Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: University Size

Default Re: Softball's SUPER FANS

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    First he must raise UL to a Tier 3 or higher or Doctoral 1 university.
    At the 2000 Centennial Ray stated that we would make Doc I by 2010. We're on track, may miss it by a year. I think Tier 3 is not far behind that.

I would like to see us become the premier public university in the tri-state region.
    Damning with faint praise.

8-D

Second is to grow UL's student population to over 20 thousand undergrad students. In order for us to get there we need more student housing and full time faculty. We could possibly use the Horse Farm as off campus apartments much like ECA/WCA at LSU.
    That will take care of itself.

Lastley but probably the most importent for the casual fan of UL is athletics. We need to triple our current athletic budget and win in football. If we were to have 3 consecutive winning seasons, and I do not mean 7-5 althought that would be a good start, it would take care of number two.
    There are different ways to increase athletics. and not all of them are helpful to the U's core mission. I am actually meeting with someone influential to talk about that today.

We build athletics in order to build a University.

We build a University in order to build our community, and our state.

Most athletic programs do not help with those things, and are often hurtful. That's because they reverse the order: in their view, the state exists to build a university, and the university exists to build athletics.

We need to make sure that we are very clear about our priorities, or we will fall prey to that thinking.

Default Re: University Size

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I believe the answer is new housing developments on the current locations of denbo and bancroft halls. However, it will take some work, because those dorms housed a lot of students. Also, why go all the way to the horsefarm, when there is ample land around blackham coliseum that is already on the campus transit route.
    Actually, I think one of the two is presently unusable and in disrepair. I understood they used the elevators out of one to fix the ones in the other. They both need to come down with new facilities constructed there of off campus. They might need this space for additional classroom area.

JMO. I know it's probably not feasible, but I'd love to see them pick up the property bordered by St. Mary & E. Lewis, and Rex and Johnston St. I think between that area, and the area between the coulee, Johnston St and E. Lewis (where the old McDonalds was located years ago), you could probably build some on campus housing (quads) as it would be easier to size and position the buildings to fit the odd shape of the properties involved.

3. Default Re: Softball's SUPER FANS

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ Wow I am soooooooooooooo impressed.couldn't have lived without that info. You are a moron. _
    You are a pretty vicious person aren't you? I pointed out that Fun's claim was unfounded.
    UL is not the second largest university in the tri-state area.

You called me a moron. I have never called anyone on this board a name or attacked them personally.

I attend UL, have you or do you? what do you know, exactly, about its academic programs?

I know that its MBA w/health care management program is very good. I know that its nursing program is held in high regard. I know this from actual contact with the programs.

I have an advanced education, what's wrong with that?

do you have an advanced education?

I work in that health care field, what do you do?

Who are you to call me names?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ At the 2000 Centennial Ray stated that we would make Doc I by 2010. We're on track, may miss it by a year. I think Tier 3 is not far behind that.

Damning with faint praise.

8-D

That will take care of itself.
    I am curious if the University wants to get to 20,000 students. That strikes me as a rather large increase. Can our campus even hold that many? Also, how will UL get to Tier 3 with the limited number of Doctorial they have currently? In your dealings with UL admins, do they think we can get there in the next 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCoteauTiger View Post
    _ You are a pretty vicious person aren't you? I pointed out that Fun's claim was unfounded.
    UL is not the second largest university in the tri-state area.

You called me a moron. I have never called anyone on this board a name or attacked them personally.

I attend UL, have you or do you? what do you know, exactly, about its academic programs?

I know that its MBA w/health care management program is very good. I know that its nursing program is held in high regard. I know this from actual contact with the programs.

I have an advanced education, what's wrong with that?

do you have an advanced education?

I work in that health care field, what do you do?

Who are you to call me names? _
    Does this mean you will go away now? You attend UL yet under your name you ask "what is a cajun?" o please. IF you truely had an advanced education and if you truely attend UL and work in the health field you would have better things to do then troll this forum looking for ways to put UL down. I can say whatever I want, to whom ever I want and yes I have an "advanced" degree just don't feel that it needs to be announced on a daily basis (like you do) which indicates to me that high school is about as high as you got. Hit the road kitty. Look up the definition of a moron.it fits you perfectly.

6. Default Re: Softball's SUPER FANS

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    _ Does this mean you will go away now? You attend UL yet under your name you ask "what is a cajun?" o please. IF you truely had an advanced education and if you truely attend UL and work in the health field you would have better things to do then troll this forum looking for ways to put UL down. I can say whatever I want, to whom ever I want and yes I have an "advanced" degree just don't feel that it needs to be announced on a daily basis (like you do) which indicates to me that high school is about as high as you got. Hit the road kitty. Look up the definition of a moron.it fits you perfectly. _
    you should be ashamed of yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information