Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: G2 WCWS UL-1 TxA&M-2

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL vs. aTm.

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ Good game, but a costly error.
    What time do we play on Saturday _
    CHEK THIS OUT: THE CAJUNS PLAY THE WINNER OF THE ARIZONA/ALABAMA GAME TOMORROW NIGHT AT 7PM!!!

http://ncaa.com/uploadedFiles/Sports.CWSBracket.pdf

2. Default Re: UL vs. aTm.

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82 View Post
    _ I have to disagree. With the runner's speed at second and considering the fact that she's running on contact, I believe she scores regardless. _
    I thought it was a pop up out and she would have had to hold at 2nd.

I was under the impression she held at third till the ball was caught.

Default Re: UL vs. aTm.

_ I have to disagree. With the runner's speed at second and considering the fact that she's running on contact, I believe she scores regardless. _

I agree she probably scores easy plus CF has to make a perfrect throw to nail her. Error was not that big a deal.

Default Re: G2 WCWS UL-1 TxA&M-2

A&M wins two games as the result of errors. Maybe they are the team of destiny.

It is going to be tough to come back from this, but they've done it before. What a difference a day makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I thought it was a pop up out and she would have had to hold at 2nd.

I was under the impression she held at third till the ball was caught. _

Are you watching the game? Its 2 outs when ball was hit.

Did yall catch the ESPN comment: Louisiana-Lafayette is not a Basketball school or a Football school, its a softball school.

WOW.

_ So what matters is where it settles. If so it settled fair. _

It matters where the ball was touched. The ball was touched in fair territory therefore making it a fair ball

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Did yall catch the ESPN comment: Louisiana-Lafayette is not a Basketball school or a Football school, its a softball school.

WOW. _

And hes right. But its also a baseball/softball school

The error doesn't give you an opportunity to at least have a shot to make that play. Either way, the Cajuns did not swing the bats well enough tonight to protect Brignac. She kept them in the game, and we just came up short.

10. Default Re: UL vs. aTm.

My mistake was post game, I didn't make the comment during or right ater the play I got my plays crossed as I already noted I wrongfully thought it was a pop up out and she would have had to hold at 2nd.

I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Damn, stupid error on a routine throw back to the pitcher costs us. Aggies get a run with two outs to take the lead.
    I don't think the error hurt us as much as people are assuming. The runner had safely stole second. On the ensuing base hit, she would have been running on the swing with two out and would likely have scored from second. Of course we may have had a shot at her with a throw from center. It would have been a long shot however.

I thought it was a pop up out and she would have had to hold at 2nd.

Winning run was scored on a base hit, not a sacrifice. That run was likely earned as scorers assume the runner will score from second on a base hit which leaves the infield.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I don't think the error hurt us as much as people are assuming. The runner had safely stole second. On the ensuing base hit, she would have been running on the swing with two out and would likely have scored from second. Of course we may have had a shot at her with a throw from center. It would have been a long shot however. _

I agree and the throw from CF would of had to been perfect. The key was the steal of 2B not the error.

14. Default Re: G2 WCWS UL-1 TxA&M-2

Soto's line foul down the l-field line--Her almost and Gabby's almost HR-11111softball gods were against us---Then that scratch chopper over Brig's head up the middle to get the winning run on base----AAAAHHHHH--Do we see a diff pitcher manyana????? Oh big question Why are our ladies seperating their hands on the bat ---Saw one guy do that in the 50s for De La Salle

15. UL Tennis Re: G2 WCWS UL-1 TxA&M-2

On the replay from the outfield, it looked as though Soto's foul crossed third in and then swung out. I was under the impression that all the ball has to do is be in fair territory before it crsses the plate, even in the air. That looked like a bad call. Besides they are only playing with three refs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information