Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread: BB Final: UL (4) vs. LSU (1)

Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

We will never get credit from their fans for anythingI still hear on occasion the question, "Why do you guys want to be big time in football"? My answer for over 20 years has been, "why are you so worried about it"?

Instead of complaining about the rain, they should be thankful. It was going to get worse for them.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Instead of complaining about the rain, they should be thankful. It was going to get worse for them.
    Mother Nature saved them from being embarrassed. Regardless of the weather though, we were clearly the better team tonight in all aspects of the game.

If this was a heavyweight fight they would have stopped it in the sixth round. Oh wait, they did!

Default Re: BB Final: UL (4) vs. LSU (1)

I don't know what I enjoy more---the results of the game or the severe butthurt over on TigerDroppings.

Ross Dellenger (@DellengerAdv) tweeted at 10:56 PM on Tue, Feb 25, 2014:
    Check out the outfield. #LSU http://t.co/NyMqrxWs4e

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Ross Dellenger (@DellengerAdv) tweeted at 10:56 PM on Tue, Feb 25, 2014:
    Check out the outfield. #LSU http://t.co/NyMqrxWs4e
    We'd still be waiting play, that's for sure.

Check out the stories at Nola.com. Apparently, they could not find the winning teams dugout. Not one quote from a UL player or coach.

Gotta love how they make it out to be as if LSU played themselves.and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    Gotta love how they make it out to be as if LSU played themselves.and lost.
    It's never Cajuns win, it's always Tigers Lose.

11. UL Baseball Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Just not sold quiet yet on bringing Milhorn back Sunday to start. If he does maybe reduce his pitch count.but it's a long season and these games aren't as important to me as a conference game
    Beating LSU, and Bama are more important than conference wins regardless of what you think, the RPI, the wins vs top 25 teams, the road win against a top ten team, all count more for post season, and that is what we play for, regionals, super regionals, CWS. You got a chance to damage the SEC teams you take it NOW. If your boy needs rest give it to him on a weaker SBC team, there has to be one, or more.

12. UL Baseball Re: BB Final: UL (4) vs. LSU (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_Spice View Post
    It's never Cajuns win, it's always Tigers Lose.
    Really do not care what the non printed TP will or won't say about the game.

UL will never be a loved team in this state, because we do not know our place, and thus our only solace is to well, win, and the NCAA will reward us. We have to win when we play the big shots of baseball, and that happened tonight regardless of what the TP says or does not say. Come selection Sunday this is an important win provided we take care of business every game.

The scariest part about tonight was the drive back home. Shizz was nuts like driving through a hurricane. But the game? Oh that was smooth sailing! We played flawless defense and were aggressive on the base paths and at the plate. We truly were the better team tonight. I have no doubt in my mind that had we played a full 9 innings, we would have scored 3+ more runs. We were just getting rolling.

Also, I heard numerous comments from Tiger fans around me about how impressed they were with our team. I didn't hear the typical bashing and lame remarks that we usually hear at the Box for these match ups… they were quiet for the most part, and giving us props for nice plays and good hits. It was interesting to hear them so subdued and appreciative of the good talent on the field.

The best part was when it started raining, not a single Cajun fan moved, but those Tiger fans, boy, they were popping up out of their seats and saying "That's it! Let's get out of here, I ain't staying to watch this!" Once it started really coming down and the game was officially put on delay was when Cajun fans actually got up from our seats.

Anyway, great effort and performance tonight by our guys, I can't wait to see some more quality baseball at the Tigue this weekend. Bring on Bama!

I wouldn't say flawless defense. Our CF did drop a pop fly.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I wouldn't say flawless defense. Our CF did drop a pop fly.
    for sure his hit that quickly followed the incident you mention alleviated some possible angst he may have run across later

ps any questions i may ask bab for anyone in the morning at 11am? (on the radio station i get all my sports espn1420) if so please feel free to post below or always sportsnote@hotmail.com

pss. i am proud to be a small part of this "internet" cajun community thanks jon you rage page mystery man bil

psss. hope i not the last pager been awaiting to send my small contribution to you jon my friend and constant supporter "hello" to your bride

pssss. thanks sir

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread Information