View Poll Results: Cajuns SunBelt Champions?

Voters
63. This poll is closed
  • Zero Chance!

10 15.87%
  • Only if WKU does not show up!

11 17.46%
  • 50% Chance!

13 20.63%
  • We will win the championship!

29 46.03%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Jessie Evans coach the Cajuns to a Championship?

UL Basketball Can JESSIE Evans coach the Cajuns to a Championship?

I have zero confidence right now in him.He has a chance to redeem himself in Bowling Green,but the odds are not good.If he does not win the Championship,he only needs to look in the mirror to see why Cajun fans don't think he can win one.

This is his chance to prove to Cajun fans the he is more then a good talker.:confused:

Looks like quite a few people (including me) agree at least partially anyway.

3. Default

I am surprised at the high doubt level based on 3 points.

Man, we lose one big game and people are calling for this guy's head. Sun Belt West champs, 20 win season, almost guaranteed postseason play, 20 game home winning streak, 9,000+ in the Dome. When was the last time you could say that? Have faith in the guy, Western was a damn good team. We are a damn good team. Jessie is a damn good coach.

UL Basketball

I am just about to give up on some of our so call"fans". I agree with you CR! This is getting ridiculous. Jesse sure as hell can't suit up and play. If the players aren't following his instructions what is he supposed to do other than take a hunk out of their asses. Has Jesse made mistakes? Cettainly he has, and I can assure all of the "fans" he probably will in the future. We lost last night to a team that out rebounded us, played great defense, and had a 3 point shot that bordered on luck. Am I disappointed that we lost the game? Certainly I am. Do I think we could have played better, shot our fre throws better and rebounded better? Yes, I do! But to be calling for Jesse"s head for this loss is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!

I have not seen anybody in this thread call for Jessie's head. We were out played and out coached last night. I am giving up on the team? NO. Western does not have a more talented team they we do. We did not lose to Kentucky last night it was Western Kentucky. Did they deserve to when last night? yes. Should they have won? no. We lost another opportunity to win a big game in front of a big home crowd on national TV. Those chances do not come along that often for our program and we must win these games in order to improve our national perception and thus improve recruiting. If we do not win the conference tournament this year that will be only 1 conference championship in the past 6 seasons. 20 wins is a good season but in our conference it is either win the tournament, go to the NIT or stay home. I guess it all matters on how you measure success. No team starts any season shooting for second place. Win or lose I will support the program but being satisfied with a "good" team and a "good" season will never get us anywhere but sitting home for the big dance.

UL Basketball The Truth!

Thanks SwampFox for telling the truth.Some people don't want to hear it sometimes,but I agree with everthing you stated.The only number that counts after last night's game is 0-5.That's the Cajun's record in the last five games against WKU.Now do we still have a shot against WKU in Bowling Green?Yes!But I wonder how much fan support Evans will get next year,if he fails to win the SunBelt Championship.He would only have one championship in 6 years.I would wager he would not have as much as we enjoyed this year.You can't just talk the talk,you have to walk the walk!

Ok, mabye you aren't calling for his head, but "I have zero confidence right now in him" is pretty close. As for the fan support, did we go to the tourney last year?

My question is, if you are all upset with him, what should Jessie do differently?

Default Re: The Truth!

Originally posted by CAJUNGURU
    The only number that counts after last night's game is 0-5.That's the Cajun's record in the last five games against WKU.Now do we still have a shot against WKU in Bowling Green?
    Dont get ahead of yourself. Im starting to get tired of all the talk in the tourny. Everyone talks as if we are already in the championship, and so is WKU. They still have a couple of games to play against a couple of tough teams. I personally think MTSU will get there and will upset WKU. just focus on whats next. anyone done any bracket setting, like who plays who and who we might play in the tourney because Id rather focus on who we play next rather then dwell on WKU.

Tuffguy

UL Basketball

Sounds like "ToughGuy" is a litle smarter than the average toughguy. There have been a lot of close games in the Sunbelt this year. UL & WKU are not "shoe-in's" for the Championship. Anyone that has played sports before knows that if you don't focus heavily on the next game only, you will surely lose. I am almost willing to bet that we will all be surprised at who makes it to the championship game.

Good Point Tuffguy. Hopefully, this team isn't as arrogant as we are and is concentrating on who needs to be concentrated on.

UL Basketball Re: The Truth!

Thanks SwampFox for telling the truth.Some people don't want to hear it sometimes,but I agree with everthing you stated.The only number that counts after last night's game is 0-5.That's the Cajun's record in the last five games against WKU.Now do we still have a shot against WKU in Bowling Green?Yes!But I wonder how much fan support Evans will get next year,if he fails to win the SunBelt Championship.He would only have one championship in 6 years.I would wager he would not have as much as we enjoyed this year.You can't just talk the talk,you have to walk the walk!
    GURU whay don't you just tell us what you really think. I would guess we need to terminate Jesse because he has one trip to the NCAA in 5 prior years, and come up runner up in 2 others. You have fallen prey to the common misconseption that we have superior players and inferior coaching. I say we are near the top in both in any given year, but never clearly better than everyone else.

No players on the first team? They will come out MMMMAAAADDDDD

14. UL Basketball

I had heard a rumor that not one Cajun had made the first team. The Daily Astonisher confirmed the rumor. I cannot comprehend this. It is an indication of what the other SBC schools think of our team.

15. Default

This is his chance to prove to Cajun fans the he is more then a good talker.
    CAJUNGURU, it is almost SHOWTIME.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information