Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cajun sToppers

Default Re: Cajuns Toppers

WKU wishing for rain now leading 8-4......hell it dosn't make any difference anyway unless by some miracle we decide to hit the ball where WKU is not standing.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Yes they will. _

If they take 3 games next week. Against UNO....

usa 4 FIU 4 top 7

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ usa 4 FIU 4 top 7 _

USA 4 FIU 7

Ouch

If the weekend ends with the scores like they are around the belt we would need 2 wins to get in. We cant beat UNO twice next weekend even at home. They are playing with alot of confidence and are in my opinion already in postseason play. We are just not good enough to compete with them for 3 games

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    If the weekend ends with the scores like they are around the belt we would need 2 wins to get in. We cant beat UNO twice next weekend even at home. They are playing with alot of confidence and are in my opinion already in postseason play. We are just not good enough to compete with them for 3 games
    Actually that is not correct. We could get swept by UNO and still get in.

Assuming, that FIU defeats USA today (and it's looking like it will be reality) and that WKU holds on to their lead over UL, any of the following scenarios would get UL in the tourney.

2 UL wins
    1 UL win and 1 FIU loss
    0 UL wins and 2 FIU losses

FIU hosts FAU this coming Thursday-Saturday.

Well let me correct myself and spell it out a little better. If we have to win two games against UNO next weekend at the Tigue to get into the tournament....you can plan to spend the next weekend in Destin with the family. It just aint gonna happen. And again the last 2 times we host, we are picking up cups and chasing foul balls. No #@#$ing exscuse for that. Period!

Cajuns made the tournament the last time they hosted

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Well let me correct myself and spell it out a little better. If we have to win two games against UNO next weekend at the Tigue to get into the tournament....you can plan to spend the next weekend in Destin with the family. It just aint gonna happen. And again the last 2 times we host, we are picking up cups and chasing foul balls. No #@#$ing exscuse for that. Period! _
    As much as it pains me to say this, but I would prefer they go ahead and put me out of my misery. There is no way that this team is going to win the tournament anyway. The team simply does not have enough pitching to get through a tournament, even if the hitting improves.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns Toppers

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Actually that is not correct. We could get swept by UNO and still get in.

Assuming, that FIU defeats USA today (and it's looking like it will be reality) and that WKU holds on to their lead over UL, any of the following scenarios would get UL in the tourney.

2 UL wins
    1 UL win and 1 FIU loss
    0 UL wins and 2 FIU losses

FIU hosts FAU this coming Thursday-Saturday. _
    FIU is definitely going to have to help us now. The CAJUNS will be lucky to win one game next week.

I agree that this is one of the more painfull seasoned I have endured since I cant remember when. Been going to UL baseball games for 20 years and this is bad and not getting any better. Robe just said it best on the postgame show..."if we dont consistant, we dont deserve to be in the tourney"

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns Toppers

Quote Originally Posted by Mb306 View Post
    _ Cajuns made the tournament the last time they hosted _
    No they didn't. 2001, the year after the CWS, the CAJUNS hosted without playing.

We must not forget about Mid Tenn. We still have a 1 game lead and we hold the tiebreaker. So Mid Tenn. will also have to win 2 more games than us next weekend.

If we win 0, MT and FIU must win 2/3
    If we win 1, MT and FIU must both sweep
    If we win 2 we will be no worse than 7th seed.
    If we sweep we could do better than 7th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    No they didn't. 2001, the year after the CWS, the CAJUNS hosted without playing.
    We hosted in 2003.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information