Thread: UL Mini-Baja Team #4 in International Competition

Even if you've read about this elsewhere, I've dug a into it a bit. I think you guys & gals will like this article.

A lot.

PS Check out the names of the vehicles, particularly UCF & KSU.

2. Default Re: UL Mini-Baja Team #4 in International Competition

This looks like fun.

3. Default Re: UL Mini-Baja Team #4 in International Competition

This is the perfect merger of academia and sports.

Check out all the schools and organizations that participated (LINK) I count 84.

I thought I read somewhere that there were other Louisiana teams involved . . . don't see any listed.

Tthis is their highest finish but it is not the 1st time UL places high in this competiton. LINK

Default Re: UL Mini-Baja Team #4 in International Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This is the perfect merger of academia and sports.

Check out all the schools and organizations that participated (LINK) I count 84.

I thought I read somewhere that there were other Louisiana teams involved . . . don't see any listed.

Tthis is their highest finish but it is not the 1st time UL places high in this competiton. LINK
    You can see in the scores table at the bottom of the article, State & Tulane were there. Tech wasn't, don't know why not.

5. Default UL Mini-Baja

UL's mini-baja team returned from Tennessee with several awards in tow.

The team placed fourth in the competition and took fifth in a four-hour endurance test. The design of small ATV from UL netted the team ninth place in the competition. Teams from all of the top schools in the country like Michigan, Michigan State and Georgia Tech all participate along with teams from Mexico, Canada, Europe and Asia.

Mini-baja competitions like this one are sponsored by the Society of Automotive Engineers each year.

The ATV is equipped with a 10 HP Briggs and Stratton engine as its power source and must undergo a rigorous design review and safety inspection prior to being allowed to race.

Louisiana.edu

May 9, 2008

Thread Information