Thread: Odds of Ragin' Cajuns making bowl game go up

1. UL Football Odds of Ragin' Cajuns making bowl game go up

College football fans who long for a postseason playoff now have less reason to believe they'll be seeing one anytime soon. Come next winter, though, they'll be able to watch more bowl games than ever before.

Conference commissioners who gathered earlier this week at the annual BCS meetings rejected a "plus-one" proposal that would have allowed for national semifinal and title games to be incorporated into the existing five-game BCS format.

At the same time, the NCAA approved two new postseason games -- the Congressional Bowl and the St. Petersburg Bowl -- to be played next season.

The recent developments are yet another affirmation that college football's oft-scrutinized, oft-criticized postseason will remain without change for the foreseeable future. And if anything, with the addition of two new games, the bowl system just became stronger.

"It's positive," said Steve Hogan, the executive director of Florida Citrus Sports, which oversees Orlando's Champs Sports Bowl and Capital One Bowl. "Definitely for those schools [that will play in the new games] and mostly more in particular for the mid-major conferences that are kind of left at home, if you will."

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Odds of Ragin' Cajuns making bowl game go up

Only if we win and we will.

"The Congressional Bowl, to be played in Washington, D.C., on Dec. 20, will pair Navy -- or a Mid-American Conference team should Navy not be eligible -- against the No. 9 team in the Atlantic Coast Conference."

WOW!! 9th place in the ACC is guaranteed a bowl slot. Amazing.

UL Football Re: Odds of Ragin' Cajuns making bowl game go up

I had a dream a few nights back that the Cajuns made some bowl game other than the New Orleans Bowl. In my dream I felt embarrassed about playing in the lowest tier game and until reading this article I completely forgot about the dream altogether. With that being said, I will feel no embarrassment whatsoever playing in whatever bowl game we could get into. This may be a strong sign of this upcoming year

Hey i thought i heard rumblings of a 2nd bowl berth in the works for the sun belt. We still just have the one berth, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Hey i thought i heard rumblings of a 2nd bowl berth in the works for the sun belt. We still just have the one berth, right? _
    yes, but it would be several without lsu holding the conference down.

Wow. LSU is keeping the Sun Belt out of bowl games. haven't heard that one.

As for the #9 ACC team. not likely they would qualify that many teams. if they don't then the bowl will be open.

Great!!!! Soon every team will get a bowl game; then March Madness will add one more weekend and more play in games and everyone in every sport will make the tourney.

Cool, great, outstanding, no wins needed - just have program.

And uh - little johnny no need to perform we all pass anyway.

Thread Information