Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: MBB Final: LA (66) ULM (50)

1. Default Re: MBB Final: LA (66) ULM (50)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Don't be so damn sensitive. I was simply commenting after someone said he was the best they'd ever seen in a UL uniform. I go back to the days of Dean Church. I love.have enjoyed watching.and appreciate them all.

Loosen your panties.
    ------Wooooa--didn't say the best and don't think that he is the best---but what I said was most EXCITING and I guess I should qualify that with the most exciting sans shooting----his moves to the basket look like an acrobat in flight--he is just so gifted with athleticism!!!!

Default Re: MBB Final: LA (66) ULM (50)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    EP is awesome. Still not up to Andrew Toney yet, though.IMHO.
    Toney without the chronic foot problems which cut his career short is in the NBA Hall of Fame

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Toney without the chronic foot problems which cut his career short is in the NBA Hall of Fame
    The Boston Strangler.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    The Boston Strangler.

Z
    The Celtics fans truly hated him.so did the Laker fansI remember the build up to a Sunday game about Michael Cooper being the best defender in the league and Toney.Toney burned Coop down for 40 plus that day

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    OK--I am ready to say that EP is the most exciting player I have ever seen in a UL uniform----When he came off the dribble with one hand, faked the dunk, and softed it off the glass i was amazed Please Douglas of somebody put together a 5 minute "SLASHER" video on the guy!!!! oh and yes what a free safety he could have been!!! Call the best FT teacher in the world and get him down here---it has now become just a mental thing on the FTs especially the air ball!!!
    You must be really young!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ------Wooooa--didn't say the best and don't think that he is the best---but what I said was most EXCITING and I guess I should qualify that with the most exciting sans shooting----his moves to the basket look like an acrobat in flight--he is just so gifted with athleticism!!!!
    IMO, Bo Lamar was the most exciting player. He averaged 36 points a game without the 3 point shot. Would have easily averaged 50 a game with it. Actually scored more than 50 in a couple of games, the most notable being at LA Tech and I saw that game. Had 51 points and left the game with 3 mins to go. Threw his arm bands to the crowd. Even Tech fans loved him. Most on this board never got to see him play. He was electric.

I'm jacked about this win, but not to the point of sliding out of my seat.

Its ULM, we are suppose to win these games.

Z

ps sorry Turbine.
    Z, other than Payton and Long, I thought that ULM had better overall athletes than the Cajuns. How they were able to recruit a team able to be competitive in the league to go there is a question I can't answer. I guess you have to give credit to their coaches for finding talent others overlooked.

Now on to your favorite journalist, there was a women courtside who sat next to the person I presume to be the ULM play by play guy. As the game went along and Elfrid continued to slice them up, she appeared to be getting a sour look on her face. Maybe that was Tabby. Another thing I appreciated was the singing of the fight song by players and students. After the song was over, I heard students yell out "We are Louisiana". ULM fans and players likely did not hear it but still it was nice for me to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    IMO, Bo Lamar was the most exciting player. He averaged 36 points a game without the 3 point shot. Would have easily averaged 50 a game with it. Actually scored more than 50 in a couple of games, the most notable being at LA Tech and I saw that game. Had 51 points and left the game with 3 mins to go. Threw his arm bands to the crowd. Even Tech fans loved him. Most on this board never got to see him play. He was electric.

The highlight video they now play before the game has a few clips of Bo Lamar in action. Folks who never saw him are impressed with them. Thanks to Douglas of this forum for putting that together. Those of you who have not made a game yet would enjoy that feature. It does give you a sense of the basketball history here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Z, other than Payton and Long, I thought that ULM had better overall athletes than the Cajuns. How they were able to recruit a team able to be competitive in the league to go there is a question I can't answer. I guess you have to give credit to their coaches for finding talent others overlooked.
    Said somewhat the same thing to my wife during the game.

The Ragin Cajun cheer that the students start and go back and forth has been getting better at the last 2 games. Hope we can carry it over to the other sports. I can see one in particular that has some special pants (looks like Mel's creation) that would make an excellent Cajun leader of cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    You must be really young!
    Now that is funny. I think Frenchie is the ONLY poster older than the Boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post

Now on to your favorite journalist, there was a women courtside who sat next to the person I presume to be the ULM play by play guy. As the game went along and Elfrid continued to slice them up, she appeared to be getting a sour look on her face. Maybe that was Tabby. Another thing I appreciated was the singing of the fight song by players and students. After the song was over, I heard students yell out "We are Louisiana". ULM fans and players likely did not hear it but still it was nice for me to hear.
    Tabby was not at the game. Gannett doesn't pay expenses for road games. Buckley didn't go to ULM for the first game.

This is why I love this board. In the end we are all UL fans. I like Red, I like raginsaints. Heck, I like lcitsch even though we disagree on just about everything.

I LMAO reading some of these threads.

Z
    I second that emotion. And I'm a liberal who has experienced the warmth of Zee's embrace.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information