Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: BB Final: UL (4) vs. LSU (1)

Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Jacques Doucet (@JacquesDoucet) tweeted at 8:36 PM on Tue, Feb 25, 2014:
    If for some reason play can't be resumed, scorekeeper here at @AlexBoxStadium says game is official. @LSUbaseball @wafb

2. Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

If the game is postponed and the teams want to continue play at a future date, I ask for a second game (if I am Robe) to follow the completion of this game. Make the second bus trip to BR worthwhile . and help your RPI in the process.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    5 innings is official. Most likely if they don't finish, they'll suspend it and play the rest later. Like we did at NW State last year
    Yea, and finish it at the Tigue.only right.

UL Baseball Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Jacques Doucet (@JacquesDoucet) tweeted at 8:36 PM on Tue, Feb 25, 2014:
    If for some reason play can't be resumed, scorekeeper here at @AlexBoxStadium says game is official. @LSUbaseball @wafb
    Yep, Jay Bird had said the same thing as the 5th inning came to a close! If the weather dissallows the game to continue, UL will win 4-1.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If the game is postponed and the teams want to continue play at a future date, I ask for a second game (if I am Robe) to follow the completion of this game. Make the second bus trip to BR worthwhile . and help your RPI in the process.

Brian
    I like the idea of a second game but I would like to see it sooner rather than later.

And radar west between Lafayette and BR looking like this thing will get called

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    But didn't we finish the first game when the 2nd game was played?
    We played the road game in 2 parts a week apart at NW State

Bad thing is the BAD weather is NOT even in BR yet! This one may be done. If it does start back, it would be very late and field conditions would be much worse than they already were! Field conditions can be a game changer!

Brian
    You can't do that because both teams are at max allowed games. This can only happen if both teams have cancellations

Brian
    We would probably have to have a wash out game somewhere along the way to have a spot for another game. Idk if we at the limit or not. Lsu would have to have a spot as well. I think we should open the season with a 3 game series

11. Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Some upsets tonight .

Western Kentucky takes out #4 Vanderbilt 3-2
    VMI upends #1 Virginia 3-2
    Sam Houston State defeats Rice 3-1
    ULM drops a close one to #24 Ole Miss 5-4.

#27 Texas needed 11 innings to defeat UT-Pan American 2-1. Texas scored in the B9th to send the game to extra frames and the Longhorns were outhit by the Broncos 10-4.

In progress .
    UT-Arlington leads TCU 7-1 T7th in Forth Worth
    McNeese State leading undefeated Houston 1-0 B6th in Houston.

Brian

Brian
    That would be cool but dont see it happening. Never know, but I think Robe takes the "W", never know how restarts will transpire. I say take the "W" and then IF LSU can swing a rematch into their and UL's schedule then, Just Do It!

I'm sure some of our favorite tiger fans on this board and beyond are already lining up the "it wasn't even a whole game therefor it does not count" excuse.

14. Default Re: UL vs. LSU | First Pitch 6:30

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Bad thing is the BAD weather is NOT even in BR yet! This one may be done. If it does start back, it would be very late and field conditions would be much worse than they already were! Field conditions can be a game changer!
    ---Field conditions are already a part as our pitcher fell down on an easy play!!!

Hey Boom, did you find out what MN means.? (MONSOON NIGHT)

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information