Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: cajuns vs jags

Default Re: cajuns vs jags

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    The glass half filled---What do we need now to get into the tourn.?

Win.

2. Default Re: cajuns vs jags

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Win. _
    Simple!!

3. UL Baseball Re: cajuns vs jags

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    The glass half filled---What do we need now to get into the tourn.? How much has the injury deal hurt us this year??? Can anybody remember the number of guys hurt??? ---At one time Erath High school was the best track program in the state---It fell badly--I asked a former Earth and UL trackster what was the problem and he said it was the Genes of the Erath ladies that they married---Are our guys dating the softball players??? This from a real RC fan!!!!!
    I assume that you mean the Sun Belt Tournament. Just finish in the top 8 in the conference. They will be there. And when you are hosting the conference tournament in a league that has tremendous parity, anything can happen.

Brian

Current SBC standings:

1. ULM 17-4 can you believe this. I think they were picked to finish low
    2. Troy 12-6
    3. Fla Atl. 10-6
    4. W. Kent. 10-8 still to play
    5. UNO 9-8 still to play
    6. USA 9-9 still behind these guys but we will hold a potential tie breaker
    7. UL 10-11 out of the last entrance spot to the tournament
    8. MT 9-11 now in the " " " " " "

9. Fla. Int. 6-12 the turd on the outside looking in
    10. Ark St. 5-13 how did these guys sweep us at home
    11. UALR 5-14 in last as usual

We look to now be in good shape to get into our own tournament thank God. We will most probably finish anywhere from 4th to 8th. Anything higher than 4th looks to be really difficult and we have a 4 game lead on the 9th spot.

5. UL Baseball Re: cajuns vs jags

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I assume that you mean the Sun Belt Tournament. Just finish in the top 8 in the conference. They will be there. And when you are hosting the conference tournament in a league that has tremendous parity, anything can happen.

Brian
    The Cajuns are currently in 7th at 10-11 in conference play. They are 1/2 game behind South Alabama, but hold the tiebreaker if it comes into play. The Cajuns are only 1 1/2 games behind 4th place Western Kentucky (10-8), with a series against the Hilltoppers in Bowling Green looming. The middle of the conference is tightly packed. Meanwhile, 9th place Florida International is 2 1/2 games back of the Cajuns at 6-12. FIU holds the tiebreaker against the Cajuns if it comes into play.

Brian

_ I assume that you mean the Sun Belt Tournament. Just finish in the top 8 in the conference. They will be there. And when you are hosting the conference tournament in a league that has tremendous parity, anything can happen.

Brian _
    And a little birdie told me ulm plans to forfiet any games with us in protest of our name so we wil lhave that automatic win in the tournament since that is the next time we face each other. Oh yea, and the Dali Lhama said that on our death beds we would achieve total conciousness so we have that going for us too.

7. UL Baseball Re: cajuns vs jags

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Current SBC standings:

1. ULM 17-4 can you believe this. I think they were picked to finish low
    2. Troy 12-6
    3. Fla Atl. 10-6
    4. W. Kent. 10-8 still to play
    5. UNO 9-8 still to play
    6. USA 9-9 still behind these guys but we will hold a potential tie breaker
    7. UL 10-11 out of the last entrance spot to the tournament
    8. MT 9-11 now in the " " " " " "

9. Fla. Int. 6-12 the turd on the outside looking in
    10. Ark St. 5-13 how did these guys sweep us at home
    11. UALR 5-14 in last as usual

We look to now be in good shape to get into our own tournament thank God. We will most probably finish anywhere from 4th to 8th. Anything higher than 4th looks to be really difficult and we have a 4 game lead on the 9th spot.
    2 1/2 game lead on the 9th spot.

Brian

_ 2 1/2 game lead on the 9th spot.

Brian _
    You are right. I did not look at the loss column.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    And a little birdie told me ulm plans to forfiet any games with us in protest of our name so we wil lhave that automatic win in the tournament since that is the next time we face each other. Oh yea, and the Dali Lhama said that on our death beds we would achieve total conciousness so we have that going for us too.
    Personally, I would prefer not to be in ULM's side of the bracket. We can't match their bats. Of we are on the opposite side, we don't play them until the finals, when pitching depth may come into play. Of course we have to secure our spot into the tournament first and play well to get to the finals. That is still a tall order with the inconsistency we have shown this year.

I think the 6th seed would be ideal. That has us playing the 3 seed then the winner between 2 and 7 while ULM would be on the opposite side.

Lets get in then worry who is in front of us.

11. Default Re: cajuns vs jags

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    I think the 6th seed would be ideal. That has us playing the 3 seed then the winner between 2 and 7 while ULM would be on the opposite side.

Lets get in then worry who is in front of us.
    Exactly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information