Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Interesting helmet

Default Interesting helmet

There is a picture of an interesting helmet on RaginCajuns.com:

hmmmmmmm.

Put the "lafayette" on the back of the helmet and we're done.

Default Re: Interesting helmet

dont like it

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    dont like it
    I know the UL helmet has its detractors, like you, but the UL helmet won't look exactly like this one.

I just found it interesting to see a UL helmet on the official website.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ I know the UL helmet has its detractors, like you, but the UL helmet won't look exactly like this one.

I just found it interesting to see a UL helmet on the official website. _
    How about a link of boudin on each side of our helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ How about a link of boudin on each side of our helmets. _
    I love it! It would be the best thing to ever happen to UL athletics.

UL Football Re: Interesting helmet

Boudin in the shape of an L and a bowl of Cush cush in a semi U shape!

_ There is a picture of an interesting helmet on RaginCajuns.com:

hmmmmmmm.

Put the "lafayette" on the back of the helmet and we're done. _
    Our current helmets are here to stay! They will not change and should not change. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Our current helmets are here to stay! They will not change and should not change. Enough said. _

My only problem with our current helmet is Ragin Cajuns is not tied into the University of Louisiana. Our softball team had Ragin Cajuns on everything except the batting helmet which had Louisiana. But, we were still referred to as Louisiana Lafayette. On ESPN a couple of months ago was a game between Southern and USC. The announcers talked about several of the Southern players being Ragin Cajuns with no idea that name is associated with our university. When LSU games are televised, which is pretty often, I hear announcers referring to Ragin Cajun players at LSU. Here in Houston, I was wearing a Ragin Cajun shirt and someone asked me if I was associated with the Ragin Cajun restaurant in Houston, not the university. We have the #1 moniker in the country, but it has no tie in to the University of Louisiana. I would rather see "UL" on the helmet and Ragin Cajuns on the jersey. We must better connect the two and, IMO, that is a great way to do that. Just my preference.

UL Football Re: Interesting helmet

_ Our current helmets are here to stay! They will not change and should not change. Enough said. _
    OUR CURRENT HELMETS ARE TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    _ My only problem with our current helmet is Ragin Cajuns is not tied into the University of Louisiana. Our softball team had Ragin Cajuns on everything except the batting helmet which had Louisiana. But, we were still referred to as Louisiana Lafayette. On ESPN a couple of months ago was a game between Southern and USC. The announcers talked about several of the Southern players being Ragin Cajuns with no idea that name is associated with our university. When LSU games are televised, which is pretty often, I hear announcers referring to Ragin Cajun players at LSU. Here in Houston, I was wearing a Ragin Cajun shirt and someone asked me if I was associated with the Ragin Cajun restaurant in Houston, not the university. We have the #1 moniker in the country, but it has no tie in to the University of Louisiana. I would rather see "UL" on the helmet and Ragin Cajuns on the jersey. We must better connect the two and, IMO, that is a great way to do that. Just my preference. _
    That is not the fault of helmets or anything at all tied to sports. That is soley the fault of the administration for no effort at all when it comes to marketing and branding UL. They do not care what we are called and yes people are not informed when they refer to other schools and link them to ragin cajuns, but that is our own SID's fault along with the entire athletic department for not policing these blunders. We are the welfare program of athletics and hopefully thing will change, but I will be surprised if they do. So many changes need to happen that it will be a long slow road to go down.

That is not the fault of helmets or anything at all tied to sports. That is soley the fault of the administration for no effort at all when it comes to marketing and branding UL. They do not care what we are called and yes people are not informed when they refer to other schools and link them to ragin cajuns, but that is our own SID's fault along with the entire athletic department for not policing these blunders. We are the welfare program of athletics and hopefully thing will change, but I will be surprised if they do. So many changes need to happen that it will be a long slow road to go down.
    You correctly criticise the administration for lack of marketing of UL, yet you say a helmet which doesn't proclaim UL or Louisiana is O.K.?

These 2 statements do not jive.

_ You correctly criticise the administration for lack of marketing of UL, yet you say a helmet which doesn't proclaim UL or Louisiana is O.K.?

These 2 statements do not jive. _
    Ragin Cajuns is the only good thing we have when it comes to an athletic brand. That is why we use it on everything. Everything else we have is worthless, we cant even dictate what we want to be called i.e. UL-Laf, ULL, UL-L, UL-Lfy, or UL, we have OK'd all of these lables. Ragin Cajuns is our only ace in the deck so we stick with it.

reasonable minds can differ on this one; it's not a good helmet. any change short of having a big pepper on it would be a step in the right direction.

14. Default Re: Interesting helmet

HOORAY!!! I hope you are correct!!!

Ragin Cajuns is the only good thing we have when it comes to an athletic brand. That is why we use it on everything. Everything else we have is worthless, we cant even dictate what we want to be called i.e. UL-Laf, ULL, UL-L, UL-Lfy, or UL, we have OK'd all of these lables. Ragin Cajuns is our only ace in the deck so we stick with it.

Are these uniforms worthless because they don't put Ragin Cajuns front and center?

This topic has been discussed on Scout:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=345#s.&t=2186216&p=3

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information