Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: University Size

1. UL Softball University Size

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

UL is not the second largest university in the tri-state area, University of Ark at Fayetteville has more students than UL.

Default Re: Softball's SUPER FANS

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCoteauTiger View Post
    _ UL is not the second largest university in the tri-state area, University of Ark at Fayetteville has more students than UL. _
    Graduate students do not count due to the fact that Louisiana has a Flagship system. Only the flagship school os allowed to persue any graduate programs they wish to persue while all other schools in the state are stuck with what they had always had. If you take away the graduate students at U of A then UL has over 1100 more students than the Razorbacks. That is not counting our own graduate students. When student population is calculated the graduate programs are generally seperate from undergraduate students.

Default Re: University Size

Not sure of the accuracy, but look at this site for numbers on student population. Look under the student snapshot. UL and Ark. are almost identical in population. Also, this is a good site to look at other University's around. We have plenty of student population compared to many Universities, such as Miss st., Alabama, Auburn, Southern Miss, etc. This site also shows other interesting stats, like tuition, on campus student percentage, etc. Where we lack is Funding and financial support. We know we can't depend on the State for full funding support, with all the politics involved. We sorely need more private funding.

http://www.petersons.com/ugchannel/c.9128&sponsor=1

_ UL is not the second largest university in the tri-state area, University of Ark at Fayetteville has more students than UL. _
    It absolutely amazes me that you have NOTHING better to do with your many Masters Degrees then search this site just looking for something, ANYTHING to say against UL with ridiculous statistics that usually are wrong. Honestly do you think we care in any way shape or form what you think? Do you do your searching in between soap operas or what? Heres one for your superior mind.WE ALL LOVE UL ON THIS FORUMWE ARE PROUD OF UL ON THIS FORUM. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT the UNIVERSITY OF ARK and the amount of students they have or don't have. Please go back to your kitty droppings site, your opinion is most wanted there or were you kicked off because you are so annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ It absolutely amazes me that you have NOTHING better to do with your many Masters Degrees then search this site just looking for something, ANYTHING to say against UL with ridiculous statistics that usually are wrong. Honestly do you think we care in any way shape or form what you think? Do you do your searching in between soap operas or what? Heres one for your superior mind.WE ALL LOVE UL ON THIS FORUMWE ARE PROUD OF UL ON THIS FORUM. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT the UNIVERSITY OF ARK and the amount of students they have or don't have. Please go back to your kitty droppings site, your opinion is most wanted there or were you kicked off because you are so annoying? _
    OOOOOHHHHHRAAHHHH !!! Get some, Mrs. P !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ OOOOOHHHHHRAAHHHH !!! Get some, Mrs. P !!!!! _
    Seven months of rain and cold weather.need I say more? Soon my head will spin. AND THATS A FACT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ It absolutely amazes me that you have NOTHING better to do with your many Masters Degrees then search this site just looking for something, ANYTHING to say against UL with ridiculous statistics that usually are wrong. Honestly do you think we care in any way shape or form what you think? Do you do your searching in between soap operas or what? Heres one for your superior mind.WE ALL LOVE UL ON THIS FORUMWE ARE PROUD OF UL ON THIS FORUM. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT the UNIVERSITY OF ARK and the amount of students they have or don't have. Please go back to your kitty droppings site, your opinion is most wanted there or were you kicked off because you are so annoying? _
    Speaking of university sizes, I see UM has an enrollment of over 41,0000.

8. Default Re: Softball's SUPER FANS

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Graduate students do not count due to the fact that Louisiana has a Flagship system. Only the flagship school os allowed to persue any graduate programs they wish to persue while all other schools in the state are stuck with what they had always had. If you take away the graduate students at U of A then UL has over 1100 more students than the Razorbacks. That is not counting our own graduate students. When student population is calculated the graduate programs are generally seperate from undergraduate students. _
    The total number of students at the University of Arkansas is over 18k, more than UL.

Here is the link: http://www.answers.com/topic/university-of-arkansas

Slow day in Gran Couteau?

