Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: roll call for our last hail mary

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default roll call for our last hail mary

ive called every school the cajuns played from 1957-73 in search of footage for the doc, when i was done i called again, and then again. Getting past the gate keeper is hard, getting someone to actually look for relics from ages ago when it has no benefit to them is nearly impossible, we have gotten lucky twice but now i am contemplating adding a reward of x amount of dollars, i haven't nailed a figure down yet.

may main focus is on the 2 sweet 16 games against k state and louisville. the bonus ones would be anything from the 66 season opening road trip against the likes of duke, houston, vandy, tennessee and auburn. I find it hard to believe the fan bases don't have anything in a private collection.

my next tactic is to reach out to each and every alumni chapter thinking that anyone who is willing to organize a watch party 1,00 miles away from campus will have something or at least know a guy and so on.

my question is who is willing to donate to the pot to make a finders fee a reality? Im going to approach the university about this but im sure if they assist in any way they will simply ask the fan base so im skipping the middle man so to speak.

yes we still have operating funds on hand but they are locked into services we will need to wrap. any and all expenses have been coming out of my pocket directly which i dont have a problem with, but this will require a bit more funds i think. Obviously this has a lot of moving parts to it so if anyone is willing we will discuss further. In the mean time i'll keep grinding away, peace out cajun nation

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: roll call for our last hail mary

here is the kstate list of chapters if anyone is in these areas it could help facilitate the process
    http://www.k-state.com/s/1173/social.gid=1&pgid=343

here is louisville:
    http://www.uoflalumni.org/s/1157/int.gid=1&pgid=468

i will do all the leg work possible tracking down items, but if a liaison is in the same city as a chapter it could be of help

Douglas, I have a contact that worked for the Louisville Courier-Journal. I sent this to him and he said he has a few avenues and connections he can contact. Do you know the date of the Louisville game?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    ive called every school the cajuns played from 1957-73 in search of footage for the doc, when i was done i called again, and then again. Getting past the gate keeper is hard, getting someone to actually look for relics from ages ago when it has no benefit to them is nearly impossible, we have gotten lucky twice but now i am contemplating adding a reward of x amount of dollars, i haven't nailed a figure down yet.

may main focus is on the 2 sweet 16 games against k state and louisville. the bonus ones would be anything from the 66 season opening road trip against the likes of duke, houston, vandy, tennessee and auburn. I find it hard to believe the fan bases don't have anything in a private collection.

my next tactic is to reach out to each and every alumni chapter thinking that anyone who is willing to organize a watch party 1,00 miles away from campus will have something or at least know a guy and so on.

my question is who is willing to donate to the pot to make a finders fee a reality? Im going to approach the university about this but im sure if they assist in any way they will simply ask the fan base so im skipping the middle man so to speak.

yes we still have operating funds on hand but they are locked into services we will need to wrap. any and all expenses have been coming out of my pocket directly which i dont have a problem with, but this will require a bit more funds i think. Obviously this has a lot of moving parts to it so if anyone is willing we will discuss further. In the mean time i'll keep grinding away, peace out cajun nation
    Douglas, I'll drop a few bones on you.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Douglas, I have a contact that worked for the Louisville Courier-Journal. I sent this to him and he said he has a few avenues and connections he can contact. Do you know the date of the Louisville game?
    Fantastic! date is 3/16/1972 7pm tip off

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Douglas, I'll drop a few bones on you.

Z
    right on Z, a reward of some sort is the last option, 1st i will test the waters then see if that needs to be done, but we shall keep in touch

7. Default Re: roll call for our last hail mary

RP is doing our annual fund raiser in Feb.

Unless you think it would unduly help RP or hurt the Lights Out effort, I would be willing to do a 50/50 split with Lights out at Blackham on the fundraiser.

I am almost positive that the K-State game was broadcast on NBC. You might want to try NBC sports, see if they have an archive of past basketball games. It was played in Houston, I'm sure of that.

You could also try, and I bet they have it, the NCAA. Or they may know who does. I think those games were played before video tape was readily available, on film unless converted. That's why I'm thinking one of the two may have something as its probably a one or two copy deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Great to hear

Nbc/universal archives has and I quote "just a huge pile of unlabeled stuff" and the NCAA has nothing outside of the elite 8.
    ill find it though, I refuse to give up on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

12. Default Re: roll call for our last hail mary

---------A Giant stab Douglas but what about the home town TV stations of some of our opponents when we played away????

The NCAA has copies of all NCAA Championship events.

You should be able to call this number and get pointed in the right direction.

NCAA Media Contact Line: 317-917-6117

well i got another warm lead

Attached Images Attached Images  

Crap it is just a picture, I kept clicking on it to have the video play. Good job!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information