Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: 2014 Branding Fiasco: UL-Lafayette or UL-L (SBC Reference Guide)

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Farmer is here. Yelled fear the hyphen to him. Wasn't amused.
    "the Hyphen" could make a good mascot. That would be one problem solved. The fighting Hyphens. Could look something like a Hammer Head Shark!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I think there is something behind this. Savoie/Farmer promised to stay in the Sun Belt a few years back. They are so loyal that they didn't want to break this. Now that we have been thrown under the bus on the name issue, they see that the Sun Belt is not loyal to us, so why should we be loyal to them? Savoie/Farmer now pick up the phone and call CUSA and accept the bid that was made to us a while back without feeling bad about their loyal commitment that they made a while back to the Sun Belt? Wishful thinking?
    Most probably it's a case of the Sun-Belt knowing we want out and as.a result them not wanting to go to bat for us.

3. Default Re: Sun Belt reference guide: Call it UL-Lafayette or UL-L

Is it Hyphenation, Hyphen-Nation or Hi-fee-nation?

Default Re: Sun Belt reference guide: Call it UL-Lafayette or UL-L

man first was delay in starting renovations, Hud possibly leaving, and now name change seems like things turned south quick

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Just change to Hyphen' Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    or, UL has gone into "Hyphernation".

Default Re: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE UL-L RABBBLE RABBLE RABBLE T-JOE

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    As long as I'm around it will never stop, and I have a sneaky suspicion I'm not by myself.
    Too many people yelling at the world tonight when they should have been at the Cajundome supporting the basketball team.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Spineless bastards leading our university!!!

Do you realize just how close we were!!!! We already had CBS and Fox and NBC on board… all we were waiting for was ESPN and guess what their reasoning was ---- that our conference still referred to us as UL Lafayette so that's what they used.

If we would've gotten the conference to go along with Louisiana, it would've been a short matter of time before ESPN followed suit.

So my question is… let's say we actually do get an invite to CUSA or AAC, can we get that conference to go along with our name since ULM will be nowhere in sight?

I'm so fed up with this situation. I am also among the growing number that thinks we need to go back to USL and get our identity back. All we did was make fools of ourselves and look petty as fcuk.
    I'm not sure if Tulane would make UL-L a requirement for our admittance into the AAC, but La Tech would absolutely try to make it part of our being admitted into CUSA.

Default Re: UL-L better than ULL?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Yes!!! Just what we needed, another thread about this. Because 6 in one day wasn't enough.
    600 isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I'm not sure if Tulane would make UL-L a requirement for our admittance into the AAC, but La Tech would absolutely try to make it part of our being admitted into CUSA.
    We did it for both schools ourselves. No more objections to be made about our name. In fact, the UL-L could not be better for them. They are all laughing their asses at us. No more name threads on other boards. The world is relieved.

2014 is gonna be sweet!!

Default No Hyphen Here . . . We Are Louisiana

This is my new slogan. Let's make buttons, tee shirts, banners for tailgating. Let the administration know they cut off many of their staunch supporters off at the knees and we won't go down without a fight.

Default Re: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE UL-L RABBBLE RABBLE RABBLE T-JOE

Yes!!! Just what we needed, another thread about this. Because 6 in one day wasn't enough.

Too many people yelling at the world tonight when they should have been at the Cajundome supporting the basketball team.
    Why was game moved to 6:00? Screwed up a lot of people.

I can say I dont like it one bit. I don't care what anyone else in the world calls it but I will refer to us as Louisiana. As far Savioe, looks like T-Joe has T-testicles. Lets be honest, the only one with a pair is HUD and he's probably getting tired of being the only one in a room to visit the Men's restroom during breaks from negotiating. I really feel played to be honest. The least he could do is step out the office and look us in the face and give us the actually reason why he caved. But we all know that won't happen. Should have seen this coming after the Moanroe game. I refuse to buy any more merchandise that has "at Lafayette" or "-Lafayette" or "-L" on it.

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information