Thread: Recruiting 2014 - Sun Belt Team Rankings

1. Default Recruiting 2014 - Sun Belt Team Rankings

#2 Louisiana

Team Concerns For 2014: The Ragin’ Cajuns have an efficient, effective passing game, but it could stand to do a little more, and the secondary could stand to tighten up, but there’s enough talent returning to not have to worry too much with spring ball just around the corner. DT Brandon McCray and LB Justin Anderson are gone, and WR Darryl Surgent is done, but the incoming recruiting class doesn’t have to play a big role right away.

The rest of the story .
    cfn.scout.com

Default Re: Recruiting 2014 - Sun Belt Team Rankings

For whatever it's worth on Scout, UL is no. 1 in the Sun Belt (89) now after adding Carmack. Also ahead of LoTech, and near Houston, WKU, Tulsa, and Middle.etc.

I was going to say that maybe it was written on signing day when we were still second, but it's dated yesterday and I remember checking the rankings yesterday and we were #1.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    I was going to say that maybe it was written on signing day when we were still second, but it's dated yesterday and I remember checking the rankings yesterday and we were #1.
    I still think recruiting rankings for mid majors are meaningless. I say that when we rank well in the league and I would say the same if we were near the bottom. Accomplishments of the 2011 class here are indicative of this. Another example is the Fuselier kid from New Iberia. According to some, he DOMINATED at our camp last year. He also had a great senior campaign. Yet he garnered only two stars. Why? Simply because he did not visit other schools and others did not offer as they knew he was a Cajun through and through. Stars are given based upon who else offers and little else. Elijah McGuire was also only two stars last year yet people in the know told us to look out for this guy. Those local folks knew a lot more than the people giving the star count did they not. Now, I have given reasons of why our guys were undervalued. I am sure there are examples of guys that did not do as well as planned but that is rare for mid-majors.

Rivals has us #4 out of 7 Sun Belt Teams

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr.2014/SBELT/all

(Existing teams - before exits and entries for next season)

I agree with Mike. I trust HUD and his staff went after what they needed. Judging from what cajunredzone indicated, looks as though they got much of what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    Rivals has us #4 out of 7 Sun Belt Teams

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr.2014/SBELT/all

(Existing teams - before exits and entries for next season)
    Why do you continuously bring up the Rivals rankings despite the fact that Rivals often has incorrect information on those who have committed to UL? Their rankings also include WKU, which in terms of football, is no longer in the Sun Belt. People have told you this repeatedly on this board but you continue to do it. Are you just dense or a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Why do you continuously bring up the Rivals rankings despite the fact that Rivals often has incorrect information on those who have committed to UL? Their rankings also include WKU, which in terms of football, is no longer in the Sun Belt. People have told you this repeatedly on this board but you continue to do it. Are you just dense or a troll?
    You definitely must have ridden the 'short bus' to school.

I've posted a link to Rivals two times on this board.

I like Rivals rating because there is a least some mathematical input to the rating rather than a "staff reporters" subjective opinion without much quantitative analysis.

People often condemn what they don't understand, so why don't you enlighten us with the errors in the Rivals rating system from my link above, (and btw, I noted that the rankings were based on existing teams - before the exits (i.e. WKU) and new entries. )

And I guess I missed the announcement that made 'Scout' the official rating system for this board.

Some prefer that we have competing ranking systems from multiple points of view, and that is what I was trying to do . and you apparently are not part of my target audience.

9. UL Football Re: Recruiting 2014 - Sun Belt Team Rankings

Agree with Mike also, but we are talking about how we feel about projected players. How would you feel at No. 49 vs 126? I would feel a whole lot better being no. 49 vs the 126th spot. Now how about 90th vs 102nd spot. Not much difference in those two from a talent standpoint, but I swear I do feel better at 90th than 102nd. I bet if you guys are honest with yourselves and us you do to.

Thread Information