Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: LA (66) ULM (50)

Default Re: MBB Final: LA (66) ULM (50)

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    His first half performance single-handily won this game IMO.

On the negative side, that air-balled free throw was brutal.
    Completely agree.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Yep. EP is definitely not NBA material.

3. Default Re: MBB Final: LA (66) ULM (50)

Does not stand for Next On Train ?

I don't know the jury is still out. He can't shoot free throws but is one heck of a defensive player and was only 13 of 14 shooting tonight. The thing that impressed me was he put the team on his back and delivered. I also like his ability to go to the hole and he played down low a lot. I hope he's back next year but we have to finish the March this year.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    His first half performance single-handily won this game IMO.

On the negative side, that air-balled free throw was brutal.
    I think it and many more similar to it(free throws missed) will keep him at UL next season. Believe me in a selfish way I hope Payton chooses to stay and develop a little more meat on his frame, some outside shooting, and better his Free Throw shooting to around 80%. Needs to work with Davenport!

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Wow!
    I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. What a defensive performance! Held one of their top scorers without a point (0 of 5 from the field) and held Tylor to 6 of 16 from the field. Long didn't start, but still got his double double. If the Cajuns can continue to play defense like tonight, they have a great chance to win. Let's hope it continues on the road. It was a better crowd than I would have expected after the last two home performances. Kudos to the crowd. And, nice touch by the choir singing the National Anthem!
    Go Cajuns!
    UL also held Monroe to 50 points in 10 less minutes than in Monroe where UL gave up 103 points! Geaux Big Defense!!!

7. Default Re: MBB Final: LA (66) ULM (50)

OK--I am ready to say that EP is the most exciting player I have ever seen in a UL uniform----When he came off the dribble with one hand, faked the dunk, and softed it off the glass i was amazed Please Douglas of somebody put together a 5 minute "SLASHER" video on the guy!!!! oh and yes what a free safety he could have been!!! Call the best FT teacher in the world and get him down here---it has now become just a mental thing on the FTs especially the air ball!!!

EP is awesome. Still not up to Andrew Toney yet, though...IMHO.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    That's an awfully high standard, Red. We're talking about a player that's on Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson's top 5 list of best players they played against. That's one high standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's an awfully high standard, Red. We're talking about a player that's on Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson's top 5 list of best players they played against. That's one high standard.
    Yep.

I'll never understand why people keep saying stuff like this. Enjoy the great players we have now without trying to compare everyone to past players. Payton will go down as one of the best players to ever play for the Cajuns - embrace him.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm jacked about this win, but not to the point of sliding out of my seat...

Its ULM, we are suppose to win these games.

Z

ps sorry Turbine.

Last edited by Zeebart21; February 2nd, 2014 at 12:59 pm. Reason: Suck it Tabby

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I'll never understand why people keep saying stuff like this. Enjoy the great players we have now without trying to compare everyone to past players. Payton will go down as one of the best players to ever play for the Cajuns - embrace him.
    Don't be so damn sensitive. I was simply commenting after someone said he was the best they'd ever seen in a UL uniform. I go back to the days of Dean Church. I love...have enjoyed watching...and appreciate them all.

Loosen your panties.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Don't be so damn sensitive. I was simply commenting after someone said he was the best they'd ever seen in a UL uniform. I go back to the days of Dean Church. I love...have enjoyed watching...and appreciate them all.

Loosen your panties.
    This is why I love this board. In the end we are all UL fans. I like Red, I like raginsaints. Heck, I like lcitsch even though we disagree on just about everything.

I LMAO reading some of these threads.

Z

Loosen your panties.
    I'm not sensitive at all. I just think it's stupid to keep pointing out that you think older players are better. Elfrid could average 30/10 for the rest of the year and you'd still say the same thing. It's pointless. I think the message toward the players like Elfrid who bust their ___ for this university should be overwhelmingly positive and lacking a caveat.

Hilarious joke about the panties, though.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information