The total number of students at the University of Arkansas is over 18k, more than UL.

Here is the link: http://www.answers.com/topic/university-of-arkansas
    What is Corndog U's enrollment?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Graduate students do not count due to the fact that Louisiana has a Flagship system. Only the flagship school os allowed to persue any graduate programs they wish to persue while all other schools in the state are stuck with what they had always had. If you take away the graduate students at U of A then UL has over 1100 more students than the Razorbacks. That is not counting our own graduate students. When student population is calculated the graduate programs are generally seperate from undergraduate students.
    Actually, Mississippi State has passed us up as well, I believe. Ole Miss is actually smaller than USM.

We used to be about the same size as 'Bama, but they recently made a push to increase enrollment.

Anyway, it becomes clear that the only thing holding us back from rapid growth is housing. we turned away several hundred kids last Fall from lack of residental facilities. The name-change is helping, the community is helping (this is easily the best college community in the state, and one of the best in the South), the successes we're having in academics and athletics, and other factors are going to push us up further. despite rising admissions standards.

And if you saw the recent article, Lafayette Parish is now at 214K (it was about 60K when I was in school, and with open admissions, UL was about 17K even at that time).

With the new apartments, the housing shortage will change. Look for us to grow a few hundred this Fall.

With growing enrollments, I would guess that the new Admin will push for more on-campus housing. Then once kids realize that there is a strong alternative to State, and one that is superior in many aspects, I predict we will approach 20K in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Actually, Mississippi State has passed us up as well, I believe. Ole Miss is actually smaller than USM.

We used to be about the same size as 'Bama, but they recently made a push to increase enrollment.

Anyway, it becomes clear that the only thing holding us back from rapid growth is housing. we turned away several hundred kids last Fall from lack of residental facilities. The name-change is helping, the community is helping (this is easily the best college community in the state, and one of the best in the South), the successes we're having in academics and athletics, and other factors are going to push us up further. despite rising admissions standards.

And if you saw the recent article, Lafayette Parish is now at 214K (it was about 60K when I was in school, and with open admissions, UL was about 17K even at that time).

With the new apartments, the housing shortage will change. Look for us to grow a few hundred this Fall.

With growing enrollments, I would guess that the new Admin will push for more on-campus housing. Then once kids realize that there is a strong alternative to State, and one that is superior in many aspects, I predict we will approach 20K in a few years. _
    To be honest with you Fun, IMO Doc Savoie needs to do three things in my mind in order for me to consider him successful.

First he must raise UL to a Tier 3 or higher or Doctoral 1 university. I would like to see us become the premier public university in the tri-state region.

Second is to grow UL's student population to over 20 thousand undergrad students. In order for us to get there we need more student housing and full time faculty. We could possibly use the Horse Farm as off campus apartments much like ECA/WCA at LSU.

Lastley but probably the most importent for the casual fan of UL is athletics. We need to triple our current athletic budget and win in football. If we were to have 3 consecutive winning seasons, and I do not mean 7-5 althought that would be a good start, it would take care of number two.

I believe the answer is new housing developments on the current locations of denbo and bancroft halls. However, it will take some work, because those dorms housed a lot of students. Also, why go all the way to the horsefarm, when there is ample land around blackham coliseum that is already on the campus transit route.

_ The total number of students at the University of Arkansas is over 18k, more than UL.

Here is the link: http://www.answers.com/topic/university-of-arkansas _
    Wow I am soooooooooooooo impressed.couldn't have lived without that info. You are a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ I believe the answer is new housing developments on the current locations of denbo and bancroft halls. However, it will take some work, because those dorms housed a lot of students. Also, why go all the way to the horsefarm, when there is ample land around blackham coliseum that is already on the campus transit route. _
    I forgot about all of the land behind Blackham, but I would prefer that property go to the Greeks and actually establish a true Greek tradition here at UL. I do not want to be like Ole Miss but our Greeks are a very small percentage of the student population. We need to find a way to get more students involved with campus life instead of having them more involved with LSU sports.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information