Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alexandria Towntalk

Default Alexandria Towntalk

No mention of lady cajuns in WCWS in Alexandria Towntalk this week. If we do happen to win some games in the WCWS and there is still no mention I will be writing them. This is a huge accomplishment for any University in the state and should get recognition from every newspaper in the state. Lafayette is way closer to Alex than BR. So help me god I see enough LSU articles.
    www.thetowntalk.com

Default Re: No mention in Alexandria Towntalk

what a joke, i wouldn't notice if alexandria fell of the face of the earth to be frank. that place sucks...

Yea you are right it sucks around here, but hey I work here so I have to go where the money is, but yea for sure it is an LSU town.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Yea you are right it sucks around here, but hey I work here so I have to go where the money is, but yea for sure it is an LSU town. _
    well hell, b.r. is an lsu town and the ladies' wcws trip is all over the sports' page. no excuse for it not to be a big story, since it is, and it's also a GREAT story with the youth, winning two regionals on the road....

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    well hell, b.r. is an lsu town and the ladies' wcws trip is all over the sports' page. no excuse for it not to be a big story, since it is, and it's also a GREAT story with the youth, winning two regionals on the road.... _
    The outpouring of good wishes and expressions of good luck to the Cajuns from all corners of the state of Lousiana has been truly overwhelming. I await the official proclamation of recognition from our governor's office.

I read nothing in the Advocate about UL.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    The outpouring of good wishes and expressions of good luck to the Cajuns from all corners of the state of Lousiana has been truly overwhelming. I await the official proclamation of recognition from our governor's office.

I read nothing in the Advocate about UL.
    Yesterday had the a front page article on Soto as well as most of page 3 in the Advocate. 28 may

7. Default Re: No mention in Alexandria Towntalk

I don't get print newspapers, but The Advocate did have a Lady Cajuns story on the front page of the online version. Headline: ULL (yuck!) Faces Difficult Challenge. As for the Alec Town Talk, they may not have any UL coverage but they do have some other mighty interesting articles. Talk about YUCK!

If there is no mention of the Cajuns beating the #1 team in the country in the towntalk, I will be emailing them.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ No mention of lady cajuns in WCWS in Alexandria Towntalk this week. If we do happen to win some games in the WCWS and there is still no mention I will be writing them. This is a huge accomplishment for any University in the state and should get recognition from every newspaper in the state. Lafayette is way closer to Alex than BR. So help me god I see enough LSU articles.
    www.thetowntalk.com _
    Earlier this week I noticed my home town newspaper has not had anything on the softball team after the regional or super regional. This sports writer and I has had a few discussions in the past about lack of coveage or misinformation printed about the cajuns. Well come to find out the guy is a McNeese alum and a huge LSU fan. What I did this week was emailed him some links to some articles about UL softball and briefly wrote a passage on the team. He took my passage and wrote his article. Because I handle it nicely and did not get ugly with him or call him out in a letter to the editor we got some good publicity.

Man, forget the Alexandria Towntalk...

ESPN.com front page

Ragin' Cajuns stun Gators in World Series opener

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate View Post
    I don't get print newspapers, but The Advocate did have a Lady Cajuns story on the front page of the online version. Headline: ULL (yuck!) Faces Difficult Challenge.

That's what I meant in my message above. If do not see or hear UL I just pass them by, knowing they can't do better than "friendly sources".

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    well hell, b.r. is an lsu town and the ladies' wcws trip is all over the sports' page. no excuse for it not to be a big story, since it is, and it's also a GREAT story with the youth, winning two regionals on the road....
    There was a bit of good coverage on the Channel 9 news out of BR at 6 PM today. Good publicity in the capital for our girls. Playing A&M on Friday should give us coverage in Houston again and perhaps Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Man, forget the Alexandria Towntalk...

ESPN.com front page

Ragin' Cajuns stun Gators in World Series opener
    I thought softball was not a sport that could give you national publicity and people would make fun of us for getting excited for the girls.

Not only does Alexandria suck, most people that live there are illiterate and don't know how to read anyway. There is no college in Alexandria, LA ST-A is in Lecompte and LA College is in Pineville (the literacy rate isn't any higher in those two towns either!). My sister lives there and cant wait till her kids graduate HS so she an get the hell out of there. Thankfully when my oldest neice graduates she will be attending UL majoring in architecture. The only smart thing she learned in Rapides is to get out for college and not go to BR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    That's what I meant in my message above. If do not see or hear UL I just pass them by, knowing they can't do better than "friendly sources". _
    must've been hard for you to turn off the game this afternoon when you saw "louisiana-lafayette" being used by espn. let me tell you, it was a great game to watch. i loved it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information