Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

1. UL Softball Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

HOUSTON - The scene on the field at Cougar Softball Stadium defined the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat Saturday afternoon.

Along the first-base line, Houston's players - drenched in equal portions of sweat and tears - stood solemnly with their right hands raised as the pep band played the school song. Fans openly wept.

Along the third-base line, though, it was pure Mardi Gras as UL's players screamed "Ragin!" while several hundred of their fans returned the favor with "Cajuns!"

Next stop, Oklahoma City.

Behind a freshman, a senior transfer and one of the greatest players in program history, UL ended a five-year drought at the College World Series by beating the national No. 8-seeded Cougars, 4-0, in the if-necessary game of an electric Super Regional.

The rest of the story

Bob Heist • bheist@theadvertiser.com • May 25, 2008

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default No crying, No whining, No gnashing of teeth, please!

ESPN has started their coverage of NCAA softball. Ive heard how great VT is, how awesome the pitching for aTm is, etc

I see us getting no coverage, and being shunned unless some type of miracle happens and we win a game or two! LOL!!!

Just deal with it, and when we prove them wrong.make sure you put it in their faces.

Z

3. Default Re: No crying, No whining, No gnashing of teeth, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ ESPN has started their coverage of NCAA softball. Ive heard how great VT is, how awesome the pitching for aTm is, etc

I see us getting no coverage, and being shunned unless some type of miracle happens and we win a game or two! LOL!!!

Just deal with it, and when we prove them wrong.make sure you put it in their faces.

Z _
    GEAUX LADY CAJUNS!! WALK PROUDLY!!

Default Re: No crying, No whining, No gnashing of teeth, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ ESPN has started their coverage of NCAA softball. Ive heard how great VT is, how awesome the pitching for aTm is, etc

Z _
    Who do they have doing their coverage? They guy who writes about softball on their website is very complimentary of our pitching. (Be warned: You really have to dig to find this guys columns.) You would think the TV guys would consult thier softball expert.

5. Default Re: No crying, No whining, No gnashing of teeth, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Who do they have doing their coverage? They guy who writes about softball on their website is very complimentary of our pitching. (Be warned: You really have to dig to find this guys columns.) You would think the TV guys would consult thier softball expert. _
    I did see/hear some complimentary things about the Ladies. They mentioned our hitting and pitching. Then they had the FL coach on, and he said he was a personal friend of the Lotiefs. He went on to mention our hitting and pitching, also.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    I did see/hear some complimentary things about the Ladies. They mentioned our hitting and pitching. Then they had the FL coach on, and he said he was a personal friend of the Lotiefs. He went on to mention our hitting and pitching, also.
    Maybe I turned it on at the, "its a conspiracy to hold the Cajuns down" segment!!?? LOL!

Glad ya'll saw that. I may have jumped the gun, but thats not possible because we all know my posts are always carefully thought out.

If ULL beats Florida you can bet on all the media coverage you can handle. To beat a team that only has 3 losses at this point in the season will guarantee coverage for years to come.

Default Re: UL softball heading to Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Here's a call for our Governor to issue an official edict declaring the state of Louisiana's full and undivided support for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns.

How about a joint House and Senate Legislative resolution as well.

Louisiana will be proudly representing UL and the entire state of Louisiana at the world series.

From the "Ultimate college Softball" forum a list of Umpires for the WCWS

Today at 04:32 AM Reply #1
    Here are the umpires for the World Series with their "road to Oklahoma City" in parentheses. Congratulations on being selected:
    Mike Bartling (Houston Regional Crew Chief, Houston Super Regional Umpire)
    Susie Benzel (Knoxville Regional Crew Chief, College Station Super Regional Umpire)
    Linda Hoover (Ann Arbor Regional Crew Chief, Los Angeles Super Regional Umpire)
    Keith Kearney (College Station Regional Umpire, Gainesville Super Regional Umpire)
    Willie Newman (Los Angeles Regional Crew Chief, Tucson Super Regional Umpire)
    Tom Topping (Baton Rouge Regional Crew Chief, Tempe Super Regional Umpire)

UL Softball Re: UL softball heading to Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Here's a call for our Governor to issue an official edict declaring the state of Louisiana's full and undivided support for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns.

How about a joint House and Senate Legislative resolution as well.

Louisiana will be proudly representing UL and the entire state of Louisiana at the world series. _
    Before our Sens. and Reps. do this they had better count noses, because it would not surprise me that the Legislative Purple & Gold army would not support it.

The only way would be to "double dip" with a Kitty Kat proclamation into the CWS.

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    Before our Sens. and Reps. do this they had better count noses, because it would not surprise me that the Legislative Purple & Gold army would not support it.

The only way would be to "double dip" with a Kitty Kat proclamation into the CWS.
    Come on, you're saying our elected ruling class does not get behind and support all Louisiana schools. I feel sure the P&G nation et. al.'s of the state won't get behind and support a sister Louisiana school's quest for a national championship as I doubt our instate media will either but our rulers? I am shocked. Heck, I'm flabbergasted.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post
    _ If UL beats Florida you can bet on all the media coverage you can handle. To beat a team that only has 3 losses at this point in the season will guarantee coverage for years to come. _

Watched Florida beat a decent Cal team, saw UCLA beat the daylights out of Georgia twice. I am happy we are not playing the no. 2 seed first.

Any Australian pitchers on that team lately?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Come on, you're saying our elected ruling class does not get behind and support all Louisiana schools. I feel sure the P&G nation et. al.'s of the state won't get behind and support a sister Louisiana school's quest for a national championship as I doubt our instate media will either but our rulers? I am shocked. Heck, I'm flabbergasted.

_
    I they word it correctly and make the phrase "lsu transfer Vanessa Soto" the centerpiece of the legislation it might pass.

I bet the poor girl did not realize her first name would be changed to "lsu transfer" but that is how every story in local media refers to her. Funny thing is when Lauren Castle transfered to State I don't recall her name changing to "UL transfer Lauren Castle".

Give it a rest, media guys. Vanessa has established herself as a UL Ragin Cajun. We all know who she is. You can drop the references to State from every story about Cajun softball success.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL softball heading to Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ From the "Ultimate college Softball" forum a list of Umpires for the WCWS

Today at 04:32 AM Reply #1
    Here are the umpires for the World Series with their "road to Oklahoma City" in parentheses. Congratulations on being selected:
    Mike Bartling (Houston Regional Crew Chief, Houston Super Regional Umpire)
    Susie Benzel (Knoxville Regional Crew Chief, College Station Super Regional Umpire)
    Linda Hoover (Ann Arbor Regional Crew Chief, Los Angeles Super Regional Umpire)
    Keith Kearney (College Station Regional Umpire, Gainesville Super Regional Umpire)
    Willie Newman (Los Angeles Regional Crew Chief, Tucson Super Regional Umpire)
    Tom Topping (Baton Rouge Regional Crew Chief, Tempe Super Regional Umpire) _
    Good to see that so-called "umpire" from the lsua&mc@br Regional is NOT among that group!!!

15. Default Re: UL softball heading to Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    _ Before our Sens. and Reps. do this they had better count noses, because it would not surprise me that the Legislative Purple & Gold army would not support it.
    Surely You Jest!! The Bayou Bangles would never do such a thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information