Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Bowl or Bust?

Default Re: Bowl or Bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Up View Post
    All I know T is if we are recruiting the same type of athletes as Baldwin recruited, "Why are we winning with good support and great records and Baldwin could not?"

Also, if the higher standards that the coaching staff at UL are held sacred, "Why was Bustle visiting Alonzo Landry's mother at work the week before signing day begging for an 'in house' visit?" (to go to a JC and get qualified maybe return to UL) hmmn?

"Why did Fouquier beg Kentrelle Butler (who was offered by every state college including UL) to consider UL after Butler took an official visit?" Eligible or not, UL wanted these guys.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Perhaps there is a new day in UL football. It's long overdue. And, with 22 scholarships to offer more than McNeese you guys should NEVER lose to 1AA schools . . . . and certainly not by 21 points. That is just plain obscene.[/FONT]
    You are correct, sir! Of course Michigan should NEVER lose to Appalachian State either (look out LSU!) . I guess that's why they play the games on the field, not on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Up View Post
    _ All I know T is if we are recruiting the same type of athletes as Baldwin recruited, "Why are we winning with good support and great records and Baldwin could not?"

Also, if the higher standards that the coaching staff at UL are held sacred, "Why was Bustle visiting Alonzo Landry's mother at work the week before signing day begging for an 'in house' visit?" (to go to a JC and get qualified maybe return to UL) hmmn?

"Why did Fouquier beg Kentrelle Butler (who was offered by every state college including UL) to consider UL after Butler took an official visit?" Eligible or not, UL wanted these guys.

Perhaps there is a new day in UL football. It's long overdue. And, with 22 scholarships to offer more than McNeese you guys should NEVER lose to 1AA schools . . . . and certainly not by 21 points. That is just plain obscene.
    _
    To answer your first question, Baldwin couldn't coach. To answer your second question, I never stated that Bustle didn't talk to Landry, the difference being he offered to sign him after junior college, as did more then a few programs. A 14 ACT shouldn't get you in any state school, and public comment from the signee proclaiming McNeese State offered the best opportuntity to become eligible is not a glowing promotion of your academics. And for the record, LSU offered him to place in junior college as well. As for Kentrelle Butler, he was a heck of a lot closer then Landry and his brother played at UL, why wouldn't he be offered?

Pure numbers wise, the offers are not even close. Again, you have six props at this time from the 2008 class and had as many as 10 in the Garen Jim class. How is that any different then what Baldwin did? You staff has proven it can coach and has signed some other solid athletes as well, but I have never used it as an excuse for losing to McNeese State my friend. The bottomline is that you are getting athletes that would have never considered your program because of academics. The thought process is the same as Baldwin, the difference is the staff.

I've also been critical of several Sun Belt programs that are doing the same, including one located in Louisiana. You don't sign 10 Junior College athletes unless you are rebuilding a program or missed on a few props. Finally, this exact same conversation came up on the Rivals board Pelican Prep after the signing period and more then a few posters were critical of McNeese State. That is why Zem was on that board pleading his case. So, I'm not the first one to make this point and I won't be the last. If it works out well for you guys, then great. But let's not have a conversation about academic standards at our Universities.

3. Default Re: in closing

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ in closing i wish to leave encouragement it's all in front of the cajun program. time to look ahead, pick itself up, dust it's pants off, forgetting the past and God willing follow a new buck that is for us (athletics) 150% and not against us, whatever that reason (good or bad) may have been[/SIZE][/B]

good night and happy father day to you daddy's out there. _
    Nicely stated.Encouragement and SUPPORTGeaux Cajuns!!

Default my heart soars like a hawk

whoaa am i the only one waking up this morning with a gigantic smile on my face i think not

i, along with many, who have seriously waited and hoped for a day like this morning

give big time.congrats

to my buddy mr rickey bustle to the team he has to his coaches and to you fans of the cajuns i am so happy for all of you bil(ly) ryckman

ps. although, as i tell my young punk when he thinks he has done something good "do it again" it's alot of fun (smiling big and my coffee hardly ever after a cajun game has tasted so good )

Even though I am in Africa trying to make a living and missed the game, I am seriously proud of this team.

This seems to be the year we have been waiting for, I hope.

I will be home the day before homecoming and I will be there jet lag and all. I can't wait.

Congratulations to the team and coaching staff. This is a great day to be a Cajuns fan. Now just keep it up!

Default Re: my heart soars like a hawk

give big time.congrats

to my buddy mr rickey bustle to the team he has to his coaches .

AMEN!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ whoaa am i the only one waking up this morning with a gigantic smile on my face i think not

i, along with many, who have seriously waited and hoped for a day like this morning

give big time.congrats

to my buddy mr rickey bustle to the team he has to his coaches and to you fans of the cajuns i am so happy for all of you bil(ly) ryckman

ps. although, as i tell my young punk when he thinks he has done something good "do it again" it's alot of fun (smiling big and my coffee hardly ever after a cajun game has tasted so good ) _
    Geeze Snote3:55am? The fans left it all on the field last night, we deserve some rest!
    Coach Bustle and his staff deserve some serious praise this week for getting our guys ready to play. It was a fantastic game. Are our guys learning how to overcome adversity??? wow
    Speaking of well deserved accolades, I have watched young William a few times this year. Unfortunately the Lions are not playing very well, but your "young punk" ain't scared. Congrats to him for having a great season, so far.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    _ Even though I am in Africa trying to make a living and missed the game, I am seriously proud of this team.

This seems to be the year we have been waiting for, I hope.

I will be home the day before homecoming and I will be there jet lag and all. I can't wait.

Congratulations to the team and coaching staff. This is a great day to be a Cajuns fan. Now just keep it up! _
    We'll have a big glass of Kool Aid waiting for you, Fish ! Man, you missed a good one. Damn, that gainful employment.

_ whoaa am i the only one waking up this morning with a gigantic smile on my face i think not

give big time.congrats

ps. although, as i tell my young punk when he thinks he has done something good "do it again" it's alot of fun (smiling big and my coffee hardly ever after a cajun game has tasted so good ) _
    "Thank you, sir, may I have another?" (smiles) I concur with your assessment. Best wishes with the "young punk"!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ We'll have a big glass of Kool Aid waiting for you, Fish ! Man, you missed a good one. Damn, that gainful employment. _
    Damn sure tasted good last night!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information