Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    -------Young Billy --I read about the taking of pitches in the MSU game and was just going crazy over the pitches that we took for called strikes ---At on point I think it was like 7 of 9 pitches---Ask coach to explain the strategy and also about the 2nd base deals of over slides, rounding the base and getting picked off, and the trapped guy between 2nd and 3rd!!!---Hope I can remember to listen today!!!
    That's a simple answer.he slid on wet turf and went past the bag. And the other play.the fielder just threw behind the runner after an aggressive turn. Both are aggressive base running mistakes

Default Re: Cajun Baseball

Are we home team each game?

Home away home

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Home away home
    Are you sure about game 3? I thought game 3 was a coin flip.

Weren't we home team in game 3 vs. S. Carolina in 2000?

and home team at rice for that matter for game three. it is a coin flip. they determine the 3rd game home team during the conference call with the ad's and coaches. its weird cause each coach is at their respective facility and the coin flip is done whever the officials are, or thats atleast how they did it in 99

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Are you sure about game 3? I thought game 3 was a coin flip.

Weren't we home team in game 3 vs. S. Carolina in 2000?
    Although one school hosts all three games, the teams split home-team status in the first two games, with the host batting last in the opener and first in game 2. If a third game is necessary, a coin toss determines home-team status. As for the whining from some Ole Miss faithful who think they should have been a national seed (or at least seeded over us) they are the only school to host three Super Regionals without advancing to Omaha under the current format. Maybe the NCAA saw something of (no) merit to cast the seeds they way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDawgPound View Post
    Although one school hosts all three games, the teams split home-team status in the first two games, with the host batting last in the opener and first in game 2. If a third game is necessary, a coin toss determines home-team status. As for the whining from some Ole Miss faithful who think they should have been a national seed (or at least seeded over us) they are the only school to host three Super Regionals without advancing to Omaha under the current format. Maybe the NCAA saw something of (no) merit to cast the seeds they way they did.
    They deserved a national seed over LSU and, in hindsight, 20+ loss Florida.

any callers into the show to ask bab a question gets a chance to win a "sportsnote bucket" this contest revolves around the world cup you will be given a country and if your country wins the bucket is yours the bucket itself is well worth the effort tho it is also filled with prizes which in total come (as of press time.ha) around the 200 dollar mark

ps. sorry no omaha tickets inside, will have to get those on your own

Y'all are right. I just looked at the schedule and forgot about that part.

Bil. I want to thank and compliment you for hosting Coach Bab during possibly our most memorable season of all time. Great season.great shows.and having Bab on each week made it even more enjoyable.

Btw.holler at me if you're at The Tigue tomorrow mid-afternoon and you're interested in eating some crawfish.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Btw.holler at me if you're at The Tigue tomorrow mid-afternoon and you're interested in eating some crawfish.
    What time we eating

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    What time we eating
    3:00

I did notice that you ignored my compliment to Snote.and focused right in on that crawfish. (Giggles)

3:00

I did notice that you ignored my compliment to Snote.and focused right in on that crawfish. (Giggles)
    I already complimented him earlier in the treadI have come to appreciate his show.

It has grown on me.maybe that is where that extra 10 lbs came from

No I do not have extra ticketsI am scrambling like the rest of the little people.

Snote had a Great Show today, always when Rusty Guilbeau is on!

thanks to all for your help w/our shows this year (and thanks to team 2014 for the wins) we @ this time scheduled to do our last show in the morning (wed the 11th @ 11)

ps. c/red, i only about 5 minutes away (smiles)

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information