Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starter Tonight: Brignac or Bourgeois

UL Softball Starter Tonight: Brignac or Bourgeois

What is everyone's thoughts on starting pitcher tonight? I know softball pitcher's arms can go every day unlike baseball, but the amount of pitches had to physically exhaust Brignac, not to mention the mental exhaustion from all the jams she worked out of. I believe A&M has also seen Brignac twice this year, right? I don't see starting either one as right or wrong, but Bourgeois will have to pitch at least a game or two if we go all the way.

Default Re: Brignac or Bourgeois

Its gonna be tough to go against Brignac. She actually started only 1 of the games against A&M (the win) and Cuevas started the other one. The Lotiefs have faith in all 3 but naturally you want to go with the ace in situations like this. I dont think exhaustion will be an issue. Ashley only got stronger as the game went on, not allowing a hit after the 4th.

My choice would be Brignac in this one and if we win Bourgeois. Of course, Cuevas may start and surprise us all with a no hitter or something crazy.

As long as the bats work, I dont think it will make too big a difference.

Pick your poison!

I would love to see Brignac pitch again because she seems on fire lately. But the girl threw 187 pitches yesterday, that is a stupid amount. I think whatever the coaches choose, we will be in good shape cause I think this team is pumped and ready to bring some offense!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ What is everyone's thoughts on starting pitcher tonight? I know softball pitcher's arms can go every day unlike baseball, but the amount of pitches had to physically exhaust Brignac, not to mention the mental exhaustion from all the jams she worked out of. I believe A&M has also seen Brignac twice this year, right? I don't see starting either one as right or wrong, but Bourgeois will have to pitch at least a game or two if we go all the way. _
    Brittney Cuevas!!!!!!!!!!!

GEAUX UL!

6. Default Re: Brignac or Bourgeois

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ Brittney Cuevas!!!!!!!!!!!

GEAUX UL! _
    Starter: Brittany Cuevas . . . 4 innings
    Middle Relief: Donna Bourgeois
    Closer: Ashley Brignac . . . if needed.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    _ Pick your poison! _
    Ditto.

I say we pitch either or. We will beat A&M, we will score atleast 4-5 runs so it wont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ Brittney Cuevas!!!!!!!!!!!

GEAUX UL! _
    I vote for Cuevas

Let's try not to kill our freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ I vote for Cuevas

Let's try not to kill our freshman _
    I was thinking the same thing. Ashley's arm has got to be incredibly sore today. Would not want her to injure it but I am sure the coaches know what is best.

brittany pitched the first time we played them and we lost 1-0, ashley pitched the second game and we won 3-2 in extra innings.

if it was my decision, i would go with donna. they haven't seen her yet, but we need to score some runs early to help any of our pitchers relax and do what they do best.

Default Re: Starter Tonight: Brignac or Bourgeois

I'd probably go with Donna. But that's why they're there and I'm here. I trust the Lotiefs more than any coach of any team I've been a fan of. They know what they're doing (hope I didn't say that right before we get blasted).

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Starter Tonight: Brignac or Bourgeois

Well, you still have at least 2 hours and 20 minutes before anything like THAT happens.

Default aaron brooks

remember when he wanted the ball

remember his broken wing

Posted via Mobile Device

UL Football Re: aaron brooks

I still get mad when Haslett thought an 80% Brooks was better than a 100% Delhomme.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information