Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Albertson's Support

1. Default Albertson's Support

I just went into the Albertsons on the corner of Johnston and N. College and did not see any of our flags displayed on any of the ilses. I wnated to buy a car flag and found them in the corner with all the LSU stuff. I complained to a worker that when You know who, was in the National Cahmpionship, they had their stuff everywhere. This store is miles from the campus. I believe more people who have to shop there, should step up and say something. The only way to get these people to realize where they live is through our pocketbooks. If I go back and don't see the merchandise displayed properly, I will not shop there again.

Default Re: Albertson's Support

Quote Originally Posted by racinbudds View Post
    _ I just went into the Albertsons on the corner of Johnston and N. College and did not see any of our flags displayed on any of the ilses. I wnated to buy a car flag and found them in the corner with all the LSU stuff. I complained to a worker that when You know who, was in the National Cahmpionship, they had their stuff everywhere. This store is miles from the campus. I believe more people who have to shop there, should step up and say something. The only way to get these people to realize where they live is through our pocketbooks. If I go back and don't see the merchandise displayed properly, I will not shop there again. _
    Complain to the manager on duty, not a worker, they are there to get their pay check and get out with as little fuss as possible.

3. Default Re: Albertson's Support

She claimed that she already had. She was wearing our shirt and said she would pass it on. Trust me, I will be back later today.

Just spoke to the manager at the albertson's on Johnston. She will be at work shortly and will take care of the problem. The merchandise is in the same place it has been for a year with all the Saints LSU and UL stuff. But I believe if you go later you will find a table or display for just UL. It is under control.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I bet it's because LSU stuff has better sales (higher demand). Coming off a football National Championship, you can hardly blame a store for cashing in on the school's success.

Unfortunately, our success in softball doesn't translate to the kind of sales blitz that winning in football does. But we all know that.

Come football season, you will see much more UL stuff, because they can sell more to the tailgating fans.

JMO, but I've always found Albertson's (on Johnston specifically) has always done a good job of displaying a fair amount UL stuff. We just have to remember that for now, LSU corners the market on merchandise. Only a winning culture in UL sports will change that.

Thanks Ladies, for getting us going!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ I bet it's because LSU stuff has better sales (higher demand). Coming off a football National Championship, you can hardly blame a store for cashing in on the school's success.

Unfortunately, our success in softball doesn't translate to the kind of sales blitz that winning in football does. But we all know that.

Come football season, you will see much more UL stuff, because they can sell more to the tailgating fans.

JMO, but I've always found Albertson's (on Johnston specifically) has always done a good job of displaying a fair amount UL stuff. We just have to remember that for now, LSU corners the market on merchandise. Only a winning culture in UL sports will change that.

Thanks Ladies, for getting us going!
    _
    Not only better sales but a better variety. You can only buy so much that all has the same logo or style. And of course many of us don't want the junk with the city tag expecially if it is displayed prominently if at all. Our marketing people need to do a better job when it comes to merchandise.

I just went into the Albertsons on the corner of Johnston and N. College and did not see any of our flags displayed on any of the ilses. I wnated to buy a car flag and found them in the corner with all the LSU stuff. I complained to a worker that when You know who, was in the National Cahmpionship, they had their stuff everywhere. This store is miles from the campus. I believe more people who have to shop there, should step up and say something. The only way to get these people to realize where they live is through our pocketbooks. If I go back and don't see the merchandise displayed properly, I will not shop there again.
    Got to say I normally stop at the Albertsons on the corner of Ambassador & Kaliste Saloom, and I think they always have UL car flags at the beginning of each aisle. They put up seasonal promotional stuff like tents, chairs & coolers (for which they put both UL and LSU materials), and have a room where they have clothing (which I must say the UL gear ain't very stylish), but their workers do wear red a lot.

It's not the local people. I had made suggestions and complaints for years, and the employees were sympathetic, but quietly told me that the corporate office doesn't listen to them when they pass on customer concerns.

Which is one of the reasons I do most of my shopping at Champagne's.

_ I just went into the Albertsons on the corner of Johnston and N. College and did not see any of our flags displayed on any of the ilses. I wnated to buy a car flag and found them in the corner with all the LSU stuff. I complained to a worker that when You know who, was in the National Cahmpionship, they had their stuff everywhere. This store is miles from the campus. I believe more people who have to shop there, should step up and say something. The only way to get these people to realize where they live is through our pocketbooks. If I go back and don't see the merchandise displayed properly, I will not shop there again. _
    After App. State beat Michigan I called the Pres. and spoke to him about how such a small program has so much moneyhe said that one thing he does is visit personally every business in town and ask for their support by them buying and displaying a banner. If they say no he point blank tells them he will let everyone know NOT to support their business. He believes that the people in town keep them in business and they should do the same for the local university. I absolutely agree with you. Besides all of that the Lady Cajuns deserve the recognition!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ It's not the local people. I had made suggestions and complaints for years, and the employees were sympathetic, but quietly told me that the corporate office doesn't listen to them when they pass on customer concerns.

Which is one of the reasons I do most of my shopping at Champagne's. _
    Would that be the same Champagne's that did all that purple and ____ State promotions and advertising on the radio and TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Would that be the same Champagne's that did all that purple and ____ State promotions and advertising on the radio and TV?
    May be, don't know.

But where I live I don't have many options, I'll take him over Albertson's.

He's a UL Alum. He carries some UL stuff in there, and when his Subway shop had all the LSBR stuff, he was the one who explained that that was all sent from the district office, he had no control over it.

If he's not supporting UL, I think we can bring him over.

Thought one of the Champagne brothers played football at LSU?

13. UL Softball Re: Albertson's Support

They listened and took action. I stopped at Albertson's on the way home and it is amazing. Banners, tent, merchandise, and Geaux Cajuns signs all over the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Would that be the same Champagne's that did all that purple and ____ State promotions and advertising on the radio and TV? _
    Good call. I support local stores and I like Champagne's meat selection.but you are so right. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunvol05 View Post
    They listened and took action. I stopped at Albertson's on the way home and it is amazing. Banners, tent, merchandise, and Geaux Cajuns signs all over the store.

The manager had a very nice Ragin Cajuns shirt on when I went about 4:30. I was curious and wanted to see if they did anything.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information