View Poll Results: Your Favorite Abbreviations (multi choice)

Voters
121. This poll is closed
  • LA

72 59.50%
  • ULL

2 1.65%
  • UL-L

0 0%
  • LARC

7 5.79%
  • LAL

2 1.65%
  • LU

12 9.92%
  • UL

76 62.81%
  • ULA

48 39.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Athletic Abbreviations

1. Default Favorite Athletic Abbreviations

Multi choice polling

2-4 letter options posted

Illegal options included

Least Favorite Poll: https://forumeus.com/.a-at-Lafayette

we need to submit the results to Dr Savoie and Scott Farmer. At least they can use the most popular legal abbreviation.

Default Re: Athletic Abbreviations: Your FAVORITE for University of Louisiana

LU doesn't work, we're not Lamar University

LAL is already used by the Los Angeles Lakers

Just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    LU doesn't work, we're not Lamar University

LAL is already used by the Los Angeles Lakers

Just FYI
    While I'm not a fan of LAL I don't think we need to worry about confusion within the conference with the Lakers.

UL!! If not, ULA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yep View Post
    UL!! If not, ULA!!
    Shouldn't we be voting only on things that we can legally use? UL and ULA are not usable unless we change our name to the University of Louisiana at Acadiana.

UL - first and foremost, it was we are known locally and what our athletes where on their uni's, easy to say and easy to remember, no change, but we also will have backlash that comes with (legality etc)

LA - Liking this more and more.but can we do it and market it correctly.I don't know??

ULA - not terrible but we will be U LA-LA'd to death

LU - is not bad but only made since if we were Louisiana University

All others NO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Multi choice polling

2-4 letter options posted

Illegal options included
    Turb, it just dawned on me.When the SBC pressed us for an abbreviation, they should've said FU!!

AU. I hate to think of yet another change, but the evidence shows that UL isn't working out. Acadiana University solidifies the Ragin' Cajun brand, ends the war, and reminds the world that all things Acadian come from here, not Baton Rouge, Monroe, or Shreveport.

What about LOU?

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    AU. I hate to think of yet another change, but the evidence shows that UL isn't working out. Acadiana University solidifies the Ragin' Cajun brand, ends the war, and reminds the world that all things Acadian come from here, not Baton Rouge, Monroe, or Shreveport.
    UL may not be working on a national level but it is for the younger generation in this area and state. Louisiana was gaining so much ground on a national level until now. As Jay pointed out all we needed was ESPN and our conference on board.

Looks like the percentages are not correctly calculated:

LA 27 52.94%
    ULL 0 0%
    UL-L 0 0%
    LARC 4 7.84%
    LAL 0 0%
    LU 8 15.69%
    UL 34 66.67%
    ULA 25 49.02%

It's because its a multi-option vote. Each is a percentage of total voters that voted for the option

Two won't work because of ticker line.LA is Los Angles, Ana LAL is the Lakers.

I'm doing what I think Martin Hall hopes for, up to a degree. I'm toast on this name crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Two won't work because of ticker line.LA is Los Angles, Ana LAL is the Lakers.

I'm doing what I think Martin Hall hopes for, up to a degree. I'm toast on this name crap.
    LA works just fine. There is no LA in college sports. Plus all pro teams that are in LA use their mascot as the next letter (LAL, LAD, LAC, LAK, etc)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information