Thread: What first round matchup do you want?

I have a Question What first round matchup do you want?

Just curious but the question must be asked. I feel our odds of advancing would be greater if we could avoid UNO. I realize we just won the series but a break would be nice.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: What first round matchup do you want?

Has todays game started yet?

3. UL Baseball Re: What first round matchup do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Just curious but the question must be asked. I feel our odds of advancing would be greater if we could avoid UNO. I realize we just won the series but a break would be nice.
    With FAU leading FIU 9-5 in the bottom of the 8th, it looks like Middle Tennessee needs to defeat Western Kentucky (and the Cajuns win today) for the Cajuns to snag the #5 seed and play in Monroe's side of the bracket.

Brian

4. UL Baseball Re: What first round matchup do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    With FAU leading FIU 9-5 in the bottom of the 8th, it looks like Middle Tennessee needs to defeat Western Kentucky (and the Cajuns win today) for the Cajuns to snag the #5 seed and play in Monroe's side of the bracket.

Brian
    Well, FIU making it interesting. FAU leads 9-7 in the bottom of the 8th. Runners on first and third with one out.

Brian

5. UL Baseball Re: What first round matchup do you want?

Well, FIU making it interesting. FAU leads 9-7 in the bottom of the 8th. Runners on first and third with one out.

Brian
    And now they are tied at 9 entering the ninth.

A loss by either WKU or FAU (coupled with a Cajun win), assures the Cajuns of at least a #5 seed. A loss by both WKU and FAU (coupled with a Cajun win), gives the Cajuns the #4 seed.

Brian

6. UL Baseball Re: What first round matchup do you want?

And now they are tied at 9 entering the ninth.

A loss by either WKU or FAU (coupled with a Cajun win), assures the Cajuns of at least a #5 seed. A loss by both WKU and FAU (coupled with a Cajun win), gives the Cajuns the #4 seed.

Brian
    FAU scores in the top of the 9th to beat FIU 10-9. FAU will be the #4 seed in the SBC Tournament.

So, we have .

1. ULM
    2. New Orleans
    3. Troy
    4. Florida Atlantic
    5. UL/WKU
    6. UL/WKU
    7. South Alabama
    8. Troy

If the Cajuns win and Western Kentucky loses (they are tied with Middle 2-2 B4th), the Cajun are the #5 seed and will play FAU in the opener. Else, the Cajuns secure the #6 seed and will play Troy in the opener.

Brian

Didn't think i'd be excited come tournament time, but i am.

Posted via http://www.igeaux.mobi

In Lafayette you can tune in to cox Sports tv to see mt-wku. 4-2 toppers at the 7th inning stretch. As an added bonus, you get to hear more swobodaisms
    Posted via http://www.igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What first round matchup do you want?

WK leads MT 6-2 in the bottom of the 7th inning. If the pillpoppers hold on to win, the CAJUNS will face #3 Troy in the opening game of the Tournament. If MT comes back to beat WK, CAJUNS will face FAU as the #5 seed.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What first round matchup do you want?

WK now leads 7-2 at the end of the 7th inning.

Thread Information