Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: BB Final: UL (4) vs. LSU (1)

Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Anybody else watching CST still? What the heck was UT going for with those uni's? Very old school look.

2. Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Hey Boom, did you find out what MN means.? (MONSOON NIGHT)
    ---Thought it was NM --Roberto Durand---NO MAS___What in the hell does it mean???

If I recall at NW, we didn't complete 4.5 They could have cancelled, but Robe impressed on their coach that we were fighting to hit 40 wins for post season, and he agreed to complete the game . I could be wrong.

4. Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    If I recall at NW, we didn't complete 4.5 They could have cancelled, but Robe impressed on their coach that we were fighting to hit 40 wins for post season, and he agreed to complete the game . I could be wrong.
    ---Still raining I guess and the LSU announcers seem to think it ccan be played with puddling in the OF!!!

NM

I want to finish tonight if all possible if not go back tomorrow and finish I do not want to give those idiots any excuses.

7. UL Baseball Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We would probably have to have a wash out game somewhere along the way to have a spot for another game. Idk if we at the limit or not. Lsu would have to have a spot as well. I think we should open the season with a 3 game series
    I do not think that would be a problem. Both teams are scheduled at the max of 56 games. It is highly unlikely that all of them get played. Meanwhile, the Cajuns have three midweeks where no games are scheduled . including three at the end of the year. If required, you can always give up a midweek home game vs. Nicholls State, McNeese State, or Northwestern State. I do not mind giving up a home game given the RPI changes to reward road games very heavily. But as I said, I do not think it will be necessary as a washout somewhere is quite likely.

LSU also has an open midweek between 5/4 and 5/9.
    Edit: The above is finals week . so that would be out for the Cajuns. Also finals week for LSU.

LSU has single midweek games in one week that the Cajuns have none (5/11 -> 5/15).

Cajuns have negotiating leverage here for another game if LSU wants to finish. If I am coach, I am not traveling for under 4 innings of baseball.

Brian

if you guys want some lolz to kill some time, just head over to the Tiger Rant on TigerDroppings. this is quite comical

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---what does NM mean??? So after every flash from a certain distance the game is postponed for another half hour?? Is that correct???
    Sorry to discombobulate you Boomer. I meant to remove the quote and type NM (no message) because others had already answered the question better than I.

Call Bab right now, Brian

Most of the weather is north of the field. Might get back to playing ball after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Thought it was NM --Roberto Durand---NO MAS___What in the hell does it mean???
    Roberto was saying "No More"

13. Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

They say after another hour if no lightening within a 6 miles radius the game can start back up---It is totally up to the umpires--they alone decide now!!!

14. Default The latest

Anybody have an update on the rain and the lightening???

15. Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Most of the weather is north of the field. Might get back to playing ball after all.
    I wonder how safe the field is for play. Seems like an opportunity for a pulled hamstring.

I know the drainage is much improved over the Alex Box of old . but does anyone remember the horrible field conditions in the first few days of the 1991 Baton Rouge regional? I remember Texas A&M hitting a single to RF and when the ball hit the ground, it literally stuck into a mound of mud. Papo Ramos plucked the ball from the mud (mud all over the ball) and mud went everywhere when he threw to second base. They should have moved that first day . at minimum. There were places to play . but LSU was not moving the games.

Brian

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information