Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Article: Louisiana Tabbed 13th in USA Today/NFCA Preseason Poll

Default Cajun softball #13 in 2014 USA Today/NFCA pre-season poll

I have to say I'm a little surprised at how high we are listed in the pre-season rankings. We're very young (23 out of 28 are freshmen or sophomores), so I think it will be a work in progress. We'll need our pitching to step up early until all the young bats catch up, but I think we'll be much better at the end of the year than at the beginning. I probably should also mention South Alabama who came in at #20 and WKY who was in the others receiving votes category.

https://nfca.org/index.php/component.2014&pdiv=div1

Cajun softball, continuously pursuing excellence.

Default Re: Cajun softball #13 in 2014 USA Today/NFCA pre-season poll

Thanks for the link. Looks as though South Al will be a little thorn in our side for some time to come.

3. UL Softball Re: Cajun softball #13 in 2014 USA Today/NFCA pre-season poll

I am delighted that South has become a great competitor, nothing breeds trying harder than somebody at your heels. They may be a one pitcher wonder though. If either UL or South had both pitchers they would be serious contenders for the national title.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I am delighted that South has become a great competitor, nothing breeds trying harder than somebody at your heels. They may be a one pitcher wonder though. If either UL or South had both pitchers they would be serious contenders for the national title.
    South Al does have both of their pitchers back, but they lost three or four starters from the field. The conference will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    South Al does have both of their pitchers back, but they lost three or four starters from the field. The conference will be interesting.
    Yikes. Those pitchers were a force last year.

Well as long as you have Jordan Wallace on the mound you will always have a chance and Shellie Landry can change the game with one swing of her bat. It will be an interesting and fun year.

Geaux Cajuns

Well we got South Al here for the series and conference here so should work in our advantage some.

8. Default Re: Cajun softball #13 in 2014 USA Today/NFCA pre-season poll

Geaux LAdy Cajuns

Let me see if I have this correct. Looking at an old schedule.

We will have at least 19 games against teams receiving votes in the preseason poll. That would include games against UT, UNC, UM, USF, BU, Hofstra, OK, UH, WKU and USA. With most of those games at home. Very nice competition. Folks who don't come out to Lamson because of who we play, can't use that excuse anymore.

Y'all come out and catch a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Let me see if I have this correct. Looking at an old schedule.

We will have at least 19 games against teams receiving votes in the preseason poll. That would include games against UT, UNC, UM, USF, BU, Hofstra, OK, UH, WKU and USA. With most of those games at home. Very nice competition. Folks who don't come out to Lamson because of who we play, can't use that excuse anymore.

Y'all come out and catch a few games.
    Oh, no Everyone who isn't a regular at the Park is afraid they'll like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, they won't come. No chance of the non risk takers to show up. They can't believe girls can be straight, pretty and play softball, too. Risky!

11. Default Re: Cajun softball #13 in 2014 USA Today/NFCA pre-season poll

I think they can be straight, gay, pretty, anyway they come I love um all. Now to the softball part, yea they play that really fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    Oh, no Everyone who isn't a regular at the Park is afraid they'll like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, they won't come. No chance of the non risk takers to show up. They can't believe girls can be straight, pretty and play softball, too. Risky!
    attending the 31 other games about 200 yards away isnt cheap.

I thought that was a little high but should have one heck of an RPI at the end of the season.

14. Default Re: Cajun softball #13 in 2014 USA Today/NFCA pre-season poll

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    attending the 31 other games about 200 yards away isnt cheap.
    I don't follow what you are trying to say with this comment. You talking about the away games?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCajun View Post
    I don't follow what you are trying to say with this comment. You talking about the away games?
    There is also a baseball team in season and only so much entertainment dollars to spare, At least in my house. If softball was at a different time I would probably be more inined to make more games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information