Thread: Brittany Cuevas

1. UL Softball Brittany Cuevas

Has Brittany reinjured herself?

Louisiana Campus Re: Brittany Cuevas

She didn't seem injured when I saw her warming up behind the third base bleachers. The ball was popping the mitt. I know the other two pitchers are pitching very well, but if she is indeed not injured, Cuevas deserves more respect and playing time.

Default Re: Brittany Cuevas

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82 View Post
    _ She didn't seem injured when I saw her warming up behind the third base bleachers. The ball was popping the mitt. I know the other two pitchers are pitching very well, but if she is indeed not injured, Cuevas deserves more respect and playing time. _

It is good to know facts, before making statements about respect. Cuevas has continued to have problems with her shoulder and has continued to get treatments during the week. The staff pitches her when she tells them she feels good. Until today, she hadn't pitched since 4-12. THE DECISION IS HERS!

Louisiana Campus Re: Brittany Cuevas

Which is why I said "if" she's not injured. Thanks for the information. This is the first I've heard that she's still nursing an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82 View Post
    _ Which is why I said "if" she's not injured. Thanks for the information. This is the first I've heard that she's still nursing an injury. _
    I always found asking qestions first is better, that way you don't have to insinuate something just in case.

Cuevas looked very good today. Pitched 3 innings of no hit and K'ed 5 of the the 9 batters she faced.

7. UL Softball Cuevas looks sharp in return to the mound

On Sunday, for the first time in nearly a month, Brittany Cuevas donned her protective mask and toed the pitching rubber in a game for UL's softball team.

Count senior Brooke Brodhead among those relieved to see the sophomore throwing again.

"I'm glad she's back," Brodhead said after Sunday's 10-0 win by the Ragin' Cajuns over UL Monroe at Lamson Park. "We're going to need her when we get to the postseason.

"We've got her back on defense."

UL's defense, though, got few fielding opportunities in the mercy-rule win. Starter Donna Bourgeois and Cuevas combined for a one-hit shutout. After tossing two innings and giving up the game's lone hit, Bourgeois was replaced in the third by Cuevas.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • May 5, 2008

Thread Information