Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Albertson's Support

Default Re: Albertson's Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Just spoke to the manager at the albertson's on Johnston. She will be at work shortly and will take care of the problem. The merchandise is in the same place it has been for a year with all the Saints LSU and UL stuff. But I believe if you go later you will find a table or display for just UL. It is under control.

My son works at that Albertson's. They generally are a strong Cajun supporter.

2. Default Re: Albertson's Support

I know all of the Albertsons managers in town. They are all Cajun fans - some alot more than others, but they also support the tiggers - mostly out of necessity. I see them all at Cajun games and they'll go to a couple of Tigger games - they get free tix from vendors.

Now for Greg Champagne - he is LSU all the way. He supports UL tennis because he often practices with them. He has told me he will not go to another UL game until we put a quality product on the field. Can't really argue with that !!! He also wants a NICE suite if/when we do get a quality product. I'm sure his brother Randy, who played for us, prolly goes with him to the tigger games, but who knows.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Albertson's Support

I have been working with the Albertson's store at Johnston and S. College for years now and I can tell you there are few more supportive businesses for UL in this town. Marcus Duhon, the manager, has been very aggressive in showcasing the Ragin' Cajuns, and is even known in his corporate office as the "Mayor of UL and Lafayette" for his advocacy of the University and the community. He supports the Cajuns not only in showcasing our name and products, but also through donations (everything from easter candy for easter egg hunts for kids at baseball and softball to flowers for baseball and softball Mother's Day celebrations). He and Albertson's have always been there to assist and promote our sports. Last weekend, there were Ragin' Cajuns placards all over the store, a UL product tent at the front, window flags at every aisle. I wish every store in this community was as supportive of the Ragin' Cajuns as Albertson's. Thank you Marcus and Chester (of the Albertson's store at Congress and Ambassador Caffery), Sammy (Ambassador Caffery and Kaliste Saloom) and Keith (Evangeline Thruway) for your support of Ragin' Cajuns athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaron View Post
    I have been working with the Albertson's store at Johnston and S. College for years now and I can tell you there are few more supportive businesses for UL in this town. Marcus Duhon, the manager, has been very aggressive in showcasing the Ragin' Cajuns, and is even known in his corporate office as the "Mayor of UL and Lafayette" for his advocacy of the University and the community. He supports the Cajuns not only in showcasing our name and products, but also through donations (everything from easter candy for easter egg hunts for kids at baseball and softball to flowers for baseball and softball Mother's Day celebrations). He and Albertson's have always been there to assist and promote our sports. Last weekend, there were Ragin' Cajuns placards all over the store, a UL product tent at the front, window flags at every aisle. I wish every store in this community was as supportive of the Ragin' Cajuns as Albertson's. Thank you Marcus and Chester (of the Albertson's store at Congress and Ambassador Caffery), Sammy (Ambassador Caffery and Kaliste Saloom) and Keith (Evangeline Thruway) for your support of Ragin' Cajuns athletics.
    I agree. Albertson's is the last store anyone should be bashing concerning support of the Cajuns. I think the only reason anyone noticed in the first place is that there was at least a perception that they weren't up to their normal levels of support. Plenty of other businesses in this town in a position to show support don't do anything at all.

_ I have been working with the Albertson's store at Johnston and S. College for years now and I can tell you there are few more supportive businesses for UL in this town. Marcus Duhon, the manager, has been very aggressive in showcasing the Ragin' Cajuns, and is even known in his corporate office as the "Mayor of UL and Lafayette" for his advocacy of the University and the community. He supports the Cajuns not only in showcasing our name and products, but also through donations (everything from easter candy for easter egg hunts for kids at baseball and softball to flowers for baseball and softball Mother's Day celebrations). He and Albertson's have always been there to assist and promote our sports. Last weekend, there were Ragin' Cajuns placards all over the store, a UL product tent at the front, window flags at every aisle. I wish every store in this community was as supportive of the Ragin' Cajuns as Albertson's. Thank you Marcus and Chester (of the Albertson's store at Congress and Ambassador Caffery), Sammy (Ambassador Caffery and Kaliste Saloom) and Keith (Evangeline Thruway) for your support of Ragin' Cajuns athletics. _

Don't forget Darlene in Broussard!

