Thread: Burnt Roux: UL transfer Richard now SU’s No. 1 starter

1. UL Baseball Burnt Roux: UL transfer Richard now SU’s No. 1 starter

Chase Richard had transferred before, from Denham Springs High to Central Private. So he knew the transition he was in for when he came to Southern from the University of Louisiana
    The move has paid off again.

Richard, who helped CLA to a MPSA state title in 2005, emerged as the No. 1 weekend starter in his first year at Southern, helping the Jaguars to the Western Division title.

“I’ve really enjoyed this opportunity,” Richard said. “It’s worked out great for me. I wanted to get an opportunity to play, and I’m back home.”

Richard, a sophomore left-hander, never pitched in a game in two seasons at Louisiana-Lafayette but is 5-2 with a 4.69 ERA. He has 39 strikeouts to 11 walks.

The rest of the story

By JOE SCHIEFELBEIN

Homes SO Clean

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Burnt Roux: UL transfer Richard now SU’s No. 1 starter

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Good Luck kid.

On a side note, Cador better watch his back

“We needed pitching, and this kid came,” Southern coach Roger Cador said. “At UL, they’ve had so many good pitchers over the years; I think he just caught up in the numbers. We’re fortunate we were able to land such a well-versed young man.”

He didnt get the memo about no one calling us that outside of L.af.aye.tte

Z

UL Baseball Re: Burnt Roux: UL transfer Richard now SU’s No. 1 starter

Where do you think Richard picked up this from:

“I always try to stay focused,” Richard said. “If bad things happen, I’ll step off, take a deep breath and try to recuperate. I’ll just try to minimize any damage.”

J-Bird has always said it is a Robyism, "to minimize the damage"!

Great to see Richard doing so good and equally as good to see that Robe and the UL pitching system had something to do with his success.

I just wish this years team could catch on to the overall system being taught and hit, field and pitch better. Or like Robe says, at least do 2 out of the 3 each game better than the other team.

Thread Information