Oklahoma State
    LSU
    Nebraska
    Coastal Carolina
    Georgia Tech
    North Carolina State
    Florida
    Stanford

I have all of the above hosting regionals, except Coastal Carolina. Michigan hosts as a #2 seed.

Brian

Default Re: My National and #1 Seeds

If your prediction holds true. I say we win our conference tourny and be a 3 or 4 seed in the Aggies regional and this time finish the business! Not that I would want to play a national seed but we won't have much choice if we get in with our current record.

Golfin where do you see us if we get in?

I realize going to the LSU regional is an easy answer to all of us. but just wondering if you have any insight on the situation.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

With our record, if we win the tourney I think we'd definately be a 4 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    N1 Miami
    N2 North Carolina
    N3 Arizona State
    N4 Florida State
    N5 Rice
    N6 Cal State-Fullerton
    N7 Texas A&M
    N8 Georgia
    Oklahoma State
    LSU
    Nebraska
    Coastal Carolina
    Georgia Tech
    North Carolina State
    Florida
    Stanford

I have all of the above hosting regionals, except Coastal Carolina. Michigan hosts as a #2 seed.

Brian
    A&M is on a 7 game slide. They will probably be a #1 seed but the national seed may be slipping away.

LSU will host.

Their bid will be superb!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ A&M is on a 7 game slide. They will probably be a #1 seed but the national seed may be slipping away. _
    Rice is already in the losers bracket of C-USA, losing to UAB 8-2 yesterday. What happens if they are 2 and out?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Cajun View Post
    Rice is already in the losers bracket of C-USA, losing to UAB 8-2 yesterday. What happens if they are 2 and out?
    They are still 5th in RPI. I say 99% chance they are still a national seed.

If TAMU loses again and goes out with an 8 loss streak, I don't see them getting a national seed.

_ Rice is already in the losers bracket of C-USA, losing to UAB 8-2 yesterday. What happens if they are 2 and out? _
    NOTHING. They'll still be the 5th-ranked team in the Country.

10. UL Baseball Re: My National and #1 Seeds

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    If your prediction holds true. I say we win our conference tourny and be a 3 or 4 seed in the Aggies regional and this time finish the business! Not that I would want to play a national seed but we won't have much choice if we get in with our current record.

Golfin where do you see us if we get in?

I realize going to the LSU regional is an easy answer to all of us. but just wondering if you have any insight on the situation.
    I will need to see what teams win the automatic bids (which affects geography) before I could really say where the Cajuns would likely go. The Cajuns would be a #4 seed. But they would be a relatively strong #4 seed. You may see them not go to a regional that is hosted by a national seed because of this.

The candidate locations that immediately come to mind are Rice, Texas A&M, and LSU. Assuming that LSU is the only non-national seed among the three, Baton Rouge would be a logical location. If UNO were to make the tourney field, they would need to be sent to a separate regional. So, that could play a factor as well. If Texas A&M were to slip and lose all three Big XII Tournament games, they could lose their national seed and the Cajuns in College Station is a possibility.

Brian

11. UL Baseball Re: My National and #1 Seeds

A&M is on a 7 game slide. They will probably be a #1 seed but the national seed may be slipping away.
    If the season ended today, I think that Texas A&M would be a national seed. The Big XII Conference is one of the top three baseball conferences in the country this season. The Big XII Conference has had its conference champion not awarded a national seed only twice. And in these cases, the problem was RPI (Baylor in '00 with a 15 RPI, Nebraska in '03 with a 21 RPI). Thus far, the A&M RPI is OK (11), but could end up in the high teens if they do not win some this week.

Additionally, the big four conference champions rarely are not awarded a national seed. It has only happened once to the SEC (Arkansas in '99, 10). It has never happened in the ACC and has only happened twice in the Pac 10 (Southern Cal in '02, Oregon State in '06). Most of the time it is because the RPIs are in the high teens or twenties. Southern Cal had an RPI of 28 in 2002.

Now, if the Aggies go 0-3 in the Big XII Tournament, it gets rather dicey and I agree they probably do not get a national seed. But there are at least two games left to play for the Aggies. And right now I have little doubt they would be a national seed because I cannot see giving it to someone else. Not a fellow conference member that finished below the Aggies and not LSU (not yet). This could change as the week wraps up. If LSU wins the SEC Tournament, they will be a national seed.

Brian

12. UL Baseball Re: My National and #1 Seeds

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    LSU will host.

Their bid will be superb!
    Of course LSU will host. Nobody is questioning that. And it has nothing to do with their bid.

Brian

13. UL Baseball Re: My National and #1 Seeds

Rice did go two and out. And it does not matter. They are a national seed.

Brian

14. UL Baseball Re: My National and #1 Seeds

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    If TAMU loses again and goes out with an 8 loss streak, I don't see them getting a national seed.
    Texas A&M has at minimum two more games to play in the Big XII Tournament.

Brian

15. UL Baseball Re: My National and #1 Seeds

I also meant to add that A&M is a lock for a #1 seed. Even if they finish with a nine game losing streak.

Brian

Thread Information