Thread: Blog: “It’s Bourgeois Time!”

1. UL Softball Blog: “It’s Bourgeois Time!”

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla.-Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns softball team arrived at the practice field before their 8:00 p.m. Women’s College World Series match up with Alabama in high spirits.

Co-head coach Michael Lotief ascended the hill to meet his team at the practice field. He stops to greet his freshman pitcher Donna Bourgeois (Lafayette, La.) and simply says, “It’s Bourgeois Time!”

The freshman pitcher, who has yet to toe the rubber in the WCWS, simply looks at her coach with a quiet determination and nods.

Game day with Donna Bourgeois:

Bourgeois woke up at 7:15 a.m. and ate breakfast with her family. Her breakfast of choice: oatmeal with strawberries. Following breakfast, the freshman hurler retired to her hotel room to watch the first two games of the College World Series.

“I watched the swings the batters made and took a good look at how the pitchers were throwing,” Bourgeois remarked. “Mentally, you have to prepare and since we didn’t know who we were going to play, I wanted to watch the game and see both teams.”

While waiting for the word from Coach Mike, Bourgeois admitted having goose bumps because of the excitement.

“I don’t see this as any other game,” commented Bourgeois. “You have to believe in yourself and your teammates; trust in your pitches; and go out there and play your best. We have to go out there and play our game – pitch by pitch.”

Game day with assistant coach Joy Webre:

“I came to the ballpark early to day to scout hitters,” Webre commented about the start of her day. “Watching a team prior to playing them helps us decide which pitcher is the best to throw.

“Once we begin warming up, the pitchers go through their typical routine,” continued Webre. “When a pitcher is ready, I step in as a hitter and can tell what is working and what is not working and go over with the pitchers the specific batters styles.

“All the work that goes into our preparation for calling the game and helps our players take the field strong and confident.”

World Series Reflections with Ashley Brignac (River Ridge, La.)

To be here [in Oklahoma City at the Women’s College World Series] is amazing. Since day 1, we have fought pitch by pitch. We have had unbelievable crowds and our fans have focused all of their energy towards us. The whole team has been well prepared for the two games and have tried to think of the games “just like any other game.” We have been focused and tried to do nothing different from our typical routine. We all go out there on the field and try to do what’s best for the team and we definitely try to have fun while doing it.

RaginCajuns.com

2. Default Re: Blog: “It’s Bourgeois Time!”

Bourgeois was great.

University of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns the #1 Sports Choice in Acadiana.

Default Re: Blog: “It’s Bourgeois Time!”

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bourgeois was great.
    I'll say! NO earned runs! Unfortunately a few mental mistakes by the Cajuns cost them big in both this game and in the A&M game. I think physically we were right there in all 3 games. We just made a few mistakes and didn't get the timely hits in the last 2 games. But I couldn't be prouder of the team. Way to geaux, ladies! You really pumped up that Ragin' Cajun Pride! Thanks to all of you, especially to the seniors. You will be missed. But I am confident we'll get others to step it up next year.

Thread Information