Thread: Long, Payton Lead Cajuns To Wild 92-89 Win At UTA

1. Ragin' Cajuns Long, Payton Lead Cajuns To Wild 92-89 Win At UTA

Shawn Long scored a career-high 31 points and Elfrid Payton posted a double-double with 22 points and 10 rebounds as the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns built a 25-point lead and held off UT Arlington, 92-89, in a Sun Belt Conference game Thursday at College Park Center.

Homes SO Clean

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Long, Payton Lead Cajuns To Wild 92-89 Win At UTA

Holy ____. Didnt we have a 40-15 lead at one time???

Glad for the win, but f***!

Z

Leads on the road are never safe.

4. UL Basketball Re: Long, Payton Lead Cajuns To Wild 92-89 Win At UTA

We had around a twenty point lead going into the four minute time out. Gotta take care of the ball, gotta hit free throws, gotta block out, and get in somebodies face on three point attempts. None of that happened.

This isn't the NBA where no lead is safe. You should never lose even a 10 point lead with 4 minutes to go. I am glad that we won but blowing a 20 point lead in the waning moments of the game is troubling.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    This isn't the NBA where no lead is safe. You should never lose even a 10 point lead with 4 minutes to go. I am glad that we won but blowing a 20 point lead in the waning moments of the game is troubling.
    This is especially true when your two best players had to play lights out to still squeeze that victory out. We also got a career game from a true freshman who will likely see more time going forward but he hit 3's from everywhere and even banked one in. Troubling to know with all those good things happening we barely get the W. Its a W though

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This is especially true when your two best players had to play lights out to still squeeze that victory out. We also got a career game from a true freshman who will likely see more time going forward but he hit 3's from everywhere and even banked one in. Troubling to know with all those good things happening we barely get the W. Its a W though
    Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to win one on the road, but come on man giving up a big lead late in the game to barely hold on. It is very troubling.

Thread Information