killed this program. A bowl appearance will generate fan interest, but were are now in a worse state than we were with Baldwin. We are more talented at just about every position with Bustle but the fan interest is lower IMO. _
    Believe it or not, there is always a way to restart a butchered program. Fan interest is disgustingly low, but if the Admin decides they don't like being smashed on here and elsewhere by the core dedicated fans, they can go balls to the wall, take the path to success (innovative private funding), and we will see Cajun football grow to a very respectable status. It can be done. It is their choice. It will not be done any. absolutely any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Excuse me, the loss to McNeese and all the comments associated with it are searchable on this board.

The fact is people tend to put games behind them and only bring them up in certain situations.

For instance no one has talked much about the softball team beating the #1 team in the country since it happened. Next year and perhaps a couple times before then it will probably get a mention.

The truth is not in short supply if your favorite topic is not brought up all the time.

jmo
    Okay our powerhouse softball team that has yet to win a championship. Is softball a real sport? I play it with the KC's.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    OK Sherlock, why don't YOU tell us something we don't already KNOW then!??
    Okay. We need a new coach and direction.

_ Okay our powerhouse softball team that has yet to win a championship. Is softball a real sport? I play it with the KC's. _
    Just like you to talk down on the softball team you ____ing coward!!! Why don't you go ask one of them girls if it is a real sports.you won't do it because you dont have the balls to do! Let me ask you.are you a real MAN? I doubt it you ____ing waste of space. I could go on but this isn't the place but I know you wouldn't be man enough to meet any of us on this board and say the things you say. Man UP you _____!

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns67 View Post
    NOT A BALDWIN FAN

does Charles Tillman, Ike Taylor, Fred Stamps ring a bell
    They do ring a bell since I was an athlete at the same time as they were. We did have a few stars who were better but as a team we are much improved talent wise than we were with Baldwin.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information