_ I have been working with the Albertson's store at Johnston and S. College for years now and I can tell you there are few more supportive businesses for UL in this town. Marcus Duhon, the manager, has been very aggressive in showcasing the Ragin' Cajuns, and is even known in his corporate office as the "Mayor of UL and Lafayette" for his advocacy of the University and the community. He supports the Cajuns not only in showcasing our name and products, but also through donations (everything from easter candy for easter egg hunts for kids at baseball and softball to flowers for baseball and softball Mother's Day celebrations). He and Albertson's have always been there to assist and promote our sports. Last weekend, there were Ragin' Cajuns placards all over the store, a UL product tent at the front, window flags at every aisle. I wish every store in this community was as supportive of the Ragin' Cajuns as Albertson's. Thank you Marcus and Chester (of the Albertson's store at Congress and Ambassador Caffery), Sammy (Ambassador Caffery and Kaliste Saloom) and Keith (Evangeline Thruway) for your support of Ragin' Cajuns athletics. _
    I agree, Albertsons is one of the few good national chain businesses that supports UL. I have purchased a number of nice polos and shirts from Albertsons. Along with my rolling Ragin Cajun ice chest. They have some neat products. I also purchased an oversized lounge chair with Ragin Cajuns logo from albertsons.

GEAUX UL!

I continue to shop at albertsons for groceries despite the slightly higher prices then Target and Walmart for one reason, they support UL!

I felt that Albertson's had gotten a bad rap on this from the beginning of this thread. I have seen NO businesses outside of those that sell sporting goods that have gone OUT OF THEIR WAY to stock and promote UL items more than Albertson's.

I have bought several UL items from this store. Please take a moment to thank the store manager from all of us!

8. Default Re: Albertson's Support

_ I have been working with the Albertson's store at Johnston and S. College for years now and I can tell you there are few more supportive businesses for UL in this town. _
    Hey Ericwhat are some of the reasons why we don't have more supportive businesses in this town? What are the reasons that you've been given for not supporting UL by selling more merchandise? Just curious.Thanks ! !

Just a note, Albertson's was very kind to us during the Sunbelt Conference Tournament. They donated lot's food for the Cajun Tails hospitality tent which was greatly appreciated.

I normally see alot of UL merchandize there,maybe they were just low. In any case, you were right to mention it to Albertson's or any other retailer who sells college merchandize.

Geaux Cajuns !

Glad to know it.

I'll reconsider my opinions.

Albertson's does have pretty good UL stuff for a grocery store, but I know for a fact that one of the managers is a big LA ST fan.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Albertson's does have pretty good UL stuff for a grocery store, but I know for a fact that one of the managers is a big LA ST fan.
    LOL!! You can't avoid the plague completely. The Congress at Ambassador, and Johnston @ S College always have an excellent variety of UL merchandise.

Z

BTW we really need to count our blessings. We _____ and moan about the @Lafayette or UL.L on some merchandise, but we could be a fan of any other university in the state other than lsuthey cant find any of their merchandise unless its in their bookstoreTulane included. Bell's, LA Hotstuff, Albertsons, Academyyou want Cajun gear and merchandise? You can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    I agree, Albertsons is one of the few good national chain businesses that supports UL. I have purchased a number of nice polos and shirts from Albertsons. Along with my rolling Ragin Cajun ice chest. They have some neat products. I also purchased an oversized lounge chair with Ragin Cajuns logo from albertsons.

GEAUX UL!

I continue to shop at albertsons for groceries despite the slightly higher prices then Target and Walmart for one reason, they support UL!
    If you buy the Albertson's brands, they are not more expensive than the stores you mentioned. Meats are also of higher quality. I have to support them as I now have two kids employed by them as my daughter just took a summer job at the one at the corner of Kaliste Saloom/Bertrand.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Albertson's Support

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ It's not the local people. I had made suggestions and complaints for years, and the employees were sympathetic, but quietly told me that the corporate office doesn't listen to them when they pass on customer concerns.

Which is one of the reasons I do most of my shopping at Champagne's. _
    I do not know about now, but Champanges used to be a huge LSU backer, with more than their displays and merchandise.

But I understand and agree with your boycott, persay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Bell's, LA Hotstuff, Albertsons, Academyyou want Cajun gear and merchandise? You can find it. _
    THANK YOU, Z !!!!

That was my point in another thread.

Also, y'all let Ms. Chrystal at Follett's know she has too much "Lafayette" on her stuff. She's tired of hearing it from me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information