Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11

Thread: Louisiana vs purple team

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Louisiana vs purple team

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch24 View Post
    Unfortunately, umpires don't make themselves available to the media after the game for interviews.

But it's funny the whole illegal pitch thing happened today after reading this post on another softball forum last night:

Bunch, are these local umpires? I must be really naive, but I figured since it was an NCAA tourney that the best of the best were there?

Am I wrong?

Z

What gets me the most about the illegal pitches is this: You know darn well that Ashley did not decide in the 7th inning to START throwing illegal pitches. Any way you look at it, the umpire decided to start calling it after seeing that LSU couldn't win on their own.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana vs purple team

Man, I was about ready to go homicidal when that beotch called an illegal pitch AFTER Ashley caught what should've been the 3rd out on that pop-up!!! [Good thing I wasn't at the game, heh?? ]

UL Tennis Re: Louisiana vs purple team

Good luck in Houston Cajuns!!!! Great Win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Bunch, are these local umpires? I must be really naive, but I figured since it was an NCAA tourney that the best of the best were there?

Am I wrong?

Z
    Well, it's supposed to be the best of the best, but I know Tidwell (home plate umpire) works a lot of SEC and LSU games. In fact, here's a little gem I found with a quick google search of her name:

LSU 8, ARKANSAS 6: LSU, which lost a 4-0 lead when Arkansas scored five runs in the fifth, forced extra innings when Rachel Mitchell scored on an illegal pitch with two outs in the seventh.

Mitchell (4-for-5 overall, RBI) reached third on Roessner’s single to right and then came home with the tying run when base umpire Jana Tidwell ruled Katy Henry’s first pitch to Sluss was illegal.

Tigers assistant coach Megan Smith, who coaches first base, said Henry was guilty of failing to wipe rosin from her hand, which she applied before throwing a pitch.

“I saw it out of the corner of my eye and I started jumping,” LSU softball coach Yvette Girouard said.

So did Arkansas coach Jamie Pinkerton who argued with Tidwell and home plate umpire Ron Alexander.

“I have no comment,” Pinkerton said. “Whatever I have to say wouldn’t be good.”

Either way, great win for the Cajuns today.

just got back from the game... holy cow that ump was trying something fierce to give it to lsu. anyway its was awesome, except the bandwagon fans chanting U.L.L.

Ok the pitches were illegal but they should not have been called! The purple teams pitchers were doing the same thing all game. They called illegal pitches on Brignac on Sat as well. The game was called fairly throughout the tournament but whoever was calling behind the plate for every game made sure that the results were settled on the field and not by the umpire and a wide strike zone. If we would have lost I would have said the same thing, I was at just about every game this weekend and the umpiring behind the plate was hitter friendly all weekend. Games called like this favors us no matter where they are because the Killer B's have enough talent to make people miss and our hitters are good enough to hit anyone we face.

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs purple team

My husband and I were watching Baton Rouge sports, because KATC said they wouldn't have highlights until 10:00 news. They were showing the post game interviews with tiggers players and then they showed the interview with Vanessa Soto. Under her name was not UL player Vanessa Soto, it was former LSU player. Last night we also saw their news and they called us hated rivals and then corrected himself and said arch rivals. I just couldn't believe this was a sports news casts.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunsjmt View Post
    _ My husband and I were watching Baton Rouge sports, because KATC said they wouldn't have highlights until 10:00 news. They were showing the post game interviews with tiggers players and then they showed the interview with Vanessa Soto. Under her name was not UL player Vanessa Soto, it was former LSU player. Last night we also saw their news and they called us hated rivals and then corrected himself and said arch rivals. I just couldn't believe this was a sports news casts. _
    As someone with a little [and I do mean little] media experience...

I would have to say that with respect to broadcast television news... weekend sports is about as "entry-level" as you can get.

I'm actually surprised that he caught the mistake and corrected it.

Baton Rouge news panders to Baton Rouge people...

Much the same way Lafayette news panders to Lafayette people.

But, oh yeah, they hate us.... and they hate us much more when we beat them....
    My wish is they hated us more in all sports.

But when it comes to wins, tradition etc. in softball...
    LSU will never catch UL.

Think old Jacques will be all smiles and grins as he reports proudly on his alma mater's accomplishments?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11

Thread Information