Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cajun sToppers

Default Re: Cajuns Toppers

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ We must not forget about Mid Tenn. We still have a 1 game lead and we hold the tiebreaker. So Mid Tenn. will also have to win 2 more games than us next weekend.

If we win 0, MT and FIU must win 2/3
    If we win 1, MT and FIU must both sweep
    If we win 2 we will be no worse than 7th seed.
    If we sweep we could do better than 7th seed. _

So that means you gamble and buy your tournament season ticket package for $75/seat on the 14th or just wait and see what they do on the 15th and 16th and purchase game by game if they get in......

by the game by game tickets. doubt it will be sellout anyway

I have 2 seats but bought only 1 for the tournament. Got burned in 2001, and may also this year. Will look at it as a donation I guess.
    This has been the lowest baseball season for me with all the preseason hype. Do not think after the 2000 World Series run we were pre-ranked since we lost so many people.

CC

This has been such a letdown so far. I did not think we would miss Lucroy and Pilgreen So much. We all forgot how young this team is.
    But in reality, Aren't all the freshmen, playing this year almost the equivalent of sophmores? Our only hope is that their experience so far this year will manifest itself in a fantastic finish.

5. Default Re: Cajuns Toppers

It was a road game 2 out of 3 would have been nice but I wasn't expecting it, that is until we took one Friday.

UL Baseball Re: Cajuns Toppers

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ We must not forget about Mid Tenn. We still have a 1 game lead and we hold the tiebreaker. So Mid Tenn. will also have to win 2 more games than us next weekend.

If we win 0, MT and FIU must win 2/3
    If we win 1, MT and FIU must both sweep
    If we win 2 we will be no worse than 7th seed.
    If we sweep we could do better than 7th seed. _
    Hey!

Poblem is that UL (13-14) is only a half game up vs. MT (12-14) so the tiebreaker (which we would win is irrelevant). To get in over them we need to win as many as they do next weekend (@WKU)... it could be anything from both sweep to both are swept...

UNO is playing the best baseball in the conference right now. FIU hosts a struggling FAU club. Cajuns need a combo of 2 Cajun wins and FIU losses... i.e. 2 of 6 games need to go the Cajuns way to make the tournament. I doubt FIU loses more than one at home to FAU next weekend.

Since ULM swept UNO, ULM will be Cajun fans this weekend - pulling for the Cajuns to pull out at least one win over UNO... UNO needs the sweep over the Cajuns for the conference regular season championship. OH Ohhh.... It ain't gonna be easy.

Other outside shots to pass somebody in the standings... win as many games (0-3) next weekend as MT (@WKU), win 2 more games than WKU, and win 1 more game than USA (@Troy)... But Cajuns have to win some games in all of those scenarios unless WKU sweeps MT...

Why did we put ourselves in this position?

7. Default Re: Cajuns Toppers

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post

Why did we put ourselves in this position?
    Because we didn't take care of business earlier in the season. Pitching, hitting, and fielding have all had their share of problems throughout the season. This team will have to dig deep and play above themselves to get two wins against UNO.

8. Default Re: Cajuns Toppers

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    UNO needs the sweep over the Cajuns for the conference regular season championship. OH Ohhh.... It ain't gonna be easy.
    UNO only needs two wins to win the Championship. We lost a game to weather at MTSU. With two wins, we'd finish half a game ahead of ULM. If we lose two, we'd finish half a game behind the Warhawks.

You're right...it WON'T be easy. Even with a 13 game win streak (hopefully 14 after LSU Tuesday night) nothing is guaranteed. I wish Troy could have helped us out one more time today. ULM stayed alive, though.

As always, I look forward to a series in your ballpark. Should be a fun weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by UNOPrivatr View Post
    _ UNO only needs two wins to win the Championship. We lost a game to weather at MTSU. With two wins, we'd finish half a game ahead of ULM. If we lose two, we'd finish half a game behind the Warhawks.

You're right...it WON'T be easy. Even with a 13 game win streak (hopefully 14 after LSU Tuesday night) nothing is guaranteed. I wish Troy could have helped us out one more time today. ULM stayed alive, though.

As always, I look forward to a series in your ballpark. Should be a fun weekend! _
    If you'll give us one, we'll gladly give you two.

One win pretty much insures that we make the tourney in our own back yard while simultaneously preventing the pretenders from claiming the crown.

I'm all for UNO winning the conference. At least ya'll have some pedigree.

I for one welcome our Privateer overlords!

10. Default Re: Cajuns Toppers

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    If you'll give us one, we'll gladly give you two.
    As long as you give us Thursday and Friday so we can get it over with! I don't want to have to sweat out a Saturday game with everything on the line. We had that in 2000 and the end of that game got pretty nerve wracking when you guys almost came back.

I wondered what the consensus would be among Cajun fans in choosing between UNO and ULM. It's definitely interesting how this all played out in the end. ULM having to root for you guys?!?

As long as you give us Thursday and Friday so we can get it over with! I don't want to have to sweat out a Saturday game with everything on the line. We had that in 2000 and the end of that game got pretty nerve wracking when you guys almost came back.

I wondered what the consensus would be among Cajun fans in choosing between UNO and ULM. It's definitely interesting how this all played out in the end. ULM having to root for you guys?!?

Easy answer....UNO.

Good luck this week/weekend.

UL Baseball Re: Cajuns Toppers

_ As long as you give us Thursday and Friday so we can get it over with! I don't want to have to sweat out a Saturday game with everything on the line. We had that in 2000 and the end of that game got pretty nerve wracking when you guys almost came back.

I wondered what the consensus would be among Cajun fans in choosing between UNO and ULM. It's definitely interesting how this all played out in the end. ULM having to root for you guys?!? _
    NO, WE need to get the W on Thursday... I can't sweat this thing out any longer! We need to clinch a spot in the tourney... Hopefully FAU can help us out Thursday night as well by beating FIU... Then we can just have fun the rest of the weekend and watch YOU sweat... ;-) Besides, our best chance for a win is Thursday with Moody on the mound...

_ As long as you give us Thursday and Friday so we can get it over with! I don't want to have to sweat out a Saturday game with everything on the line. We had that in 2000 and the end of that game got pretty nerve wracking when you guys almost came back.

I wondered what the consensus would be among Cajun fans in choosing between UNO and ULM. It's definitely interesting how this all played out in the end. ULM having to root for you guys?!? _
    UNO. It's not even close. As much as we bang on each other, we've got your back.

BTW, what's up with your fan forum? Lots of posts from folks whose names look like this - *(F#W(sdifo832

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Well let me correct myself and spell it out a little better. If we have to win two games against UNO next weekend at the Tigue to get into the tournament....you can plan to spend the next weekend in Destin with the family. It just aint gonna happen. And again the last 2 times we host, we are picking up cups and chasing foul balls. No #@#$ing exscuse for that. Period! _
    Care to take back your comments now?

CAJUNS ARE IN THE TOURNEY!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information