2012-2013 457 681 0.671
    2010-2011 474 714 0.664
    2002-2003 442 669 0.661
    2006-2007 410 620 0.661
    2005-2006 393 610 0.644
    2007-2008 403 627 0.643
    2011-2012 483 766 0.631
    2004-2005 61 122 0.500
    Since they practiced in Bourgeois before IPF I'm thinking like CrazyCajun, "Have you ever played in bourgeois?" one was no better than the other.

Need to practice in the Dome.

Default Re: Charity Stripe Issues

A more interesting stat would be FT% in last 5 minutes of games. Also a different scenario now.one of our biggest threats is a guy who attacks the rim and is our worst free throw shooter. Imagine if guys like tiras wade and brad Boyd attacked the rim. If I'm an opposing team, I foul EP all night long when he attacks the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Need to practice in the Dome.
    I agree but that will never happen as long as the ice gators are here, for that reason I will not support the ice gators. Someone said when the ice gators came here that it would be the demise of Cajun basketball because of the limited dollars for entertainment and the lack of practice time in the dome for the Cajuns. I did not agree with it at the time, but I believe it now.

So now it's the ice gators fault. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    A more interesting stat would be FT% in last 5 minutes of games. Also a different scenario now.one of our biggest threats is a guy who attacks the rim and is our worst free throw shooter. Imagine if guys like tiras wade and brad Boyd attacked the rim. If I'm an opposing team, I foul EP all night long when he attacks the rim.
    Totally agree with you on all accounts. I thought I found somewhere with foul shots at the end of the game, but I am having problems finding it again.

Last 5 minutes of the game this year.
    Cajuns 0.712 Opponents 0.719.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    When it comes to issues at the free-throw line, UL’s can be underlined.

Three times.

Or more.

The Ragin’ Cajuns’ top three scorers – sophomore big man Shawn Long, junior point guard Elfrid Payton and senior shooting guard Bryant Mbamalu – all are shooting under 65 percent at the foul line this season.

Can you practice enough in the offseason to mitigate some of the pressures of making them in a game? Or perhaps after a workout when tired?

So now it's the ice gators fault. Wow
    Yep that's what I said.

So what happened from 2005-2010 when there were no ice gators? Why didn't we always practice in the dome then?

So what happened from 2005-2010 when there were no ice gators? Why didn't we always practice in the dome then?
    I don't know all the answers and evidently you do.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I don't know all the answers and evidently you do.
    No I don't, but I'm not going to pin our lack of success in basketball on a minor league hockey team, the swamp cats, the monster trucks, a wall being too close or anything else. We aren't the only basketball team to share venues. Just tired of all the lame excuses. At what point is somebody just not getting the job done? Teams are selling out to stop payton, our "great" X's and O's coach needs to figure out a way to combat that or make them pay for selling out.

13. Default Re: Charity Stripe Issues

No I don't, but I'm not going to pin our lack of success in basketball on a minor league hockey team, the swamp cats, the monster trucks, a wall being too close or anything else. We aren't the only basketball team to share venues. Just tired of all the lame excuses. At what point is somebody just not getting the job done? Teams are selling out to stop payton, our "great" X's and O's coach needs to figure out a way to combat that or make them pay for selling out.
    Three different coaches, over a decade of having the same FT problems, find the anomaly that ties them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Three different coaches, over a decade of having the same FT problems, find the anomaly that ties them together.
    1 coach was very successful inspite of below average FT%

15. Default Re: Charity Stripe Issues

1 coach was very successful inspite of below average FT%
    LOL

Sorry, I didn't mean find the anomaly season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information