Poll: GoodStock Ul's 1000th football game

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL's 1000th Football Game

1. UL Football

On November 1st 2008 the UL vs FIU game will be the 1000th football game in UL history. It is also homecoming 2008.

PLEASE POST IDEAS for EVENTS SURROUNDING GAME

GoodStock (play on WoodStock) is something I propose happens for the 1000th football game in UL history.

I got this idea from coach Robichaux and Alumni Day where he had the couple hundred former baseball players go to their respective positions just prior to the start of the game.

In conjunction with Victory Run just before the November 1st game (1000th in UL History ) every former UL football player (that can) goes down to the Swamp's playing surface and gets in line or “lines up” at the 50 yard line and stands at his former position. Kickers and holders near the goal and punt returners near the other goal.

Each position forms a seniority based straight line out towards each end zone, Oldest to youngest. Good Stock!

No student at UL will want to miss the 1000th game.

No alumni will want to miss the 1000th game.

Acadiana will turn out for UL's 1000th game.

Good Stock will reconnect UL Alumni with UL Today, like nothing before.

Will you go to the game early to see Good Stock 2008? Get in Line. It could be a game where the number of people in attendance grows for years . . .

ps The above thoughts are not real planned events (YET) they are fantasy thoughts conjured up in the mind of this poster

UL Football Re: How high should UL's 1000th Football Game rank on the Hype Meter

I would not mind to see some sort of commemorative item for season ticket holders and students to say "I was there". Something that you could market with homecoming and make it larger that it already is.

Default Re: How high should UL's 1000th Football Game rank on the Hype Meter

What is our record to this point?

4. Default Re: How high should UL's 1000th Football Game rank on the Hype Meter

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ What is our record to this point? _
    466-492-34

5. Default Re: How high should UL's 1000th Football Game rank on the Hype Meter

Still crunching numbers but the last time UL entered a season with an overall winning record was the 2000 season. Incidently it was UL's (unnoticed) 100th year of football.

The last time UL entered a game with an overall winning record was game 5 of the 2000 season on Sep 30 at Alabama-Birmingham.

After that loss UL was 0-5 on the year, 437-437 and the ties. Snice then . . . .

In my opinion 1000 games regardless of the record should not go unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Still crunching numbers but the last time UL entered a season with an overall winning record was the 2000 season. Incidently it was UL's (unnoticed) 100th year of football.

The last time UL entered a game with an overall winning record was game 5 of the 2000 season on Sep 30 at Alabama-Birmingham.

After that loss UL was 0-5 on the year, 437-437 and the ties. Snice then . . . .

In my opinion 1000 games regardless of the record should not go unnoticed. _
    I think any game that can used to make the public and student body more aware of UL athletics should be marketed. Perhaps a tailgating booth set up with free food and drinks. Kids love to eat. It is also a great way for the new Pres. to meet and greet people.

_
    In my opinion 1000 games regardless of the record should not go unnoticed. _
    AGREED!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ AGREED!! _
    Unless Doc S does something soon to establish us as D1A member then we can use the 1000th game as a countdown to when we drop football completely or drop to 1aa.

the 1000th game in our football history should be surrounded by all the hoopla and fanfare we can muster. we should do everything we can to call positive attention to ourselves, and in the process convert more people in this area into becoming cajun football fans.

10. Default Re: GoodStock

_

GoodStock (play on WoodStock) is something I propose happens for the 1000th football game in UL history.

I got this idea from coach Robichaux and Alumni Day where he had the couple hundred former baseball players go to their respective positions just prior to the start of the game.

In conjunction with Victory Run just before the November 1st game (1000th in UL History ) every former UL football player (that can) goes down to the Swamp's playing surface and gets in line or “lines up” at the 50 yard line and stands at his former position. Kickers and holders near the goal and punt returners near the other goal.

Each position forms a seniority based straight line out towards each end zone, Oldest to youngest. Good Stock!

No student at UL will want to miss the 1000th game.

No alumni will want to miss the 1000th game.

Acadiana will turn out for UL's 1000th game.

Good Stock will reconnect UL Alumni with UL Today, like nothing before.

Will you go to the game early to see Good Stock 2008? Get in Line. It could be a game where the number of people in attendance grows for years . . .

ps The above thoughts are not real planned events (YET) they are fantasy thoughts conjured up in the mind of this poster _

Tradition is something you not only start but build upon. As a newcomer to the UL family anything that goes toward the support of the various sports programs(esp. football which I am a little biased about) is awesome. Bring together the Alums' and present day guys--let them get to know each other and give the younger ones a chance to hear and feel the stories of old.
    Goodstock--GoodIdea !!! Geaux Cajuns'

Default Re: UL's 1000th Football Game: Rank it on the Hype Meter

OK.we've done this 1000 times and we still haven't really gotten it right? No, I will let it pass unheralded in hopes that the 2000th deserves notice.if i live that long!

Has anyone mentioned this to Mr Farmer and company?

Maybe they aren't aware?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL's 1000th Football Game: Rank it on the Hype Meter

Has anyone mentioned this to Mr Farmer and company?
    Mr. Farmer, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Mr. Ken Ardoin, Director of University Advancement, Mr. John Claude Arceneaux, Assistant Alumni Director, Mr. Gerald Landry, member of Gridiron Club all have been contacted. While I know there will be a few others that need to be notified, this covers Rhinehart Drive, Martin Hall, Alumni, and Football players. This is a good start and I believe that communications among the above will spread throughout the university, community and alumni.

Would someone forward him turbines jpeg.

help at the administration and what not.

15. Default Re: UL's 1000th Football Game: Rank it on the Hype Meter

_ Would someone forward him turbines jpeg.
    Since you have to be logged in to see attachments some might not know what jpeg you were referring to. (So I did a hard copy to the server) Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information