Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Albertson's Support

Default Re: Albertson's Support

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ If you buy the Albertson's brands, they are not more expensive than the stores you mentioned. Meats are also of higher quality. I have to support them as I now have two kids employed by them as my daughter just took a summer job at the one at the corner of Kaliste Saloom/Bertrand. _
    I love the meats at albertsons! They are much better then Target and walmart. Where exactly is the corner of kaliste Saloom/Bertrand? Been driving around town all day trying to find that intersection!

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ I love the meats at albertsons! They are much better then Target and walmart. Where exactly is the corner of kaliste Saloom/Bertrand? Been driving around town all day trying to find that intersection! _

I meant corner of Kaliste Saloom and Ambassador Caffrey. That is where my daughter works. My son works at the one which is on the corner of Johnston and Bertrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I meant corner of Kaliste Saloom and Ambassador Caffrey. That is where my daughter works. My son works at the one which is on the corner of Johnston and Bertrand. _
    Thats what I figured you meant. THe smartass in me just couldnt pass up a smartass question!

GEAUX UL!

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    Thats what I figured you meant. THe smartass in me just couldnt pass up a smartass question!

GEAUX UL!
    Smartass!

5. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Albertson's Support

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    THANK YOU, Z !!!!

That was my point in another thread.

Also, y'all let Ms. Chrystal at Follett's know she has too much "Lafayette" on her stuff. She's tired of hearing it from me.
    Here's the problem we have at Academy. The companies that make the UL stuff, may only get our logo on a UL letterhead, and they have to figure out what our school colors are, what to call us etc. We had gotten in the God-awful looking sweaters, they were YELLOW with CAJUNS on it in red. We didn't sell a one of those. We had to send them back.

Before I start, I graduated from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and I was an LSU fan growing up. For that reason, I support both UL and LSU. I know, hard to believe. I think the problem with the Lafayette community is threads like this. You get ____ed because UL stuff is not displayed and LSU was when they won the national championship. UL needs to be concerned with UL and not LSU, and I think when that happens, it will show. I an new to the page, and I have noticed threads coming up comparing the 2 regularly. I moved down here in 95 and while at UL went to every home football game while I was in school. In the first few years, they were fun to watch and it was never a foregone conclusion they would lose. They have come a long way since the Baldwin days and I think the program is on a good track. The basketball team is beginning to get their swagger back, the softball team keeps the winning tradition alive, and the baseball team was supposed to be top notch, even though they had a little trouble this year. Be happy for what you have, not what you don't. LSU is a powerhouse, they will be for a long time. I think their conference, quality of opponent, facilities, and atmosphere helps give them that edge. (If any of you have been to tiger stadium on saturday night, it is hard to argue). They also have the money to bring this in. The football team and fans need to concentrate on dominating their competition, then the rest will fall into place.
    As far as the UL-L, That is our name, as much as I would love to have the UL instead of UL Lafayette, this won't happen until we become the dominant UL and quit letting ULM beat us. How can we be the true UL when we can't seperated ourselves from ULM. These are my 2 cents.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by FTBLFN View Post
    As far as the UL-L, That is our name, as much as I would love to have the UL instead of UL Lafayette, this won't happen until we become the dominant UL and quit letting ULM beat us. How can we be the true UL when we can't seperated ourselves from ULM. These are my 2 cents. _
    I agree. I will always say UL, but I won't get mad when others call us UL Lafayette. That's our name.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    I agree. I will always say UL, but I won't get mad when others call us UL Lafayette. That's our name.

_
    For the purposes of clarification neither "UL-L" nor "UL Lafayette" is "our name".

The name of our university is the "University of Louisiana at Lafayette". Among the several popular name variations available, we, meaning the true supporters of our university, have settled upon "UL" and "Louisiana".

End of discussion.

Not sure what you mean by "True Supporters" , but as I said, I would love to always be referred to as UL or Louisiana, but until we become a dominant University of Louisiana program (Lafayette or Monroe) we will not be referred to as such nationally. Sorry I didn't "end the discussion" as you wanted.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

As far as the UL-L, That is our name, as much as I would love to have the UL instead of UL Lafayette, this won't happen until we become the dominant UL and quit letting ULM beat us. How can we be the true UL when we can't seperated ourselves from ULM. These are my 2 cents.
    _ Not sure what you mean by "True Supporters" , but as I said, I would love to always be referred to as UL or Louisiana, but until we become a dominant University of Louisiana program (Lafayette or Monroe) we will not be referred to as such nationally. Sorry I didn't "end the discussion" as you wanted. _
    I don't think that anyone has a problem with the name itself, but people do have a problem with the inconsistant efforts of the school to establish itself as The University of Louisiana.

I also think that many folks have become so passionate about it because of the history behind the name change in '84, and the fact that so many others around the state opposed it for no other reason than to be difficult and to make sure that no one school was able to advance itself, and make sure that no school would be able to "distance itself from the pack."

I also think that the name change has much less to do with athletics, and more to do with the school as a whole. Academically, I think that UL has distanced itself from, and become a better school than ULM. And if you wanted to base it primarily on athletics, I don't think that you'd have an argument from many people if you said that, as a whole, our teams have been better than theirs. The only sport in which they have beaten us on a consistent basis is football, and I still think that we have the resources in to improve much more, and more quickly than they do, if we utilized them correctly. Now, you could make the argument that being that football is the biggest sport in the NCAA, that is all that matters.but if you wanted to talk about which school is farther ahead academically and athletically, as a whole, and which school has more potential for greater improvement, I think the answer would be obvious. That being said, talk is cheap, and potential doesn't get you anything. And, it will be up to the new adminsitration to continue to try to improve and distance ourselves, not only from ULM, but from all schools in the state and in the region, if we want to be respected and rightfully known as the University of Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ I don't think that anyone has a problem with the name itself, but people do have a problem with the inconsistant efforts of the school to establish itself as The University of Louisiana.
    Completely agree.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post

I also think that many folks have become so passionate about it because of the history behind the name change in '84, and the fact that so many others around the state opposed it for no other reason than to be difficult and to make sure that no one school was able to advance itself, and make sure that no school would be able to "distance itself from the pack."

Maybe some here need to bone up on UL history? You want to see something funny? Get into a conversation about state universities with a NON UL person. When they add the dreaded city tag, come back with a UL or Louisiana referencewatch how quickly the mood changesLOL!!! Lots of not caring going on.surprisingly from some of our own??? WOW!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Maybe some here need to bone up on UL history? You want to see something funny? Get into a conversation about state universities with a NON UL person. When they add the dreaded city tag, come back with a UL or Louisiana referencewatch how quickly the mood changesLOL!!! Lots of not caring going on.surprisingly from some of our own??? WOW!!

Z _

Sad to say but Corndogs do come in vermilion packaging occasionally.

".but until we become a dominant University of Louisiana program (Lafayette or Monroe) we will not be referred to as such nationally."
    If you are comparing UL to ULM then we already are the dominant university in everything (academically and athletically) except football. The only ULS school even close to UL in an across the board comparison is Louisiana Tech University.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ If you are comparing UL to ULM then we already are the dominant university in everything (academically and athletically) except football.
    *sigh*

I completely agree. Can't we also agree that this name issue (nationally at least) is based on perception? Football garners the most attention from a perception standpoint.

I don't think anyone here is trying to argue that we shouldn't be called UL. I also don't think anybody is saying that ULM is the better university.

And for the record, I admire your UL patriotism. But to suggest that being a true fan means you must get angry at every media outlet when they call us "U L L" is misguided IMO.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information