Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Charity Stripe Issues

Default Re: Charity Stripe Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    LOL

Sorry, I didn't mean find the anomaly season.
    so evans only had 1 good season?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Last 5 minutes of the game this year.
    Cajuns 0.712 Opponents 0.719.
    Interesting. Are we sending other than our top 3 players to the line in the final 5 minutes? Are our best 3 shooting much worse from the line in the prior 35 minutes? A lot of people like to analyze the final minutes of free throws as an important focus. I do not. Often times, you are fouling in the final minutes, only to give gifts to the opponent or vice versa. They (you) are well ahead. they (you) are confident. and they (you) are setting up plays to go to the foul line.

How many times do we miss the front end of a one and one? That is the most devastating of the missed free throws. Those occur in the earlier halves of games. Looking at the final 5 minutes, when you are often in the bonus, you are missing the devastation of the earlier one and one misses.

If your biggest shooters (inside the 3 point arc) are low percentage FT shooters. it hurts. It hurts bad.

I am not sure whether our players are at their optimum in FT shooting ability. If you are under 70% and you are only practicing by repetitiveness. that is wrong. You should be under the guidance of someone adjusting your mechanics. If that has been done. and you are simply a poor FT shooter. so be it. But, you do not just toss a guy a ball and say "do that 500 times". when he's done it 500,000 times already. and expect it to get better.

FT shooting is a lot like chipping in golf. If your mechanics are sound, it only takes doing a lot of repetition to chip extremely well. If your mechanics suck. you can practice sucking over and over and you will keep sucking.

3. Default Re: Charity Stripe Issues

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    1 coach was very successful inspite of below average FT%
    Going from the list at hand (without jumping topics) Evans had the best FT shooting team in the group

2003-2004 FT% .706

This in spite of Mitchell never getting out of the .500's

4. Default Re: Charity Stripe Issues

so evans only had 1 good season?
    Using the list at hand.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Going from the list at hand (without jumping topics) Evans had the best FT shooting team in the group

2003-2004 FT% .706

This in spite of Mitchell never getting out of the .500's
    I remember Robert Lee saying that he didn't have his players practice free throw shooting. He said they should practice that on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I remember Robert Lee saying that he didn't have his players practice free throw shooting. He said they should practice that on their own.
    Thinking like that will get you to Arkansas.

No I don't, but I'm not going to pin our lack of success in basketball on a minor league hockey team, the swamp cats, the monster trucks, a wall being too close or anything else. We aren't the only basketball team to share venues. Just tired of all the lame excuses. At what point is somebody just not getting the job done? Teams are selling out to stop payton, our "great" X's and O's coach needs to figure out a way to combat that or make them pay for selling out.
    ^this

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information