Thread: Cajuns lost third straight Thursday, try to right the ship Saturday

1. Default Cajuns lost third straight Thursday, try to right the ship Saturday

LITTLE ROCK, ARK. — The UL Ragin' Cajuns played Thursday night's Sun Belt road game against UALR without one half of their 1-2 scoring punch with inside threat Shawn Long suspended for a game due to "conduct detrimental to the team .

Default Re: Long suspended as Cajuns lose third straight

Marlin is an idiot. Give me Jessie Evans and the thugs that can shoot/win any day of the week. Seriously, that was part of the reason we were successful, we had the misfits from major basketball schools come here. They'd be happy with their surroundings and perform. Now we can't even get those guys.

Haha I know I'm being unrealistic here, but hell I miss Cajun basketball. REAL Cajun basketball.

Georgia state is using that model now

4. Default Re: Men's Basketball vs UALR

Why aren't we talking more about Long being suspended, again. What's the story behind that? IMO, he is more important to the team the EP, and it seems like he's a little unstable.

Leaders lead when needed

Long will likely go pro as soon as he can . apparently he may not be a fit with the program with multiple suspensions . let's see what happens from now until the end of the season.

I do not think Long has had multiple suspensions. I believe this was his first suspension. He did not start an earlier game as Davenport had worked harder than he in practice. Not starting is not a suspension as he played lots of minutes in that game. No one has any idea what he did to garner this suspension. as the usual "conduct detrimental to the team" was given as the reason. I am not saying I have a right to know as that decision belongs to the coach. I only hope the discipline employed here helps him learn a lesson. If it does, the loss will have been worth it as it will help him in life beyond basketball. Just because you turn 21 does not mean you turn into a man. Whatever decision he made resulted in letting his teammates down. Men don't let down people who depend on them. They are not always successful but they generally make the right decisions. It is time Shawn really grew up.

8. Default Re: Long suspended as Cajuns lose third straight

Regardless of the semantics, he was absent. Furthering the notion that he is unstable. Just read his twitter account. Immaturity can be explained in one example: An individual who lets emotions govern they're decision making processes.

long is not a first rounder he certainly didn't play like it this year

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    long is not a first rounder he certainly didn't play like it this year
    Not saying he deserves to be 1st rounder or even drafted. But for a sophomore playing out of position to be 24th in the country in ppg, 8th in rpg and 16th in total blocks isn't too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Not saying he deserves to be 1st rounder or even drafted. But for a sophomore playing out of position to be 24th in the country in ppg, 8th in rpg and 16th in total blocks isn't too shabby.
    If I'm being politically correct here I'm saying he deserved to be sat for whatever happened off the court. If I'm not being politically correct, I'm saying play the guy no matter what. Long is one of the main cogs of this team. How can you really expect to win a conference game without him, with the way this team has been playing? Can't afford to let this hole in the season open up too much. We can still stop the bleeding if we end the season hot going into the conference tourney. Never know what can happen once there.

Anyway, those are just two ways to think. If you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Leaders lead when needed
    I hope you are referring to Marlin. I wouldn't categorize Long as a leader although he should be

13. Default Re: Long suspended as Cajuns lose third straight

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    If I'm being politically correct here I'm saying he deserved to be sat for whatever happened off the court. If I'm not being politically correct, I'm saying play the guy no matter what. Long is one of the main cogs of this team. How can you really expect to win a conference game without him, with the way this team has been playing? Can't afford to let this hole in the season open up too much. We can still stop the bleeding if we end the season hot going into the conference tourney. Never know what can happen once there.

Anyway, those are just two ways to think. If you get my drift.
    -------------Very interesting post---kinda like don't cut off your nose to spite your face-----when the kid doesn't play everybody loses in my opinion (can't wait for the feedback on this) 1) the team loses as they know they can't win without him and their record gets worse in the conference race 2) the coach loses as his record goes South. 3) the fans lose cause their team gets beaten. 4) the kid gets a rep of being not dependable---Let him play and run his ___ and punish him physically and with other punishments------One of my friends really screwed up and it was decided that he wold stay on the team and play but had to run 25 stadiums every day for a year---at a teammate's wedding in his Tux after a few pops he was at the local HS stadium doing his penance!!!! Surly every crime has a different result but it is something to think about!!!

14. UL Basketball Re: Long suspended as Cajuns lose third straight

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    He pretty much gets shut down when he plays guys like himself. He struggled big time with WKU and GaSt even though his final numbers were OK, they came after the game was pretty much lost.

Thread Information