Thread: ultoday.com: HOMEWORK

Default ultoday.com: HOMEWORK

OK guys and gals, I usually invite you to visit ultoday.com. But for today, I am really encouraging it (I would order it, but I think that would get me inventive Sign Language).

The topic will save YOU money. and we need to look at this stuff for UL and Acadiana.

2. Default Re: ultoday.com: HOMEWORK

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ OK guys and gals, I usually invite you to visit ultoday.com. But for today, I am really encouraging it (I would order it, but I think that would get me inventive Sign Language).

The topic will save YOU money. and we need to look at this stuff for UL and Acadiana.

. _

Is Open Office compatible with .wpd and .doc files?

Default Re: ultoday.com: HOMEWORK

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove View Post
    Is Open Office compatible with .wpd and .doc files?
    .doc are MS Office, so yes.

WordPerfect is weird. you can open them, and you can edit them. but it doesn't have an option to save as a .wpd.

I tried it, if you turn off the automatic file extension, it saves documents as .wpd, but my webmaster pointed out that that does not necessarily mean that it really is a WordPerfect document.

I even looked at the OOo website, looked through the documentation and plugins. It's not that they don't list a solution, they don't even talk about it.

Our own Cypremort is a SUN employee, I'm going to ax him.

But for now, if you simply want access to your old .wpd documents, OOo will work. If you want to distribute documents in that format, I'm just not sure.

4. Default Re: ultoday.com: HOMEWORK

thx, been looking for some photo editing software

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    thx, been looking for some photo editing software
    The Gimp wasn't as easy to install as the other ones. It's getting better, let me know if you have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    OK guys and gals, I usually invite you to visit ultoday.com. But for today, I am really encouraging it (I would order it, but I think that would get me inventive Sign Language).

Hey Fun I just wanted to let you know I was watching a show on NATGEO last night and one of the biologist was wearing a UL shirt. The show was called Super Snakes. Might want to find out who that was an interview him and ask him what it was like to capture a 20' 200 plus pound giant green anaconda.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Hey Fun I just wanted to let you know I was watching a show on NATGEO last night and one of the biologist was wearing a UL shirt. The show was called Super Snakes. Might want to find out who that was an interview him and ask him what it was like to capture a 20' 200 plus pound giant green anaconda.
    UL has a pretty strong tradition of 'Ichs & Herps' (fish, reptiles & amphibians). Our people and our graduate students have done well.

In fact, when I was up at Ole Miss working on my doctorate (never got it, long story), the herpetologist up there was Ed Kaiser, who they had hired away from us.

He missed UL.

Thread Information